PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Annual CSC BBQ - Saturday Aug. 4th - Sponsored by Performance Cycle and ABATE

Spiderman
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 01:00 AM
It's that time again...
... time for the Annual CSC BBQ!! :yay:

When: Saturday August 4th, starting around noon. Goes till we're done (things usually start winding down around 4)
Where: Clement Park in Littleton *** we are at a different shelter this year so see the directions below for details
What: The grill will be going with burgers, dogs, & brats; you're welcome to bring other meat to grill (more food/drink options below)
Who: Family is welcome, and this is kid/dog friendly (pets and some kids must be leashed!)

This year's BBQ is made possible with help from
:bow: Performance Cycle (http://www.performancecycle.com/) & ABATE of Colorado (http://www.abateofcolo.org/). :applause:

How Do I Get There?
We are in shelter "H" this year, which is in the northeast corner of the park (click for map (https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202288077027316501156.0004c526d7e28fc4a3fe 2&msa=0&ll=39.609333,-105.074251&spn=0.004769,0.009645)), near the intersection of Wadsworth and Pierce, about 1 mile east of Wadsworth and Bowles (enter the park through the entrance in front of the baseball diamonds and turn left, then park when you get to the parking lot).

What Can I Bring? How Can I Help?
ABATE of Colorado (http://www.abateofcolo.org/) & Performance Cycle (http://www.performancecycle.com/) have both stepped up to help supply hot-dogs, brats, burgers, buns, and some basic condiments (as well as plates, cups, cutlery, & napkins); I will also have some veggie burgers for those that don't eat meat. If you have something else you'd like us to grill, feel free to bring it! Beyond that we appreciate people bringing a side-dish, soda, dessert, or something else tasty to share. We've had some great smoked brisket, soups & salads in the past - keep it up! Post up and let us know what you're going to bring - we'll keep an updated list lower down in this post. If you decide to come at the last minute, you can call me (@ 720-608-8801) to see if we need anything.

I will also probably be getting a small keg of Killians. :cheers:
* Please drink responsibly, and DON'T drink & ride!

Food ideas:
- Potato salad - ABATEStateCoord
- Macaroni salad
- Cole slaw
- Chili
- Green chili
- BBQ baked beans (I do believe FZRGUY has standing dibs on this dish! ... Update: Yup, he does! :lol: )
- Chips and/or dip - ~Barn~ - Couple bags of Lays + Couple bags of Doritos/Fritos + Maybe a bag or 2 of Lays.
- Fruit salad
- Vegetables & dip
- Watermelon - DolphinRider & DemonRider
- Pie
- Cake
- Cookies - ChangBang (maybe)
- Soda/drinks
- Water - DolphinRider & DemonRider (2 cases)
- ??? (any suggestions?)

Other stuff we can use:
- LARGE coolers
- ice ice baby
- EZ-up canopies
- camp chairs
- games (ie: volleyball net; football; frisbee; etc.)

How Do I Bring Food and Ride?
If you're planning on riding to the picnic, obviously, you can either pack it in a backpack, or strap it to the back seat, but another option would be to pass it off to someone who is caging it. We'll start a list below of cagers who can take stuff there for people. If you do go this route, please don't expect them to pick it up from your house - you need to make arrangements to get it wherever it needs to be.

Who's Bringing What:
This is a list of who is bringing what food/drink/etc:
1. Spiderman - Burgers & veggie burgers, brats, hot-dogs, buns, condiments, plates, cups, napkins, utensils, etc. (I'll also have a few extra serving spoons), water (served from a 5 gal jug), ice, 1 large cooler (to hold ice & drinks)
2. FZRGUY - 8 lbs. of jet fuel (AKA: BBQ Baked Beans)
3. DolphinRider & DemonRider - Watermelon and 2-cases of bottled water
4. ~Barn~ - have to figure out what we're bringing to eat. I'm sure I'll still take a football and mitts & a baseball
5. mdub - mitt and a frisbee. Something to grill
6. Heater - candy ....and the van with no windows that has "Free Puppies" painted on the side
7. ~Barn~ - Couple bags of Lays + Couple bags of Doritos/Fritos + Maybe a bag or 2 of Lays
8. UHATEIT - not sure what yet... Probably some bags of chips and a ranch dip or queso dip
9. Jason ON - Umm....
10. big53lee - FRUIT, & dip for Barn's chips
11. ABATEStateCoord - potato salad and a beef brisket
12. ChangBang - I'll try to bring some cookies if I'm able to make it.
13. sprtbkbabe - cupcakes
[YOU] - What can you bring?

