PDA

View Full Version : Added another sportbike to my stable!

ATL
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Sold my baby...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7274/7749831258_68d06eb58f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7749831258/)
So long SVetlana (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7749831258/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr.

You will be missed dearly.

but to cushion the blow... I may or may not have recently purchased this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8286/7750954062_e4448fdc5c_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7750954062/)
New R6 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7750954062/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7750954238_51b85087f5_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7750954238/)
New R6 2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7750954238/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

I'm sooo excited. This new beast is SHOWROOM clean. :fire::fire::fire:,
-Chris

WolFeYeZ
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Hell yes! That's a sick bike man.

madvlad
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Congrats on the buy man, clean!

ATL
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Hell yes! That's a sick bike man.
Haha, hell ya! I knew you'd have a soft spot for her! :hibye:

Congrats on the buy man, clean!

Many thanks dude!
-Chris

Slo
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 07:32 PM
nice and congrats!!!!

Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 08:05 PM
nice upgrade man

Samko
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 09:35 PM
nice upgrade man
wow 045 post... wtf man where have you been ?:hibye:

~Barn~
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Dude... Nice forward momentum; that bike looks like it was loved! Tuck in the helmet loops and you'll be good to go! =)

I know it's not mine, but if it were, my vanity plates would read...: CANVAS

:up:

ATL
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Dude... Nice forward momentum; that bike looks like it was loved! Tuck in the helmet loops and you'll be good to go! =)

I know it's not mine, but if it were, my vanity plates would read...: CANVAS

:up:
That's what those things are?

My previous bike had steel hooks that I could secure the D ring of my helmet to- thereby locking it to the bike. How is my helmet secured by those loops? Couldn't someone just unclip my noggin-armor and walk away with it, in less than 5 seconds?

Question for WolFeYez... is there a way to SECURE the helmet to the bike that I'm unaware of?
-Chris

Ghost
Thu Aug 9th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I may or may not have recently purchased this:

Hmm, Guess we know who's stealing all the bikes...

~Barn~
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 12:10 AM
It's been since '99 since I've had an R6, so I'm probably wrong about those being for helmets. I looked closer at your pics and I think I see two on each side, so they might actually be for "strapping" considerations. If you take that rear seat off and look underneath, do they look like they fold under&up, and secure themselves onto something, to stay out of the way?

As far as locking a helmet (or 2) down, I think I remember my Yamahas having a hard plastic "hook" on the bottom of the rear seat to secure the D-ring on, and then you just lock the seat back down into place, to secure it/them. I'm guessing you didn't get it with the bike, but if you come across an owner's manual, it will definitely say how in there, and tell you more about those nylon loops.

Ghosty
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Wow, an '03 in that condition, nice! Congrats man, glad you got your other bike sold.

"May or may not have purchased..."? :D

UHATEIT
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Ah man another SV650 gone... But hell if and when I ever decide to upgrade, the R6 in blue is exactly what I want!

Sean
Fri Aug 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Congrats! I miss my 01 R6, it was such an awesome bike! You could ride the snot out of it and it was as reliable as can be. What a fantastic bike!

Here's a couple of things you can do (if you want). After putting 20k on mine, these were the only real improvements I felt worth while:

Performance improvements:
-1/+2 gearing. It really makes the RPM's under 7k useful. Downside is that the front wheel will come up easier. If you do that, think about a speedo-healer too.
- steel braided lines in the front. It makes the front braking much smoother and more consistent.
- skip-on exhaust. Not so much for any added hp or sound, just because the stock one is heavy as shit! I felt like it unbalanced the bike.
- if you plan on riding at night a lot (I used to commute all of the time on the R6) get a HID light or something. The headlights on those are not very good to see, or be seen.

Aesthetic improvements:
- fender eliminator kit to get rid of that big black plastic thing on back.
- New front turn signals that aren't HUGE. Back ones are more valuable to have larger. You don't want to get rear ended, trust me.
- take off the feeler pegs

Realistically, you don't have to do anything to the bike. It's ready to go right now! Enjoy! :up:

As far as locking a helmet (or 2) down, I think I remember my Yamahas having a hard plastic "hook" on the bottom of the rear seat to secure the D-ring on, and then you just lock the seat back down into place, to secure it/them.This.

ATL
Sat Aug 11th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Congrats! I miss my 01 R6, it was such an awesome bike! You could ride the snot out of it and it was as reliable as can be. What a fantastic bike!

