PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning Company?

kingtut
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Looking for an affordable place, w/o having 'Billy' show up in a '85 van (that belongs down by the river).

Here's the catch: It's a 3rd floor condo with no water hook-up outside/ground level.

birchyboy
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:16 AM
We've used Zerorez for the past couple of years. All new equipment, self contained, etc. They always have specials too, like 3 rooms for $119 or something.

kingtut
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
We've used Zerorez for the past couple of years. All new equipment, self contained, etc. They always have specials too, like 3 rooms for $119 or something.

Thanks. They were one of the first people I called (I hear their ads on the radio all the time).

They seemed to nickel and dime...

$310 base
$25 addt'l for any walk-in closet
[starting at] $45 for "subsurface stains"

dm_gsxr
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Do it yourself? I rented a shampooer from the local place and did the carpets myself. Right now the ones in the house are pretty ratty so I'm not too concerned about it but once I replace the carpets, I'll want to get them cleaned.

Carl

kingtut
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Do it yourself? I rented a shampooer from the local place and did the carpets myself. Right now the ones in the house are pretty ratty so I'm not too concerned about it but once I replace the carpets, I'll want to get them cleaned.

Carl

Yeah, I've thought about that...and aren't afraid to tackle that myself (done it before many a-time).

I was hoping for a more 'industrial' cleansing. The carpet was practically new a year or so ago, but sadly endured a year's worth of soda/kids/who-knows-what-else:scream1:

50sGrl
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Liberty Carpet Cleaning has done a great job for me twice at a very reasonable price. Found them on Angies's List, where they get very good reviews.

kingtut
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Liberty Carpet Cleaning has done a great job for me twice at a very reasonable price. Found them on Angies's List, where they get very good reviews.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Seems like the common thread is.... people have truck mount units (which normally is fine) - but they need to hook up to a water line. For one, I don't have a spigot and two, truck mounts (apparently) don't like the hose going up 30' to a 3rd floor.

I figured apartments/condos have always had carpet that needed [deep] cleaning. Not sure why most companies act like I'm throwing a curve ball at them?

Jmetz
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
My Brother used Steam King with good results. They made a very trashed carpet look almost new. I was pretty impressed.

303-400-1207

kingtut
Thu Aug 2nd, 2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks metz, I'll look into them as well...