Who is Caging It and Transporting Food for People?
This will help those of you on bikes arrange a cage to get your soup, chili, or whatever to the picnic. If you can volunteer please post up, but include your general location! Expect some people to PM you asking for your services. If you need food brought for you, PM one of these people.

1. FZRGUY (Lakewood)
2. DolphinRider & DemonRider (Thornton)
3. ~Barn~ (greater DTC)
?. Who else can help?

SEE YOU THERE!! 8)

FZRguy
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Yup, usual 8 lbs. of jet fuel. I'll be truckin' from Lakewood if anyone needs food/drink transpo from that locale.

Cornfed
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:06 AM
those that don't eat meat.
Can bring a celery stick and shove it. This is a BBQ folks. Burgers (made from a cow), Brats and Baked Beans!

Thank you to Performance and Abate for supporting us. BTW, Performance kicks ass, havent had a bad experience there yet. Always helpful, always knowledgeable, always priced right. Good on you.

Wish I could make it but I work Saturdays. :banghead:
On the bright side at least I have a job.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:05 AM
attended this event year before last. Super fun and lots a pleasure to meet new faces.

Unable to attend again this year but thank you to ABATE and Performance Cycle

DemonRider
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Nikki (DolphinRider) will be caging from Thornton Area and is available to assist in getting things to the park if needed just PM her or myself, we will also bring Waters and Watermelon.

THANK YOU to Performance Cycle, and Abate for the support :)

~Barn~
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I'm sure I'll be there, just have to figure out what we're bringing to eat. I'm sure I'll still take a football and mitts & a baseball, like usual.

See ya'll there!

mdub
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Cool. ...I will bring my mitt and a frisbee. Something to grill...

Jmetz
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I'll bring my appetite.

GRNMSHN
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hey look I'm on here!!! Trippy man, what a weird place...I'm going!

jamieness08busa
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Blue Star Blues Festival going on at clement same day. Tab Benoit and Austin Young. Should make for a great day.

Heater
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 08:27 AM
We'll bring the candy :) ....and the van with no windows that has "Free Puppies" painted on the side.....

Spiderman
Mon Jul 30th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Bump! Reminder, this is taking place this Saturday, folks!

big53lee
Mon Jul 30th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I'm caging it with wife and kidos from DTC. we can bring chips and dips. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Heater, i LOVE candy. lol

Barn.....can the 5 of us catch a ride? lol jk

~Barn~
Tue Jul 31st, 2012, 11:27 PM
Bump it!

FZRguy
Tue Jul 31st, 2012, 11:39 PM
Has anyone attended the festival that's going on there the same day? Wondering if we are going to have parking issues because of it. :dunno:

AOK303
Tue Jul 31st, 2012, 11:52 PM
didnt we do the bbq on a sunday last time oi i work sat's cant make it

FZRguy
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 12:08 AM
Yes, alternate Sunday/Saturday each year.

AOK303
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 12:28 AM
i say we RE alternate it to Sunday
=P

WolFeYeZ
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 12:37 AM
=P

How about swapping your shift? :idea:

AOK303
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 12:52 AM
they already said No dice

UHATEIT
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 10:37 AM
I will bring something, not sure what yet but I will post up shortly when I figure it out. Probably some bags of chips and a ranch dip or queso dip (got to figure out how to transport that to the park tho)

Jason ON
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 04:33 PM
I'll have to figure out something to bring. Umm....

~Barn~
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 04:47 PM
If post #1 is still accurate, there are plenty of ideas of items that will be needed. Since I've been pretty wishy-washy to this point, go ahead an put me down for "chips", W.B.

