PDA

View Full Version : KIA Sux... They Really Really Sux

Dietrich_R1
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Purchased a P.O.S. 2011 Kia Forte back in March of 2011.

My air will intermitently not turn on. I will turn the knob back & forth, over & over... It usually takes 10 minutes of such & then will start working if I'm lucky. Sometimes the air will delay 10 seconds to turn on. This is very random.

I have taken it to a few dealers & they tell me that they won't be able to duplicate it, & hence it won't be covered by warranty. All times it started to work when I was able to bring it in. Last time the idiot just sat there with his hand on the air doing nothing telling me this. Of course this is after me driving around all day w/out any air conditioning in 110 degree weather!!

Any ideas on how to get this fixed???????

I'm even willing do some anti-Kia marketing on the internet for them? My idea next time this happens is to make a video on how good this vehicle is & post it on Youtube???

D

maktastik_jr.
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 12:49 PM
http://www.spareroom.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/hoon_footage.jpg

theres my .02

laspariahs
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM
So they won't even check to see, they just tell you they won't be able to duplicate it with out even trying to? That's insane..... The youtube video might be a good place to start, and then take that video to a dealer and show it to them, see what they say then.

madvlad
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM
A lot of dealers will just yell you they can't duplicate cause warranty claims pay shit and they're a hassle... keep bugging them, hell contact corporate directly and bitch to the point they'll give you a new car

mdub
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 01:56 PM
kia the new daewoo.

salsashark
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Get a thermostat, stick it in the vent and video tape it not cooling off. Take it to the service manager and escalate until you get your car fixed.

My dad ended up going all the way to some VP of Land Rover with my mom's Freelander problems. When all was said and done, they got over the "we can't reproduce" the problems and got it fixed.

kalibra
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 02:09 PM
A lot of dealers will just yell you they can't duplicate cause warranty claims pay shit and they're a hassle... keep bugging them, hell contact corporate directly and bitch to the point they'll give you a new car.
Hopefully they'll give him a new "car" instead of a new KIA. KIA is not a car.It's a device for people who cannot afford a car.

grim
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Hopefully they'll give him a new "car" instead of a new KIA. KIA is not a car.It's a device for people who cannot afford a car.

:lol:

I am taking this because it's hilarious!

brennahm
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
So you bring the dealers a car. When they see it the AC works just fine. WTH do you want them to do? I'm sensing a little case of I-get-angry-before-I-even-get-to-the-dealer-and-act-like-an-asshole-itis.

kalibra
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM
:lol:

I am taking this because it's hilarious!
Do with it as you will.I approved this message.

Ghosty
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah, escalate to mgmt, then the owner of that dealership. Tell them this is ridiculous, you're not insane and making up shit in your head. If they still dick you around, and the A/C is still crappy, start talking to corporate.

THIS IS COMPLETELY ABSURD ON A NEAR-NEW CAR!

Dietrich_R1
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM
So you bring the dealers a car. When they see it the AC works just fine. WTH do you want them to do? I'm sensing a little case of I-get-angry-before-I-even-get-to-the-dealer-and-act-like-an-asshole-itis.

When you are told over & over that they won't be able to replicate the problem... would you give them your car ? I would then have to pay for a rental, because warranty won't cover something not broken. They have already made their minds up. This also seems to be a very "common" problem talking with others.

You drive around Phoenix in the summer time w/ out air or airconditioning for a day... let's see how "happy" you are.. HA!!!

Ghosty
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Ask on a national Kia forum (I'm just assuming there might be one). What do those users say they've done with their same Forte A/C issues?

Ghost
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
A lot of dealers will just yell you they can't duplicate cause warranty claims pay shit and they're a hassle... keep bugging them, hell contact corporate directly and bitch to the point they'll give you a new car

Contact Corporate Kia directly:
Consumer Assistance Center
800 - 333 - 4KIA (4542)

http://ksupport.kiausa.com/ConsumerAffairs/PortalJSP/Portal.jsp

Dealerships don't care because it is a waste of their time and money, from what I've heard, Kia has some of the worst customer support in the industry, but still, start there and see what they say, then go to a different dealership and see if they can find anything.

Sleev
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 04:29 PM
"Peak Kia, It's a bad idea"

Long story but someone who worked for me had major engine issues with a new Kia. Took them months and months to actually do anything. They're a horrible company and I tell anyone thinking about buying one to run away.

madvlad
Tue Aug 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Contact Corporate Kia directly:
Consumer Assistance Center
800 - 333 - 4KIA (4542)

http://ksupport.kiausa.com/ConsumerAffairs/PortalJSP/Portal.jsp

Dealerships don't care because it is a waste of their time and money, from what I've heard, Kia has some of the worst customer support in the industry, but still, start there and see what they say, then go to a different dealership and see if they can find anything.

Yep reason why I love Infiniti. They will warranty almost anything that the customer complains about (within reason) and we verify it, hell even a lot of this stuff we just replace to avoid more problems and please the customer. 4/60,000 bumper to bumper technically for the exception of batteries and wipers lol... Sure hope they can figure something out about this car cause man that is messed up and I guarantee you is something simple to fix but well as I said warranty times pay shit and all the paperwork no one wants to deal with it lol