PDA

View Full Version : weird legal situation need suggestions

big53lee
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:15 PM
first off im typing alot of stuff here with my left hand right now so jmetz, lay off the missed spelling comments! lol

So Saturday night at a certain club in denver, i was talked onto trying this punching game. in between the game and the wall were two chrome stantions, those velvet red rope post thingys at banks and movie theaters. So i swung, fallowed threw with my right hand and smack, hand meets ball on top of post. Shattered my #2 metacarple bone on my throttle hand, and new it INSTANTLY! so, everyone we were with told me to go to the ER, but it was my big brothers last night in town, so refused to go. i told a bouncer, he didnt care. i asked a bartender for a bag of ice, he hooked it up. then the girl bartender asked me what happend, i told her. she grabbed bar manager. he told me he was real sorry. gave me his buisiness card, and the GM's card. he then told me he was'nt sure, but he thinks they could cover med bills. but get a hold of the GM. next day go to ER, x-rays, CT scans, Hand Doctors appointments, and here it is Thursday, and i go in for surgery on Monday. cast for 3 months. I was supposed to do a $6800 privacy fence job this week, but had to give it to my bro in-law. i lost out! i still have work, and just hired a guy. ill be directing for the next few months. please keep the work coming guys n gals.

Serious suggestions please. what should i do about the club situation or how should i approach club management?

VFR
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:27 PM
With integrity-Tell them it was your fault from messing around and that their facility and its staff had nothing to do with causing the injury,

Bueller
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I don't understand why they would even think about covering you on their insurance for that kind of an incident. Insurance is not cheap and claims will only make their premiums higher. Maybe I am not understanding what happened but it does not sound like they are liable.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:36 PM
So, sorry to hear it, but, you were drunk, took a swing at something, overshot the target, broke your hand.....and you want someone else to pay for it all? Lemme know how well that works out for ya. ;)

big53lee
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM
i am only asking because of what bar manager told me. Ive never sued anyone or tried to get $ in any way. i should have elaborated a little more on how i see this all. because all i did was sum up the sequence of events of the night. i did have a few drinks. and i played the game. no one made me. im not trying to blame anyone. i was asking because the bar manager said that about med bills. So i do apologize if i came across like i was looking to sue someone. i am a man and i take responsibility for what i did.

big53lee
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I don't understand why they would even think about covering you on their insurance for that kind of an incident. Insurance is not cheap and claims will only make their premiums higher. Maybe I am not understanding what happened but it does not sound like they are liable.

thats exactly what i thought.....i'm pretty sure the only reason was because those rope poles were being stored right next to machine.

big53lee
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:52 PM
With integrity-Tell them it was your fault from messing around and that their facility and its staff had nothing to do with causing the injury,

That is what i was saying. 2 people agreed with us and like 8 others pretty much are like go after em!!!!

But for what?

#1Townie
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Call them. Its why they gave you the numbers.

Buuuuuut if they are smart they wont give you shit. They will deny all account of talking to you. If they admit to anything it will open up the door for a court date.

big53lee
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:54 PM
first off im typing alot of stuff here with my left hand right now so jmetz, lay off the missed spelling comments! lol

So Saturday night at a certain club in denver, i was talked onto trying this punching game. in between the game and the wall were two chrome stantions, those velvet red rope post thingys at banks and movie theaters. So i swung, fallowed threw with my right hand and smack, hand meets ball on top of post. Shattered my #2 metacarple bone on my throttle hand, and new it INSTANTLY! so, everyone we were with told me to go to the ER, but it was my big brothers last night in town, so refused to go. i told a bouncer, he didnt care. i asked a bartender for a bag of ice, he hooked it up. then the girl bartender asked me what happend, i told her. she grabbed bar manager. he told me he was real sorry. gave me his buisiness card, and the GM's card. he then told me he was'nt sure, but he thinks they could cover med bills. but get a hold of the GM. next day go to ER, x-rays, CT scans, Hand Doctors appointments, and here it is Thursday, and i go in for surgery on Monday. cast for 3 months. I was supposed to do a $6800 privacy fence job this week, but had to give it to my bro in-law. i lost out! i still have work, and just hired a guy. ill be directing for the next few months. please keep the work coming guys n gals.

Serious suggestions please. what should i do about the club situation or how should i approach club management?

it does sound like im huntin. lol but seriously not.

big53lee
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Call them. Its why they gave you the numbers.

Buuuuuut if they are smart they wont give you shit. They will deny all account of talking to you. If they admit to anything it will open up the door for a court date.

one thought i had was just to call them or send an email that updated them on what happened to me. and what ever they offered i'd take. im not out to take any one. but apparently it doesnt work like that. haha

#1Townie
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM
http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111764

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM
WTF is a "punching game?"

#1Townie
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:03 PM
one thought i had was just to call them or send an email that updated them on what happened to me. and what ever they offered i'd take. im not out to take any one. but apparently it doesnt work like that. haha

Yeah its just everyone is scared to be the next you made my kid fat story on cnn. Lol

#1Townie
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:07 PM

It is supposed to clock how hard you can hit. But its flawed beyond anyones imagination. If you hit it from up to down just right you can clock some numbers that would make super man jelous. Lol

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM

never mind, found it.

guess it'll be like lawn darts soon enough

#1Townie
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Its actually been out for like ten years. Played it in reno back before i was old enough to drink.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Poke around Google. No way are you the first person to jack your hand/arm up on one of these....

VFR
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Now that i have a clearer view of what happen...The game itself may have a disclaimer...Check the internet, they could be liable if the game says something like do not place within blah blah feet of any object

Samko
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:49 PM

effin Lee...
hahahahah Punching game hahahah I was like Why da fak would anyone play punching game with you !!! :banghead:

grim
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:54 PM
effin Lee...
hahahahah Punching game hahahah I was like Why da fak would anyone play punching game with you !!! :banghead:

Probobly for the same reason nobody reads your posts, they're stupid.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Poke around Google. No way are you the first person to jack your hand/arm up on one of these....

imagine that

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111764

mxer
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:23 PM
After clearing up what the punching game is and it's an actual machine at the bar and not you punching your friends, then sure contact them. It could be a business related injury.

Schiff32
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM
If they were negligent in storing those polls there they could be liable for damages. Maybe that's why they offer to pay medical bills or could be cheaper than a potential court case. Sounds like a case of drunkenness, but doesn't hurt to call them.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 09:16 PM
imagine that

You click on Townies links? :lol:

:shock:

#1Townie
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I know right?? I dont even click on my links.

birchyboy
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Tobie Keith's bar?

Samko
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 10:37 PM

Wow Grim what the F got into you ?:shocked:

Plus, most of my post are just RANTS, if you do't like it don't read it ! Or would you like to take this to the track !?

Samko
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Tobie Keith's bar?
Tobie Keith's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me like !!!!!!!!!!:drink::siesta::siesta:

modette99
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Its actually been out for like ten years. Played it in reno back before i was old enough to drink.

I played it in Austria in 91 to 95...bad part was when the bag wears out, you can actually hurt your fist on the bolts inside the bag (although I'm sure your suppose to replace them every so often). I'm surprised they would even have those here...to me that be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

A lawyer would say, due to them having the game they are responsible for making sure there is an area around the game that is safe. It's enviable that someone drunk (bar setting) will miss, thus why were poles stored next to such a game!!! So shame on the bar for that.

I think the bar is partially responsible for having an improper "SAFE" area to play the game.

Oh and I don't believe in suing but the bar/club made a very bad choice in storing stuff next to such a game, and probably for even having such a silly game that people that are inebriated could get hurt on and sue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGI7VmsTle4

modette99
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:07 AM
If they were negligent in storing those polls there they could be liable for damages. Maybe that's why they offer to pay medical bills or could be cheaper than a potential court case. Sounds like a case of drunkenness, but doesn't hurt to call them.

I would go there first and see if the poles are still being stored there before talking to them. If so take pictures of the area to show. Then ask for the GM and talk to them, point out the area of concern, and show the pictures. Chances are if they are still storing shit too close and know you have pictures and your just being responsible with the bill (show your medical bills) then they might just cut you a check (even more so then filing with their insurance). However their insurance is an option, and with the pictures (again assuming they store the poles there) they will probably pay.

If all your asking in medical...let them know your willing to sign away rights to sue if they cover the medical.

I`m Batman
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
So... what was your score on that punching game? :D

big53lee
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 12:48 PM
So... what was your score on that punching game? :D

that was the last thing i was concerned about at the time.....i didnt even see what i scored, then later i was wondering what i did for a score, but no one i was with saw ..........