- Couple bags of Lays.
- Couple bags of Doritos/Fritos.
- Maybe a bag or 2 of :siesta: Lays.

~Barn~
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah... If you want to ride to the BBQ from the greater DTC area, but need items transported, hit me up. It'll be up to you to bring me the stuff beforehand, but I'm happy to take whatever over in the 'Burban. I basically live at Arapahoe and Potomac.

Jmetz
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 05:05 PM
If I don't end up going camping I'll probably stop by.

big53lee
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 05:47 PM
If post #1 is still accurate, there are plenty of ideas of items that will be needed. Since I've been pretty wishy-washy to this point, go ahead an put me down for "chips", W.B.

- Couple bags of Lays.
- Couple bags of Doritos/Fritos.
- Maybe a bag or 2 of :siesta: Lays.

i guess we'll have alot of chips then.....read a few posts ^

lol we decided to change what we're bringin.............

FRUIT

~Barn~
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM
Dang... I guess you're right. :lol: I was concentrating on the updates to P1, instead of the postings.

Yo UHATEIT... If you still want dibs on bringing chips, just let me know. I'm still down to bring some, if you want to just bring a few different dips and salsas or whatever. Probably easier for you to backpack that stuff over than bags of chips, anyway. :dunno:

mdub
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM
i'll bring red plastic beverage containers.

~Barn~
Wed Aug 1st, 2012, 11:54 PM
i'll bring red plastic beverage containers.

What are the odds of you bringing some of those ribs like you made that one day?

ABATE of Colorado (http://www.abateofcolo.org/) & Performance Cycle (http://www.performancecycle.com/) have both stepped up to help supply hot-dogs, brats, burgers, buns, and some basic condiments (as well as plates, cups, cutlery, & napkins)

AOK303
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 12:05 AM
you making korean short ribs Mdub

UHATEIT
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Dang... I guess you're right. :lol: I was concentrating on the updates to P1, instead of the postings.

Yo UHATEIT... If you still want dibs on bringing chips, just let me know. I'm still down to bring some, if you want to just bring a few different dips and salsas or whatever. Probably easier for you to backpack that stuff over than bags of chips, anyway. :dunno:

sure thing! I will bring some dips. I was only thinking chips and dip to make sure I brought the right chips to match the dip. I Didnt want to bring salsa/queso/bean if there was no tortilla chips or bring ranch dip without Ruffles. Post up whatever type of chips your thinking and I'll bring the dips for it. I'll just snag those glass jar types from King Soopers

~Barn~
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
I'll get all types, so feel free to go wild. My recommendations would be...
- French Onion
- Guac.
- Bean Dip (God it's so good with Fritos!)
- Salsa.
- Riz'anch!

:up:

UHATEIT
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
I'll get all types, so feel free to go wild. My recommendations would be...
- French Onion
- Guac.
- Bean Dip (God it's so good with Fritos!)
- Salsa.
- Riz'anch!

:up:
Ju7st checking out right now. I got ranch, hot salsa, and queso. Just 3 jars total not sure how many to get but every little bit helps.

Sean
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Wish I could have made it out there this weekend. Have fun!

vort3xr6
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
I will roll by after Empire flooring gets done with their carpet estimate at 1:00.

~Barn~
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Who's bringing lettuce, tomato, pickles, and cheese for the burgers?
Bacon?
Pop?

Start stepping up, folks... Don't just leave it up to us Liberals! :p

mdub
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
What are the odds of you bringing some of those ribs like you made that one day?

Not this time brotha....

you making korean short ribs Mdub

no...the one's that Bandon are talking about are just regular pig ribs....no special creamsomeyunguy sausce on them....

THoward
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
I will make some potato salad and one of our coaches brought me a beef brisket just for the cook out.

ChangBang
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:43 PM
I'll try to bring some cookies if I'm able to make it.

~Barn~
Fri Aug 3rd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Bump it!

Jmetz
Fri Aug 3rd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Headed to the hills. Y'all have fun!

