PDA

View Full Version : Riding 8-14 Sandies @ 7

HOTCARCASS
Mon Aug 13th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Going to Ride till about 10. Proly 125 miles.

No Noobs

Will the Thrill
Mon Aug 13th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Where is sandies and are you goin at 7am or pm?

Will the Thrill
Mon Aug 13th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Nevermind, I found it.

HOTCARCASS
Tue Aug 14th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Sorry I missed that detail. I rode this morning but didn't even go to Sandies woops. Hey let me know if you want to get out today? I up for it!

MRA 32
Wed Aug 15th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hot carcass, why can't any noobs ride with you when you go on these canyon rides? Jeff

Bueller
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Jeff, have you seen the number of crashes this past week?

BC14
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Lot of us don't want the drama/responsibility of dealing with the n00bs.

MRA 32
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM
We were all a noob at some point. Just maybe a noob can learn that the canyon is not a race track from one of us more "experienced riders". Mentoring a new street rider might save them from crashing in the canyon or worse. Jeff

Bueller
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I take them out once in a while, I helped on the ride last weekend on the way out to Deckers. I split off to have some fun on the way home and there was a crash involving one of the people I was helping in the morning. He was not roadracing the canyons, he just made a noob mistake on an easy road. I went back on roads that were very technical so I didn't want to be responsible for trying to get an inexperienced rider through them at any speed, let alone a quick-ish pace.

:music:Sometimes you feel like a noob, sometimes you dont:music: :lol:

HOTCARCASS
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hot carcass, why can't any noobs ride with you when you go on these canyon rides? Jeff
Because you never know what to expect. I don't judge people for wearing less gear or being less experianced. I am always happy to help New Riders. My 16 year old Son Rides and My Wife did until she had a bad off on Rabbit Ears that broke some vertibrea and ribs and Rotator etc. My fualt for sure. Totally avoidable had I been a little closer so that she could have seen my event through the gravel and avoided it. Anyway to answer the question just because you never know what to expect. I don't ride fast all the time the majority of the time riding on the street is spent observing the law. So if ever a new rider posted and said they were prepared with gear and looking to learn some good riding habbits then by all means I would except the responsibiltiy of teaching/helping because I enjoy it. That situation never presents it self. Some of my best riding buddies over the years have been riders that came up on my experiance.

Joelchambers03
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Hey Sal and Jeff long time no see... I agree with Sal teaching is one thing but when a noob wants to tag along it can be scary for the more experienced rider when you pull over to wait for them and they never come... I am no way as experienced as Sal but far from noob I love canyon riding and prefer it.. I'm always down for teaching and helping but sometimes I just need to carve the canyons with no worries!
Ride safe