PDA

View Full Version : TFOG

Drew 600r
Mon Aug 8th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Just got back from TFOG and had them put on some Metzler Sportec M-1 for front and rear and couldn't have had a better experience. No nonsense prices or hidden fees like the dealerships charge. Good prices on tires and mounting/ balance. Was in and out in about an hour. I was able to just sit and talk while they were putting the tires on. Great guys.
Even adjusted my suspension a little bit.

troythetroll
Mon Aug 8th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Well yeah sure right...BUT! Was Nova there, and if she was, did she lick your hand?

Drew 600r
Mon Aug 8th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Until I know for sure what Nova is "No Comment."

troythetroll
Mon Aug 8th, 2005, 07:06 PM
WHAT! You go to TFOG and don't know who NOVA is? Shame shame......

jontflesh
Mon Aug 8th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I gotta add onto this..
TFOG helped me out greatly getting my POS back in action. Same experience, no non-sense billing, GREAT customer service, delivery for an added charge, and they are just excellent knowlegible peeps.

TFOG has basically won a return customer for a long long time after thier trackside support and now a service job.

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lewis2280
Thu Aug 11th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Sorry guys but had to get my two cents in. I bought a TL1000R in march and the guy I brought it from said he always used TFOG. I have not had an experience with them but on the TL I took it in for an oil change and I get a call asking if I want my front tire put on the right way I guess it was install backwards. I didn't really notice until I rode it after and it made it ride like a dream (maybe in my head but who knows). Now the tire is wearing extremely fast and I am guessing that is why. I have not used them and would be more then willing to. All I know is that if is not :guns: Colorado Powersports :321: I will give anyone an opportunity to impress me

Anonymous
Thu Aug 11th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Check the sidewall of your tire, there will be a small arrow somewhere. That points in the direction of rotation. As for fast wear, check your pressure. Let me say again, check your pressure. Also on the tire's sidewall will be some PSI values for cold pressure. Check the bike after it has sat for a while out of the sun (i.e. if you have a garage, and before you ride it again is good) and fill the tires to the max cold pressure listed on the sidewall.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Aug 11th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Check the bike after it has sat for a while out of the sun (i.e. if you have a garage, and before you ride it again is good) and fill the tires to the max cold pressure listed on the sidewall.

Actually, max. pressure is for max. load. Since your bike isn't loaded to the max., the max. pressure will be too much. Your owners manual should have pressures for normal riding and high speed riding. Another way to do it is to figure out the max. load of both tires and calculate the ratio to your actual weight (rider + bike). Then apply that ratio to the max. tire pressure and you will have a theoretical perfect pressure for that weight.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Aug 12th, 2005, 09:23 AM
It would appear that the formula I mentioned above doesn't work on bikes. I just tried it on mine and the pressure came out to be 14psi. I don't think so!!!

I learned that formula in a B.F. Goodrich seminar. Works great for vehicles...

Anonymous
Fri Aug 12th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I think bike tires work at max pressure because the bike weight isn't gonna vary much from model to model. I've always used what is on the tire (not the owner's manual - that is written for OEM tires, which you may or may not continue to use) and had excellent luck with traction and tread life. Obviously you take some out for the track, but for street riding the tire is the most accurate number to go by, IMO.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Aug 12th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I've always assumed max. pressure was for max. load. It appeasr that bike tires work totally different. :dunno:

For my bike it says 36psi, front & rear, for loads up to 198lbs. From 198lbs to max. load it says 36 front and 42 rear. 42 is max. pressure for both tires. So, once again :dunno:

JoeCode
Sat Aug 13th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Got the same great experience from TFOG. I bugged the hell out of them with all my ignorant motorcycle questions the whole time. Price to change and balance tires was as cheap as I've found and price per tire was cheaper than I have found ANYWHERE on the internet (once you add in S/H).
Got some Pilot Powers for the CSC track day.

Got plenty of attention from NOVA too.

troythetroll
Sat Aug 13th, 2005, 05:27 PM
NOVA RULEZ!

The wife refuses to drop me off over there to pick up the bike unless Nova is around.

green_zx7r
Fri Sep 16th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Nova.

Pribilof
Fri Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:01 PM
Just got back from TFOG and had them put on some Metzler Sportec M-1 for front and rear and couldn't have had a better experience. No nonsense prices or hidden fees like the dealerships charge. Good prices on tires and mounting/ balance. Was in and out in about an hour. I was able to just sit and talk while they were putting the tires on. Great guys.
Even adjusted my suspension a little bit.

I had pretty much the exact same experience whe I took my buddies Triumph in last week. Very friendly, good prices on tires as well as service, and the were able to change the tires without any advance notice that I was coming in. I'll definately be back there.

Stuart Little
Sat Sep 24th, 2005, 01:41 PM
what'd you pay in the end for the tires and all services, I have some sportec M-1's that have probably 2k left on em but I'm curious for when I go shoppin for new ones...

Nonstop
Sat Jan 14th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I petted her all the time when I went in but never knew her name was nova. Learn something new every day I guess.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jun 16th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Tfog came through once more :up: The boyz gave the ZZR a once-over valve adjust for the '06 riding season. Worked well but developed a valve cover oil leak. Took it back in after a few miles :D and they stripped it down to the valve cover --- fixed the leaking grommet ---- put it back together ---- and I was on my way. No charge. Not all shops would step up to that level of service. They'll see me again for other stuff. A1 service. 8)

McVaaahhh
Fri Jun 16th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Excellent service over there. Just had some new shoes put on the F4i, hung out with Nova a little, guys were a great help as always. :up: