PDA

View Full Version : CCW permit holder saved the day.

I`m Batman
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 10:04 PM
It could happen anywhere at anytime.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120716/ARTICLES/120719707/1109/sports?Title=Video-shows-patron-shooting-robbers-at-Palms-Internet-Cafe

Clovis
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 10:08 PM
That just made my day! Nice job grandpa!!

I`m Batman
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 10:14 PM
My instructor emailed me the link. He's a Sgt at Aurora PD. Here's what he said. Good tips.

"Hi everyone,

** This video shows a citizen fighting back against the cowards who prey on the unarmed. Watch them run when they encounter an armed citizen.

Observations:

-Distance is the friend of the trained shooter, therefore do not close the distance if at all possible.

-If possible retain a two handed grip on your handgun for control, and keep your front sight on target, rather than constantly bringing the gun down between shots.

-Use cover, (that which stops bullets), and concealment, don't stand out in the open.

-Shoot, move, shoot, move...you get the picture.

** All in all the citizen did a great job, there would be less crime if there were more citizens such as him.

GD"

TransNone13
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Those guys are cowards, wow... Running off like an Olympic 100m dash, not stereotypical at all. They weren't even smart enough to keep each other covered, nice.

#1Townie
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah i read another article that had a interview with the criminals. They tryd to cry about how they didnt want to hurt anyone and tryd to make the old man seem like a bad guy. You get what you get fuckers! Lol

Good job old man.

salsashark
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Yeah i read another article that had a interview with the criminals. They tryd to cry about how they didnt want to hurt anyone and tryd to make the old man seem like a bad guy. You get what you get fuckers! Lol

Good job old man.

:lol:

I'd like to buy that guy a steak dinner!

Similar thing happened to my friend's grandfather over in Littleton several years ago. He was working at bingo hall charity thing and a couple of gang bangers tried to hold him up in the parking lot. So he pulled and fired. Shot one, the other one got away. Police never filed any charges on him.

Still a firm believer that there would be a lot less crime in this world if the criminals knew they had a good chance of encountering armed citizens and may get killed in the process.

BC14
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 07:33 AM

Similar thing happened to my friend's grandfather over in Littleton several years ago. He was working at bingo hall charity thing and a couple of gang bangers tried to hold him up in the parking lot. So he pulled and fired. Shot one, the other one got away. Police never filed any charges on him.

Still a firm believer that there would be a lot less crime in this world if the criminals knew they had a good chance of encountering armed citizens and may get killed in the process.
Agree 100%!!! :up:

brennahm
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Hell yeah Ocala!

#1Townie
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Good for your pops.

And i second that last half of your statement.

Ghosty
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Sweet! Couple 19yr olds, hope they learned their lesson. Lucky to be alive, gramps didn't aim for the idiots' heads!

Glad to hear that's legal here in Colorado too.

Samko
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 11:38 AM
God bless USA !

RajunCajun
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 11:52 AM
JUST MADE MY DAY!! Thanks, Gramps!!

maktastik_jr.
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 01:01 PM
God bless america!:w00t:

salsashark
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear that's legal here in Colorado too.

Never said it was "legal" or not... Just said they never charged him.

Although, it could have been a similar situation that my grandfather experienced when some kids broke into his garage in Castle Rock.

Story was something like this

Cop "There wasn't much we could do since they were minors"

Grandpa "Well next time, I'll just shoot them"

Cop "If you do, you'll be arrested and put in jail"

Grandpa "That's ok, I'm old, ugly and lonely... I could use the company"

:lol: I really do miss my Grandpa... he was a riot.

derekm
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Never said it was "legal" or not... Just said they never charged him.

Although, it could have been a similar situation that my grandfather experienced when some kids broke into his garage in Castle Rock.

Story was something like this

Cop "There wasn't much we could do since they were minors"

Grandpa "Well next time, I'll just shoot them"

Cop "If you do, you'll be arrested and put in jail"

Grandpa "That's ok, I'm old, ugly and lonely... I could use the company"

:lol: I really do miss my Grandpa... he was a riot.
awesome

old timer was tcb for sure!!!

mdub
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 08:05 PM
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l368/Ass_E9/BTO.jpg

Aaron
Mon Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
To those of you who conceal and carry, please take some advice here. Before I speak, I'm extremely for arming those who can be trusted to carry responsibly, and if you're in that category, I hope you are never defenseless.

Having this in mind, some advice:

Your weapon is to save lives, not property. Period.

If you have to pull and use your weapon, put it the fuck away ASAP. If you have a gun out when cops show up, bad shit will happen.

Call 911, tell the call-taker how many suspects are down, how many got away, and if the scene is secure (Safe for medical to enter).

Keep your hands up, and tell the cops you're armed and fired.

TransNone13
Mon Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
To those of you who conceal and carry, please take some advice here. Before I speak, I'm extremely for arming those who can be trusted to carry responsibly, and if you're in that category, I hope you are never defenseless.

Having this in mind, some advice:

Your weapon is to save lives, not property. Period.

If you have to pull and use your weapon, put it the fuck away ASAP. If you have a gun out when cops show up, bad shit will happen.

Call 911, tell the call-taker how many suspects are down, how many got away, and if the scene is secure (Safe for medical to enter).

Keep your hands up, and tell the cops you're armed and fired.

I know how the law reads, but having the right to kill a man attempting to steal your property will deter thefts...

Aaron
Mon Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
I absolutely agree with you, it would.

TransNone13
Mon Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
I absolutely agree with you, it would.

In theory, this is why you shoot to kill. Then you only have to explain your side of the story.

Aaron
Mon Jul 23rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
I can't give opinions here as freely as I'd like because of my openness with my occupation, so let me say that we, and you, should shoot to stop. Fire until the threat is no longer a threat. Unfortunately the shot placement that is most effective at quickly stopping a threat is not normally conducive to life.

TransNone13
Mon Jul 23rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
I can't give opinions here as freely as I'd like because of my openness with my occupation, so let me say that we, and you, should shoot to stop. Fire until the threat is no longer a threat. Unfortunately the shot placement that is most effective at quickly stopping a threat is not normally conducive to life.

My occupation trains me to shoot to kill, not stop coincidentally. Just be effective initially... Point taken, and ammunition selection has an affect on this as well. I couldn't believe this guy didn't kill either one of them.

grim
Mon Jul 23rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Eliminate the threat is all you need to know.

Tylar
Mon Jul 23rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Eliminate the threat is all you need to know.

:up: