PDA

View Full Version : Wife asked for FB pwd. What do you think?

I`m Batman
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 02:32 PM
So my wife asked me for my FB password because of some radio show said so (because some people use it for bad things/cheating)... I gave it to her, I have nothing to hide. But I am mad that she had to ask like I'm hiding something and don't trust me. Should I be mad? What do you guys think? I would never ask her that because I have no reason to...

... drama, I know.

mdub
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 02:35 PM
no...you should not be mad. so what ??? Petty. it is marriage....I don't have a FB acct...all i need is the csc....haha...

Snowman
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Well it depends, did you give her the password to your respectable Facebook page that you show employers and family, or that "other" one...

Keyser Soze
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't be mad, Metha. You got nothing to hide, maybe she just needed some reassurance. Teh wimenz need that from time to time.

Ghosty
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I'd be pissed, but only mildly. Tell her to quit taking advice from the multitude of MORONS that pollute the airwaves on radio. Also, might wanna see if she completely trusts you, or for some reason she obviously is curious or distrusting, who knows.

Also, what faggot radio DJ is telling their viewers they need to get the FB pass from their spouses?

Jmetz
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 02:50 PM
More reasons I enjoy being single. :D

grim
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't be my wife has my FB password and i have hers, granted i only have 30 friends on my FB i have nothin to hide.

I`m Batman
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM
OK, fine. I guess I won't be mad then. But I still think it's stupid...

Thanks for the input guys!

vort3xr6
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Ask for hers, then post some funny shit on there.

Bueller
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM
:lol: @ her wanting it.
:lol: @ you being upset about it.

Trust...It is what a good marriage is.

grim
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM
:lol: @ her wanting it.
:lol: @ you being upset about it.

Trust...It is what a good marriage is.

:up: :up: :up:

YUP!!!

asp_125
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:15 PM
We have most of the same friends. :dunno: She sees what I see and each other's posts.

I`m Batman
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:17 PM
We have most of the same friends. :dunno: She sees what I see and each other's posts.
Exactly... not sure what she's expecting to see...

Ted
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM
lols.... I wouldn't surrender the password. If (pick any generic female name) really insists, and wouldn't let go, i might log in and have her take a look for 40mins.

I personally never disclose my password(s) to anyone. Anyone wanting it must acquire it by some other means....

Full Disclosure: I am not (and never have been) married

Matt
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:23 PM

Same here. But we both still know each others passwords.

vort3xr6
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I told my wife next year for April fools I am changing my relationship status from Married to Single. She thought it would be hilarious.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:33 PM
i have a FB but rarely get on it. my wife doesn't, she asked me for my pw the other day and i gave it to her. She immediately goes to my friends and starts asking who these girls were (i don't have many, mostly work friends or famliy)? Then a few days later she comes at me and says, why doesn't your status say married, it just says nothing. So i immediatly jump on and show her where it says married. I'm going to be deactivating my FB account this weekend...it's such a stupid thing anyways. But i don't need any drama for something i never use.

vort3xr6
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:37 PM
My wife and I still keep separate bank accounts, separate credit cards, and we never ask to see each others personal stuff. I trust her completely and she trusts me completely.

Ghosty
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:40 PM
My wife and I still keep separate bank accounts, separate credit cards, and we never ask to see each others personal stuff. I trust her completely and she trusts me completely.
Now THAT'S the type of relationship I'd love to be in. :)

grim
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:50 PM

Meh

We share an account we know all of our passwords to everything, we still trust each other completely we don't go prying into each others crap but if she wants me to message one of her friends for her or vice versa we can.

she does not know about my bank account in the kayman islands though muuuahaahshahahahahaha

VFR
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Same.....It's the bestest

Matrix
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I would give it to her...But I would make her make me a sandwich first. :) If she doesn't make it, then she must not have really wanted the password in the first place. Win Win.

Titus
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 04:02 PM
http://memesly.com/media/created/751v69.jpg

Zanatos
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I'd be a lot more worried about Craigslist than Facebook.

Matty
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Wifey has my passwords and we share accounts. No secrets or anything to hide.

Sparker
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I would simply ask why. Turn it back on her and get to the bottom of WHY she wanted/needed it. Because of a radio show or a worry. I would have nothing to hide as well but I would get to the bottom of WHY she wanted/needed it.

Ghosty
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Same.....It's the bestest
Well as long as the family has all the other shit figured out as well. Like how you jointly pay for everything incl. mortgage/rent, bills, food, clothing, kids stuff, etc. Especially when the wife doesn't work, but takes care of kids, house, etc. In other words her account would empty unless you give her an allowance.

Sparker
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Now THAT'S the type of relationship I'd love to be in. :)

Thats what I have with my wife. Money ruins so much crap. we split bills. we split meals, etc. I do make about 3 times as much as she does so i pay for quite a bit more but she makes up for it by doing laundry every weekend and other household chores. Im the cook so it evens out but the key is to not keep score. she encourages me to buy nice stuff for myself and i get her nice things too, like a new 5DMIII.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mine hacked in, read all my private messages, and started an argument that lasted weeks. I was totally innocent and everything I had typed were the same things I would say to any female that was a regular friend.

Anyway, I beefed up security. And sadly, if I die, she will not have access to important info on my computer. Her loss. All she had to do was trust me and I would have left the pw she knew.

