PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Race on Sept 23rd at Bandimere

martincjm
Mon Aug 13th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Rocky Mountain Mini Moto is adding a race day for kids on Sept 23rd.

If you have a son or daughter who enjoys cruising on their 50cc in the pits, but wants to do a track day, we have the perfect venue.
Action Karting is hosting 3 (4 lap) race sessions for kids 13 and under for $25 per rider.
All that is required is a helmet, gloves, over the ankle boots, and full sleeves and pants. Knee and elbow guards are recommended.
We are keeping the bike requirements fairly open, as not to exclude anyone.
10 or 12 inch wheels and a 50cc 2-stroke or 100cc 4-stroke or similar.

Email to register or with any questions
Chris
admin@rmminimoto.com

spideyrdr
Mon Aug 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Sweet! My daughter's a few years out (only 2 years old now) but racing's in her future. I can feel it!

Not to thread jack, but here's my future racer breaking down what you need to get on the track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwD1hdrfaX8

Have fun, and hopefully we'll see you out there in a few years!

martincjm
Tue Aug 14th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Funny video. She'll be ready for a Honda 50 before you know it.

mikesf4i
Mon Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Chris, we rounded up some extra knee and elbow pads and we have 2 pairs of motocross boots size 9 and size 7, a couple of chest protectors (for some reason my kids always ended up sliding on their stomachs when they were little) and Adams old pair of supermoto leather gloves size 7. I know we have a couple of smaller motocross helmets and goggles and we should have a few pairs of motocross pants around here somewhere if I can find them. The kids raced supermoto in motocross gear for a few years because leathers are expensive and I couldn't afford a new set every other month or so because kids grow like weeds, so most of our older gear is motocross gear. It seemed to hold up well enough crashing on pavement because kids don't usually crash at very high speeds (or maybe my kids were just slow!) We are really looking forward to this because it will be great to see younger kids getting a chance to race on pavement. Hopefully, we will get quite a few kids who want to try it out.

If there is anyone in the CSC who has children who can ride and want to try road racing, this is a great opportunity to let them find out how much fun it can be. If anyone has a kid that can ride ,but needs gear, or a bike or helmet to use for this race, post up and we will see what we can do to get them out there racing.

martincjm
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Parents,
Shoot me an email if you have not done so already, and you are planning on bringing a kid on Sunday.

Thanks,

Chris

admin@rmminimoto.com

mikesf4i
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Email sent.

martincjm
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 07:55 PM
The kids had such a good time on Sunday, that we are doing it again this Sunday, Sept 30th.

Gates open at Bandimere at 8:30.
Kids practice after 9am, then adult practice.

$25 for kids
$45 for adults

-See you there