Here's a couple of things you can do (if you want). After putting 20k on mine, these were the only real improvements I felt worth while:

Performance improvements:
-1/+2 gearing. It really makes the RPM's under 7k useful. Downside is that the front wheel will come up easier. If you do that, think about a speedo-healer too.
- steel braided lines in the front. It makes the front braking much smoother and more consistent.
- skip-on exhaust. Not so much for any added hp or sound, just because the stock one is heavy as shit! I felt like it unbalanced the bike.
- if you plan on riding at night a lot (I used to commute all of the time on the R6) get a HID light or something. The headlights on those are not very good to see, or be seen.

Aesthetic improvements:
- fender eliminator kit to get rid of that big black plastic thing on back.
- New front turn signals that aren't HUGE. Back ones are more valuable to have larger. You don't want to get rear ended, trust me.
- take off the feeler pegs

Realistically, you don't have to do anything to the bike. It's ready to go right now! Enjoy! :up:

This.

Hell, you just about perfectly outlined my master plans for the bike.

First things first- some new tires are going on, and then likely a rear fender eliminator, then SS- lines, because she really needs it. The braking certainly isn't gradual, consistent, or even smooth. Hopefully SS braided lines will remedy this.

I did find those plastic hooks- and they work however my helmet collides with those big honkin rear turn signals. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I really want a shorty exhaust, similar to (if my memory serves me right) 045's bike. I did some reading on people who converted the 03-05 exhaust to 06-09 shorty style with some elbow grease- so I may see (much later) if a local shop could help me out fitting something I like on there.

On the HID's... I absolutely want them, however in my years of "modding" vehicles, when it comes to MY vehicles, I'm batting about an 8% success rate (first time) regarding electrical mods. I have successfully helped friends install HID's, mount ballasts, figure out wiring diagrams... but when it's my vehicle, I end up hitting the turn signal and the motor revs while the doors lock and neighbor's sprinkler system activates... And then the damn signals still don't work. I chalk it up to some kind of electrical grimlin curse when it comes to modding my vehicles; however I know it's my own electrical ignorance.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone- I really appreciate it.

I'll likely continue to bombard the board with Q's- but it seems like you all know the in's and out's!
-Chris

mdub
Sun Aug 12th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Hmm, Guess we know who's stealing all the bikes...

I can just sense Special Agent Aaron taking notes. Go get'em gadget .

Drama
Sun Aug 12th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Awesome bike. Congrats

ATL
Wed Aug 15th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys!

Say, you all wouldn't know a good place where I can go to find instructionals on how to DIY rear fender eliminators or relocate the rear turn signals?

I've done a ton of browsing R6 forums and R6 messagenet and other model specific forums- but it feels like those places are ghost towns now. Especially for bikes older than '07-08's. All of the "How-To" threads' images need to be rehosted as I'm getting Red X's instead of the much needed pictures.

Anyone know where one could find a good "How-To" that is R6 preferably (03-05) specific?

Thanks again everyone,
-Chris

ATL
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Another question. When my low fuel light comes on my trip meter automatically resets itself. While I sort of see the reason that, in a strange world, that feature might be helpful, am I really going to have to use both trip meters to figure out how my miles per tank I'm getting??

Is there a way to disable the trip meter reset feature?
-Chris

Ezzzzy1
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Trip meter shouldnt be resetting itself? Weird. Usually your "F-Trip" meter pops up and what thats telling you (or keeping track of) is how many miles you have driven since the low fuel sensor was hit.

Some bikes have a reserve these dont. So when the F-Trip meter comes on thats your warning that you have limited fuel left.

I have gotten 41 (pulled into the gas station) miles on my F-Trip but there are a few forums that have conversations about this and they point towards the early R6s having less of a "reserve".

Just push the button till you get back to the trip meter you want visible or push and hold it for 2 seconds for the clock.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 02:16 PM
On a side not. Now it makes sense that you wanted those parts off my bike.

I may take mine back to stock if you are interested in a ton of parts...

520 conversion with about 1000 miles on it
Two Bros Juice box fuel controller
Vortex rearsets
Carbon fiber seats
I have front and back pitbul stands
Gear indicator
ASV levers
Leo Vince exhaust

Some maintenance stuff

Oil filters
Brake fluid
Chain lube
Front brake pads
2 aftermarket clutches

Im sure there is more and I would probably jump faster at selling a bunch of things and not just one or two.

Message me your thoughts

ATL
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Trip meter shouldnt be resetting itself? Weird. Usually your "F-Trip" meter pops up and what thats telling you (or keeping track of) is how many miles you have driven since low fuel sensor was hit.

Some bikes have a reserve some these dont. So when the F-Trip meter comes on thats your warning that you have limited fuel left.

