PDA

View Full Version : P2P is jacked

Mother Goose
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I'm putting this in Canyon Conditions too, but not too many people look in there.

P2P is jacked from Coal Creek all the way to Nederland. They put oil down, then an ass load of gravel on top to let the cars do all the work for them. Cat and I rode it last night and we were going about 20-30 the whole way from Coal Creek to Nederland. One you get through Nederland, it starts up again further towards hwy 7. Just an FYI if anyone is planning to make the trip.

I'll have video up in the next couple days.

grim
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:24 AM
So just more screwed up that it already was?

Jmetz
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
While we're at it 7 to Estes is all fresh gravel and oil as well.

Ted
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I'm putting this in Canyon Conditions too, but not too many people look in there.

P2P is jacked from Coal Creek all the way to Nederland. They put oil down, then an ass load of gravel on top to let the cars do all the work for them. Cat and I rode it last night and we were going about 20-30 the whole way from Coal Creek to Nederland. One you get through Nederland, it starts up again further towards hwy 7. Just an FYI if anyone is planning to make the trip.

I'll have video up in the next couple days.

About how many miles (past Ned towards 7) would you estimate is messed up ? Does it go as far as p2p and lefthand ?

Sully
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Rode this last weekend, got pelted by gravel (chip seal) from Ned to Hwy 7.. sonofa :rant:.. :( that sh*t hurt!... I don't remember how far it went towards Hwy 7 tho, sorry.. Tires still stuck well enough. Not sure how the road paving has progressed at this point or when it will be finished. I'm guessing stay tuned for Goose's video?

Mother Goose
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 11:41 AM
About how many miles (past Ned towards 7) would you estimate is messed up ? Does it go as far as p2p and lefthand ?
I can't remember exactly where it starts, but if I remember right, it's just before where everyone stops at that overlook when the leaves change, just past the little pond. It continues all the way to the top of 7. It gets better, but still a little sketchy when you get into Ward.

sfarson
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Yes, messed up. Rode it the entire length today. Segments of loose chip from Coal Creek to Nederland to Ward to CO 7, and part of the way to Estes. Plus, had to endure one lane waits. The P2P did need work, especially north of Nederland, but too bad it was cheapo chip seal versus the sweet pavement south of Coal Creek. Probably won't be until next year that it is bedded down enough.

Zviffer
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 01:09 AM
... cheapo chip seal ...

Sadly, many miles of wonderful twisties were lost to this shite in the Pacific Northwest. Now I see it gaining a foothold here too. The conspiracy theorist part of me thinks it's purposely being used to keep sportbikes away. :lol:

dirkterrell
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 08:29 AM
The conspiracy theorist part of me thinks it's purposely being used to keep sportbikes away. :lol:

It's a cost decision, although it does have some advantages in certains situations (e.g., it greatly reduces issues with black ice in the winter). But it costs about half what it does to lay down fresh asphalt and that's why it's done. Enjoy the east side of Hwy 7 while you can.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:45 AM
The P2P has been chip-sealed many times before. One winter and you won't notice a thing. Go ride another road :roll:

biikChiQ
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 02:18 PM
anyone know of recent update for this?

Ted
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 03:06 PM
The P2P has been chip-sealed many times before. One winter and you won't notice a thing. Go ride another road :roll:

Yep..

I am sure 7 from p2p into lyons is still 12 miles of AWESOME ... and one can go back up, and down, and then back up again, and down, and up and down until further notice... especially if you live in the great city of Boulder

mdub
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 03:58 PM
Officer Robinson must be on vacation

sciroccojoe
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 05:22 PM
Yep..

I am sure 7 from p2p into lyons is still 12 miles of AWESOME ... and one can go back up, and down, and then back up again, and down, and up and down until further notice... especially if you live in the great city of Boulder

just did this stretch of 7 and besides the traffic still VERY awesome :)