CaneZach
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I've had exes who kept demanding to know who every single female friend was. It got pretty tiring and insulting having to keep explaining who this female or that female was. The insecurities some women have boggles my mind at times. Yes, I have female friends on FB. Yes, I have female friends in real life. Yes, some of them are very attractive. No, I haven't slept with them. Now that we've established that, can we please drop the insecure BS?

grim
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I've had exes who kept demanding to know who every single female friend was. It got pretty tiring and insulting having to keep explaining who this female or that female was. The insecurities some women have boggles my mind at times. Yes, I have female friends on FB. Yes, I have female friends in real life. Yes, some of them are very attractive. No, I haven't slept with them. Now that we've established that, can we please drop the insecure BS?

No because women can be crazy :lol:

Monster
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM
If you have nothing to hide then I guess there is no problem with giving it to her but if you don't then she will end up going crazy on you and that's not worth the drama. A good marriage is all about trust and communication.

Nooch
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Also, what faggot radio DJ is telling their viewers they need to get the FB pass from their spouses?

^ this

Nooch
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM
More reasons I enjoy being single. :D

^ also this :doublefinger:

Ghosty
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 06:14 PM
+1

I would never date any broad that actually gave too much of a shit about that. I've had many female close friends, even some best friends of both sexes, and I've been flirty with girls my whole life. That aint gonna change. I don't mean touchy-feely shit or anything over the top, but hugs and flirty jokes shouldn't be completely banned after you get married. And yes my Facebook is full of them.

If I married someone like that, it wouldn't last long because my platonic girlfriends are NOT going away, and I'm not giving them up. My FB ones alone would probably drive her crazy. That's a maturity (and self-esteem) issue on my (future) gf/wife's end, NOT MY PROBLEM, imo.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
In my case, she doesn't care about exes or anything. She just has an issue with one person(whom I have not dated)... so just avoid issues by locking it down and life is gravy. She also doesn't care about my chatting with women irl. Just not allowed to "have sex" which has been debated as to where it crosses the line. ;)

But, no, I'm not ever giving out my new password.

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I don't think I would have any problems as I don't FB what so ever!!

If I did & she came asking... I would politely drill into the "why". Then I would politely ask for hers. If she gave me hers first I would have no problems reciprocating!!

Of course she could be some crazy bitch & that would TOTALLY change my thinking!!

I`m Batman
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:24 PM
The wiemens are crazy... All of them are... one way or another.
Of course I asked for the pwd too. Hmmm what should I do???? Muuuaahahahaha.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Fuck fagbook. Not like she asked for your CSC login.

I`m Batman
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:27 PM
LOL. I might have to close my FB account because of drama. But that's the only way I keep in touch with my old high school friends.

kingtut
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM
The wiemens are crazy... All of them are... one way or another.
Of course I asked for the pwd too. Hmmm what should I do???? Muuuaahahahaha.

Perhaps she's reading this thread right now:boobies:

I`m Batman
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Good. I hope so. So she can see both sides.

3point5
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:45 PM
First off - I hate facebook - I cancelled my account because it's too big of a professional liability. I think facebook will be the next myspace, it's just taking a little longer…they weed-out creeps better.

If I was in your shoes I would not have given it to her. Today it's a password, tomorrow it's your (fill in the blank), next week it's the (fill in the blank)...

kingtut
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Good. I hope so. So she can see both sides.

True. But you already provided your password and have nothing to hide. (You obviously passed her "radio test") so she should be happy and not bug you about it anymore.

To answer your original query, I wouldn't be mad. I would however get upset if she began abusing her pwd privileges...checking your FB page frequently. But like you said, you have the same friends, so that doesn't seem plausible.

Life's too short to be angry. Might as well ask her for some (ahem) 'favors' as reward for being such an upstanding/loyal husband.

buzzardman36
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 10:24 AM
I recon if you're not prepaired to share everything... don't be married. Here's to good mental health! Happily divorced since 2001:)

bluedogok
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM

No because women can be crazy :lol:
It isn't just women, it is much more related to personality than it is to gender, in general people are crazy. There are guys out there who are just as insanely jealous as there are women. They tend to oppress their women and try to fight any guy that might get the attention of "their" woman. Neither are usually worth the time or effort required to pacify them.

Ted
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 03:14 PM
It isn't just women, it is much more related to personality than it is to gender, in general people are crazy. There are guys out there who are just as insanely jealous as there are women. They tend to oppress their women and try to fight any guy that might get the attention of "their" woman. Neither are usually worth the time or effort required to pacify them.

I hear most men at METS home games are this way !

CaneZach
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 04:02 PM

I agree, but I have no experience in dating men, so my post was strictly about women. I'm sure there are guys out there who are controlling, insecure, whatever.

bluedogok
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM
I hear most men at METS home games are this way !
Wouldn't know about that, all I remember from a game at Shea was a vendor yelling "HAAAAT DAAAAAAWGS" in a very raspy voice....all game long.

I agree, but I have no experience in dating men, so my post was strictly about women. I'm sure there are guys out there who are controlling, insecure, whatever.
Never dated a man either, just knew a few who were like that as friends and as boyfriends of girls that I knew.

VFR
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 06:32 PM
Well as long as the family has all the other shit figured out as well. Like how you jointly pay for everything incl. mortgage/rent, bills, food, clothing, kids stuff, etc. Especially when the wife doesn't work, but takes care of kids, house, etc. In other words her account would empty unless you give her an allowance.

Me:
Military E-7 (60K+ a yr)
Pay mortgage and home/vehicle insurance and any bills I have (credit cards and auto) own bank account

Wife:
Nurse (65K+ a yr)
Pays utilities, entertainment/vacations, food, kids stuff, and motorcycle loans and any bills she have (credit cards) own bank account

No joint accounts

Works out perfect...............