I have gotten 41 (pulled into the gas station) miles on my F-Trip but there are a few forums that have conversations about this and they point towards the early R6s having less of a "reserve".

Just push the button till you get back to the trip meter you want visible or push and hold it for 2 seconds for the clock.
Well, you just blew my mind. Thanks! I didn't even think this crazy bike had a clock. "BUILT FOR THE TRACK" ;)! So what you're saying, is that it's an additional trip meter that just comes up once you hit the low fuel light?

Thanks,
-Chris

~Barn~
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Another question. When my low fuel light comes on my trip meter automatically resets itself. While I sort of see the reason that, in a strange world, that feature might be helpful, am I really going to have to use both trip meters to figure out how my miles per tank I'm getting??

Is there a way to disable the trip meter reset feature?
-Chris

My R1 had that feature, and it's intentional. Like EJ said though, it was referred to as the "F-Trip". I don't know about your R6, but if one of your tripometers resets at the point when your "low fuel" light comes on, then I suspect it's the same basic premise. The logic of course is so that you know exactly how many miles/tenths you've put on the "Reserve" so-to-speak.

If you know the rough MPG that your bike gets (very easy to figure out), and you know how much fuel is in your tank when the L.F. light comes on (it will tell you exactly in the owners manual), then you have the critical information that you need to get yourself some fuel without pushing.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Well, you just blew my mind. Thanks! I didn't even think this crazy bike had a clock. "BUILT FOR THE TRACK" ;)! So what you're saying, is that it's an additional trip meter that just comes up once you hit the low fuel light?

Thanks,
-Chris

Not many people know about the clock...

Yeah, the second the low fuel sensor is triggered the computer starts tracking how many miles you have driven.

Google your bike and year and see what the forums are saying. I thought I saw one that said that year got 25 miles after the light came on.

Jim_Vess
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks guys!

Say, you all wouldn't know a good place where I can go to find instructionals on how to DIY rear fender eliminators or relocate the rear turn signals?

I've done a ton of browsing R6 forums and R6 messagenet and other model specific forums- but it feels like those places are ghost towns now. Especially for bikes older than '07-08's. All of the "How-To" threads' images need to be rehosted as I'm getting Red X's instead of the much needed pictures.

Anyone know where one could find a good "How-To" that is R6 preferably (03-05) specific?

Thanks again everyone,
-Chris

If you'd like, you can come over and check out how the fender is eliminated on my '05. The previous owner did it, but it's a very clean setup. He told me he did it for about $20 (the cost of the plate bracket).

ATL
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 03:15 PM
If you'd like, you can come over and check out how the fender is eliminated on my '05. The previous owner did it, but it's a very clean setup. He told me he did it for about $20 (the cost of the plate bracket).
PM sent.

I'm interested, could you post a picture? If not, PM me when you're free!
-Chris

Ghosty
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 07:28 PM
My R1 had that feature, and it's intentional. Like EJ said though, it was referred to as the "F-Trip". I don't know about your R6, but if one of your tripometers resets at the point when your "low fuel" light comes on, then I suspect it's the same basic premise. The logic of course is so that you know exactly how many miles/tenths you've put on the "Reserve" so-to-speak.
Just remember, when the amber light comes on, on my '08 R1 anyway, you have LESS THAN one gallon (.8?) So best to head to the station pretty soon, definitely don't risk more than 20 miles max. I pushed it to 35 once and ran out of gas on I-25 in heavy traffic. Majorly stupid move on my part, almost got into a serious accident with the 60+mph traffic behind me! ;)

Not sure what the (F-Trip) Fuel-tripometer capacity is on your model though, check your manual...

madvlad
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 07:57 PM
The 600 should go more than the 1000's... I made it to the top of Mt Evans back down and to idaho springs with the light on on the R1. Definitely not good to push your luck as the fuel pump also takes a toll for sure on gas levels that are way low. Fill her on up! Lol

~Barn~
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Just remember, when the amber light comes on, on my '08 R1 anyway, you have LESS THAN one gallon (.8?) So best to head to the station pretty soon, definitely don't risk more than 20 miles max. I pushed it to 35 once and ran out of gas on I-25 in heavy traffic. Majorly stupid move on my part, almost got into a serious accident with the 60+mph traffic behind me! ;)

Not sure what the (F-Trip) Fuel-tripometer capacity is on your model though, check your manual...

Absolutely. That's why I mentioned needing to know exactly the quantity of gasoline in your tank, at the time your light comes on and the reset happens. It's always in the "specs" section of the owners manual.

