PDA

View Full Version : Doing Superstreet @ HPR on the 25th...

madvlad
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Have a few questions:

I have a Suomy Apex cool that I bought last year, build date is July of 2010. I only see a DOT sticker, is this helmet good for tech standards? If not what brand/models are? Also wondering if anyone here wouldn't mind letting me borrow some of the gear I need to participate. I'm in need of size 42 leathers (I'm 5'6 -160lbs roughly), gauntlet gloves and back protector. I had all this gear but had to sell my R1 and some gear about a month ago due to family economic problems. I will pay for damages to the gear if any done by my use *knock on wood* lol. Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

asp_125
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Damir, I have gloves and an A* back protector that'll fit you. Can't help with the suit, not unless you lose 10-12lbs by then. :D

Snowman
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Just a heads up. With the large number of entries in Super Street last race, the MRA board has decided to limit the entries for the next round to 26.

They are doing this for several reasons. Mostly because they had a hard time getting enough good teachers to give you guys some real instruction. Also with 37 racers and 15+ teachers that’s 50+ bikes all practicing at the same time at different closing speeds.

It will be first come, first serve on the preregistration on their website when it opens.
http://www.mra-racing.org/

Of course if there are fewer than 26 Super Street racers by race day, walk ups will still be welcome.

rybo
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 08:48 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47616

Please read the above

tecknojoe
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Damir, come try my leathers on

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Damir, I have gloves and an A* back protector that'll fit you. Can't help with the suit, not unless you lose 10-12lbs by then. :D

Sweet Jefe, thanks a lot man, let me know when I can pick these up from ya!

Just a heads up. With the large number of entries in Super Street last race, the MRA board has decided to limit the entries for the next round to 26.

They are doing this for several reasons. Mostly because they had a hard time getting enough good teachers to give you guys some real instruction. Also with 37 racers and 15+ teachers that’s 50+ bikes all practicing at the same time at different closing speeds.

It will be first come, first serve on the preregistration on their website when it opens.
http://www.mra-racing.org/

Of course if there are fewer than 26 Super Street racers by race day, walk ups will still be welcome.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47616

Please read the above

Saw that on the MRA forums this morning and all, I guess I better sign up ASAP to save my spot if it's not too late already. Thanks!

When can I swing by bro?

Mother Goose
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Didn't everyone tell you to not sell your gear? ;) Can't wait to run out there with you Damir!

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Didn't everyone tell you to not sell your gear? ;) Can't wait to run out there with you Damir!

Well the gear I posted was other gear I didn't sell after the other stuff but yea man looking forward to running with you finally! I'll bring you the spools too since someone can't answer my PM's.... lol

Jmetz
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Taken from an MRA official email:

Effective immediately anyone with the name Damir shall be prohibited from participating in any SuperStreet event.
That is all.

~Barn~
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
No Mexicans either. Sorry Damir.

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Taken from an MRA official email:

No Mexicans either. Sorry Damir.

Tough break, I shall do a Mex B&E den!

Mother Goose
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I'll bring you the spools too since someone can't answer my PM's.... lol
Ohhh yeahhhh.... hehe. Oops. I'll bring yo money!

Sully
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 11:13 AM

ahem,, yeah, what he said! :imwithstupid:

tecknojoe
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Whenever. I'll be around this evening, tommorrw between 3 and 6. Sunday evening. text me yo

and don't crash :lol:

Too bad I won't be doing SS saturday. I wanted to run you down on that R1. What are you riding btw?

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM
ahem,, yeah, what he said! :imwithstupid:

Pay my bills and then I won't have to sell nothing haha

WolFeYeZ
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 11:35 AM

You need to take her on a date first Damir.

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM

Guys like me don't get sugah moms pimp lol... other way around since I'm the nice guy I get shafted lol

Whenever. I'll be around this evening, tommorrw between 3 and 6. Sunday evening. text me yo

and don't crash :lol:

Too bad I won't be doing SS saturday. I wanted to run you down on that R1. What are you riding btw?

I'm off work at 2 so anytime after that works for moi! A fellow racer is letting me borrow two wheels to do this, I'm gonna ask to start last though cause I'm going to be taking it easy but notthe overly easy as I can't crash it so that'll keep me even more focused, just want to get a feel for the track once and for all since the canyons are boring lol

Jmetz
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 12:01 PM

You gotta use finesse man, you can't just kick the door open and blow your wad.

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 12:15 PM
You gotta use finesse man, you can't just kick the door open and blow your wad.

Meh, I get to the point lol

grim
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Guys like me don't get sugah moms pimp lol... other way around since I'm the nice guy I get shafted lol

:roll:

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 12:36 PM
:roll:

Just speaking truth brother, that's all. Not being a dramatic queen or anything thus why I'm single and do what I want haha.... Anyways back on topic, you going out there so I can walk you? haha jk

grim
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Just speaking truth brother, that's all. Not being a dramatic queen or anything thus why I'm single and do what I want haha.... Anyways back on topic, you going out there so I can walk you? haha jk

You prob will walk me since ill be on the 636, im gonna try to make it.

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I keed dude, I'm gonna be a slow one at the track, first time out there.

Sully
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 01:03 PM
:hump: :bananna: It's going to be sooo much fun! :D

Ghost
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 01:10 PM

http://www.wildsoundmovies.com/images/pulp_fiction_gimp.jpg

rybo
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Have a few questions:

I have a Suomy Apex cool that I bought last year, build date is July of 2010. I only see a DOT sticker, is this helmet good for tech standards?

This helmet is perfectly acceptable to the task.

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.wildsoundmovies.com/images/pulp_fiction_gimp.jpg

Roflmao! Oh man I was having a shit day till this went down lol

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 01:40 PM
This helmet is perfectly acceptable to the task.

Thanks Scott, that's good news :D and sorry for the double post

madvlad
Tue Aug 14th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Thanks Jefe for letting me borrow the gloves and back protector. Step closer!