PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a new truck on Friday

Wrider
Sun Aug 5th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Took advantage of an advertising mistake (5K under book, 3K under "supposed to be advertised" price) and ended up with a 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, V8, 4x4, Limited.

The truck has every option for that year except for the TRD suspension and the backup camera. 94K miles. Not sure if the timing belt has been done or not already. Was due at 90K so I'll be working on doing that.

Here's the first pic. I cleaned it and clay barred it after that, then went shooting/4wheeling today and got it nice and muddy again haha.

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/Wrider/Cars/527254_10100607987445273_657057046_n.jpg

Ghosty
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Congrats Ryan, nice. Sounds like a killer deal. And you know on a Toyota, 100k is just the break-in miles, lol. Any plans for wheels/suspension, or keeping it stock for now?

madvlad
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Nice move man, those trucks are shweeeat!

Slo
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Very nice!!! Thanks again for the tundra talk recommendation, it's been extremely usefull.

Sully
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Nice! Congrats :) Toyota's last fuhevvaa!

Wrider
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys. Planning on Toytec 3/1 kit. It adds an inch in the rear by adding a leaf, and raises the front 3 inches to level it out, then putting Bilstein 5100s on it.
After that I'm thinking airbag rear suspension.
As far as wheels/tires, I'll probably plastidip the wheels and I got a very good deal on stock size tires so I'll be leaving that stock for now.
Then definitely a spray in bedliner.
Sub (10" maybe) in the rear because the JBL audio system absolutely sucks in that department.

As for the topper, that'll be coming off, but I'll keep it for hunting and such.

Backup camera because that topper stops about 5 inches over the top of the tailgate and makes it hard to see when backing up, plus the factory GPS is already wired to work with it. Maybe throwing another on the front end just for the hell of it.