ATL
Sat Aug 25th, 2012, 12:17 AM
On a side not. Now it makes sense that you wanted those parts off my bike.

I may take mine back to stock if you are interested in a ton of parts...

520 conversion with about 1000 miles on it
Two Bros Juice box fuel controller
Vortex rearsets
Carbon fiber seats
I have front and back pitbul stands
Gear indicator
ASV levers
Leo Vince exhaust

Some maintenance stuff

Oil filters
Brake fluid
Chain lube
Front brake pads
2 aftermarket clutches

Im sure there is more and I would probably jump faster at selling a bunch of things and not just one or two.

Message me your thoughts
PM sent. :hibye:
-Chris

ATL
Sat Aug 25th, 2012, 12:20 AM

The 600 should go more than the 1000's... I made it to the top of Mt Evans back down and to idaho springs with the light on on the R1. Definitely not good to push your luck as the fuel pump also takes a toll for sure on gas levels that are way low. Fill her on up! Lol

Absolutely. That's why I mentioned needing to know exactly the quantity of gasoline in your tank, at the time your light comes on and the reset happens. It's always in the "specs" section of the owners manual.

Right on. I just went ahead and filled her up about 4 miles after the light came on, and I put almost exactly 3.5 gallons in, so I believe I have a 1.0 gallon reserve.

I've been digging around for a complete "Owner's Manual" online in PDF form, however I keep running into Service Manuals, which are completely different.

Thanks for all the replies! You guys sure know a ton more about my bike than I :lol:.

Thanks fer lern'n me gud,
-Chris

ATL
Sat Aug 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Mounted some new Michelin Pilot Road 3's today.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=244106&stc=1&d=1294062454

They feel really good- far more nimble, as it's a very quick transition from one lean-angle to the other. I have yet to scrub off the majority of the outer parts of the tire, but once I do- I'll be ready to really carve canyons!

:fire:,
-Chris

Titus
Sat Aug 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Pretty bike & pretty tires!

Hope to see you riding around denver!

~Barn~
Sat Aug 25th, 2012, 07:54 PM
It's a few bucks, but here's one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-YAMAHA-YZF-R6R-MOTORCYCLE-OWNERS-MANUAL-YZF-R6R-C-YAMAHA-YZFR6R-C-/380464827786?hash=item5895788d8a&item=380464827786&pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&vxp=mtr) on eBay...

Also, you should get some nice mileage and all-around wet/dry performance from those tires. I've read good things.

ATL
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I picked up a Valentine One for this scream machine, however I'm a complete idiot when it comes to wiring things and electrical modification(s).

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmG5_rZL0MmrrbsoX9dzNBwsovmDPRm 4DuyNdKWwt2BGeD7DOA

I'm still unsure on:

How to mount it to the windscreen (line of sight requirement)?
If I should hard-wire it?
If I should rig a 12v cigarette power source to power it (and does this source of power diminish the device's capable radar/laser detection range?)
If I can easily disconnect it and take it with me when I park?

Does anyone who rides with a detector have some insight on the best way to handle these things?

Thanks,
-Chris

longrider
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Ram Mounts make great mounting systems for almost anything on a bike. For power I would use the hardwire cord on the bike and leave the cigarette lighter adapter in the car

ATL
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Ram mounts huh? I'll have to research them.

Also, I was checking my oil level and while that appears to be at full, I notice a little window slot on the left hand side of the bike, attached to a black plastic reservoir of some sort. I assume this is coolant, however I can't see ANYTHING in between the lines of "Full" and "Low"... Or above or below them!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7117/7877026592_bc7476d806_z.jpg

Can it be possible for my bike to be running without coolant??? I notice that after 10 minutes of riding the bike exudes LOTS of heat between my legs... However I've never seen the operating temp get over 218*F. Often when I dismount, the fans will kick on, but I would believe the bike would simply explode without coolant in the reservoir.

Can anyone explain this to me?
-Chris

longrider
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 08:25 PM
As long as the actual cooling system is not low a low reservoir will cause no problems. That said, I would still top off the reservoir so you dont suck air into the cooling system

ATL
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 09:25 PM
As long as the actual cooling system is not low a low reservoir will cause no problems. That said, I would still top off the reservoir so you dont suck air into the cooling system
Distilled water and coolant? 50/50 mix?

If I want/would prefer the bike to run cooler should I add something?

More coolant, less water? A coolant additive?
-Chris

WolFeYeZ
Fri Aug 31st, 2012, 01:08 AM

-Chris

Generally coolant is pre-mixed with water, just get the same color shit that is currently in the bike. Or flush it all out and start fresh, a nice cheap maintenance point. You can add Water Wetter I believe to help it run cooler, but not 100% sure.