Spiderman
Fri Aug 3rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
=PSure thing... we'll do that next year.

Dang... I guess you're right. :lol: I was concentrating on the updates to P1, instead of the postings.Sorry, I was camping with my daughter. I just updated the first post.

Has anyone attended the festival that's going on there the same day? Wondering if we are going to have parking issues because of it. :dunno:No, and probably.

i'll bring red plastic beverage containers.Like Barn said, I'm bringing them.

sprtbkbabe
Fri Aug 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
I'm bringing cupcakes. If I zip-tie them just right, they may not ALL slip off of the RSVR's tank

Headed to the hills. Y'all have fun!

You're headed up to this, huh?

http://www.keystonefestivals.com/index.php/bluegrassbeer/

I
HOW
YOU
DRINK, er...THINK :cheers:

FZRguy
Fri Aug 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
No, and probably.

Yeah, parking might be tight. I'm being creative and transporting 8 lbs. of baked beans in a backpack so I can ride the sumo. She parks anywhere.

Concabar
Fri Aug 3rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Will try to stop by

deadline
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 02:16 AM
if I come, I will bring a hookah...

Concabar
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I'll bring some k soopers Mac salad and slaw

SirMikens
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Bringing BBQ Meat Balls and something to Drink.

Matty
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
will try and stop by on my way home..

~Barn~
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hell yeah! Nice to see all the 11th hour posts, it's going to be a great day for a Q!

if I come, I will bring a hookah...

What exactly is going to get loaded in this hookah?

Ghosty
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 11:39 AM
High 80's and Less than 2% chance of precip. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/woot.gif

Might be looking at a bike for a buddy, will try to roll down after.

Jason ON
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Leaving now. On the bike. Will stop and grab sodas or chips or something on the way. If you need anything specific (ketchup, mustard, mayo or whatnot) Bob has my number. Shoot me a message and I'll get it when I get to the store.

big53lee
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Good times. Great to see u guys, ans some of the families.

It sure did get windy after Sasha left. Lol

BC14
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Had a good time at the picnic. Thanks to all for putting it on :)

~Barn~
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Good to see everybody!

mdub
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Lee, those two sm cans of margaritas slosh'd me up. Got home all I wanted to do was sleep. And BBQ was Grt. Hmmm the brisket was tastee thanks.

Ezzzzy1
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Glad I got to sneak away for a bit and stop by! Good group of folks the csc is!

Thanks Bob for all the legwork that went into everything!

Matty
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM
nice turnout... thanx Bob.

DolphinRider
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Bringing BBQ Meat Balls and something to Drink.

And those Meatballs were Awesome :o) Thank You

DolphinRider
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 09:17 PM
THANK YOU SPIDERMAN BOB, LOL ,,,,,, ;) It was great to see everyone but once again :) hope to be riding very soon :)

UHATEIT
Sat Aug 4th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Great bbq! I stayed maybe 2 hours total but I didn't get around and talk a whole ton but still met some nice people while there. Great turnout and great food everyone!

SirMikens
Sun Aug 5th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Sweet BBQ. Nice for the group to get together; great weather too. Thanks for the Keg Spidy. Glad you all like the Meatballs I brought; special custom sauce!

psyclone
Sun Aug 5th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks for a most-excellent BBQ! Enjoyed meeting friendly folks with my pal UHATEIT. Those tiny canned margaritas sure pack a punch, made for an interesting ride home.

AOK303
Sun Aug 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM
im mad didnt get to go this year stupid work but heard everyone had fun ill just have to wait for Alternating day so it will be sunday... Oi

WolFeYeZ
Sun Aug 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM
That was a great day guys. Thanks Bob and Performace Cycle!

SaShWhO
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 10:56 AM
thank you bob.

maktastik_jr.
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Bummed i couldnt come because of work! wanted to meet some of you guys in person!

Stuart Little
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks Again Bob!

Spiderman
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks everybody for coming! :cheers:

One-ops
Tue May 6th, 2014, 10:22 AM
BBQ this year???!!!!!
Rudys ???!!!
Ppir maybe !!!

One-ops