PDA

View Full Version : Effective Immediately - MRA SuperStreet Limited to 26 participants per round!

rybo
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Due to the overwhelming success of our SuperStreet program, we're in the unforseeable position of having to limit the number of participants each weekend.

We have determined that 26 is the number of riders we can effectively teach, train, lead, and finally allow to race at each race event. Round 5 we had 37, which was great from an enthusiasm standpoint, but very difficult to manage.

As SuperStreet is our introduction to roadracing, it is VERY important that the participants get the best possible instruction in the classroom, on-track instruction, and riding time at each event. The best way we can assure this is to limit participation, and the best way YOU can be assurred a spot is to pre-register.

It's easy - go here and sign up: https://www.mra-racing.org/secure/superstreet/

(If you have a voucher from a dealer you won't go online to register BUT, you MUST call Jeff Brown, New Rider Director, and let him know that you're coming...) http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=contact

There are two rounds of SuperStreet left for the 2012 season, Round 6 at High Plains Raceway August 25th, and Round 7 at Pikes Peak Int'l Raceway September 15th.

We are absolutely firm about 26 being the maximum, so walkup's at the track have a strong chance of being turned away... don't let that happen to you - sign up in advance and we'll see you out there!

VryfastRR
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I am happy to hear this. I was out at that last race and for a new racer, 37 riders plus instructors is a lot to handle. I plan on being out at the next race hopefully getting some more continuous laps with less red flags. After that I will see if I want to license up and start racing for real. And I think that is the point of this class.

See you guys out there next round!

BadR6Man
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I can't make the next round due to vacation. I know the intent of this class is attract new members to the club which is great. Yes, I am one of the individuals who has been doing super street since race one that should move up but this is the only opportunity for me to have track time. I still have no desire to get a race license or buy/modify one of my bikes for track only use at this time. So where am i to go? Maybe add another class for advanced super street? 37 riders lasr race and the second biggest grid of the day. was exhausting for the MRA and instructors I know. But the MRA should recognize that us SS riders want to ride and the attendance growing. Not limit us to numbers.

BadR6Man
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I would like to see more track days here in CO but I know the reason why Chicane can't this year due to the no open weekend slots available. Yes, chicane is not part of tje HPR race ownership or however you woant to explain it to have a few days set aside but the new surface at pueblo is awesome. Chicane day at peublo!!!