As for mounting the V1... I myself just bought a Passport 8500 x50 and used the direct power plug on it. It was fairly easy to do, just hooked up the (+) wire into the headlight power and the ground to a frame bolt. Mounting it I used a slightly modified GoPro mount (sticky on tank, sticky on detector and 2 arms in between) and it works great so far.

Jim_Vess
Fri Aug 31st, 2012, 02:19 PM
Ram mounts huh? I'll have to research them.

Also, I was checking my oil level and while that appears to be at full, I notice a little window slot on the left hand side of the bike, attached to a black plastic reservoir of some sort. I assume this is coolant, however I can't see ANYTHING in between the lines of "Full" and "Low"... Or above or below them!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7117/7877026592_bc7476d806_z.jpg

Can it be possible for my bike to be running without coolant??? I notice that after 10 minutes of riding the bike exudes LOTS of heat between my legs... However I've never seen the operating temp get over 218*F. Often when I dismount, the fans will kick on, but I would believe the bike would simply explode without coolant in the reservoir.

Can anyone explain this to me?
-Chris

Do yourself a huge favor and get a Haynes or Clymer manual. Either will clear up a lot of questions for you.

ATL
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I did a quick-photoshoot yesterday. Here are the first set of "pichurs"...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8038/7974404266_925a918a71_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974404266/)
Headlight Shot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974404266/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8035/7974403817_e6a0d7894f_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974403817/)
R6 Side Shot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974403817/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8030/7974404596_363cb06ee4_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974404596/)
Front 2Thirds (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974404596/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8441/7974404002_deceb36335_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974404002/)
Rear Left and Shock (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974404002/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8171/7974404077_5233daa70d_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974404077/)
Full Rear (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974404077/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8178/7974403878_440c41c495_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974403878/)
Tank Shot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/7974403878/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

Included in some of the pictures is the homemade fender eliminator my good buddy helped me build... and 3 hours and 2 beers (each) later, I saved about 70 bucks and have a sleeker, stronger, and more discrete rear fender!

Cheers everyone,
-Chris

mdub
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 05:29 PM
like those tyres...thinks i'll get me the same next time around.

ATL
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Tire Performance Update:

The PR3's seem to do quite well in the rain, however I have yet (had the desire) to push them very hard in the rain- as this goofy little thing called logic is holding me from doing so :yes:.

Similarly, their dry performance/warmed up grip is pretty awesome. Riding with Brian (Liv4Twisties) I had the chance to scrub the "chicken strips" down to about a 1/4", all without pushing beyond my comfortable hyper-sport riding level! The tires love to hug mid lean!

The only downside I've found is that the tires are very squirrely/squirmy while transitioning and riding over TAR SNAKES. I have heard other riders complain of the slipperiness of those black bastards, but when I still was riding on the Bridgestone BT-023's, I hardly noticed them. I'm surprised how different the two tires treat the same surface.

:),
-Chris

ATL
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 07:50 PM
New pic from the NSX event

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8445/7985073661_213f34a88c_o.jpg

:),
-Chris

Helopitts
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Nice looking Bike!!

Helopitts
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
How many miles do you have on the PR3s so far?

drago52
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM

-Chris

Water transfers heat more efficiently than a glycol mix (coolant). 100% water will cause your bike to run cooler (when the pump runs) than a coolant mix. Just make sure you add coolant if you store the bike in an unconditioned space in the winter.

ATL
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Water transfers heat more efficiently than a glycol mix (coolant). 100% water will cause your bike to run cooler (when the pump runs) than a coolant mix. Just make sure you add coolant if you store the bike in an unconditioned space in the winter.
That makes sense.

I've definitely gotten more comfortable riding with the heat between my legs, especially as the temps begin dropping here on these Colorado nights.

Thanks for the heads up!
-Chris

ATL
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Just went outside to snap a few new pics with a bad-ass new lens I picked up! I know they're high-res, but I couldn't justify shrinking them any smaller! Especially the B&W one! :loop:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8350/8204415182_06a09be48f_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/8204415182/)
The Fleet (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/8204415182/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8349/8203323155_3fd7f4df24_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/8203323155/)
Rexy B&W (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/8203323155/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8342/8203323243_df6013b553_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/8203323243/)
Rexy and Mountains (http://www.flickr.com/photos/almondimaging/8203323243/) by Almond Imaging (http://www.flickr.com/people/almondimaging/), on Flickr

:hibye:,
-Chris

UHATEIT
Fri Nov 30th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Dammit I love R6, especially in blue