PDA

View Full Version : W W CSC'ers D?

derekm
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 10:26 PM
So I have an asshole that lives across the alley from me. He had a chow for 6-8 mos last year that was never once let inside and easily spent 99% of its time there on a 12' leash attached to a dog house propped up about a foot on a tree stump. No trees or other forms of shade around. So the chow mysteriously disappeared roughly 4 mos ago & was replaced with what looks to be a pit/? mix. Same scenario as the chow, even with the heat this summer the dog burrows as best as poss under the stump and is always barking. My wife has discussed it with a hand full of other neighbors who have either given the dog water when its out or even food. The issue with animal control is they seem to have ignored our complaints/concerns and it also states they don't do anything about barking without 3+ complaints.

I don't care for the guy or the hoodlums he has over and do not want confrontation. My only fear is him beating the dog or even the poss that it would be put down if its american bull terrior mix. Ant ideas on what to do? I just feel really sad for the poor dog.

ps- on the only good note this dog has been off the leash a few times but I doubt it was on purpose.

maktastik_jr.
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 10:28 PM
dog nap it and give it to me :)

kawasakirob
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 10:49 PM
^ we did that once with a severely neglected and malnutritioned Boxer. Now that same boxer ( who's name will remain anonymous) goes to the dog spa for oil baths and gets his nails done all the time courtesy of a great great owner. Well worth it.

kawasakirob
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Also it was cool to hear how that Boxer went from a skinny, half limping, scruffy coat wearing, walking with his head down dog to an absolute solid piece of steel with brilliant shine for a coat. Totally different dog. That Boxer looks like a glistening brownish red tank now. He's a stud and he knows it.

PM me if you decide anything....

derekm
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 11:08 PM
need directions?

kawasakirob
Thu Aug 16th, 2012, 11:14 PM
PM sent

#1Townie
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Wish i was still there to help with this.

If the black ops plan falls apart you could always try these guys.

http://www.coloradopitbullrescue.com/

Im sure they could give some good advice.

Sarge
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Damn, if I didn't already have two and a third on the way (dogs, not kids :-P) I'd be down for a rescue mission. I can, however, do temp sheltering. I have ~5 acres down in Pueblo and a golden lab and lab/pit mix.

I used to be a big lab guy, and alsatian/wolf hybrid guy (currently have one of each), but the female pit/lab I adopted last year is one of the best dogs I've ever had. She's such a sweetheart, thinks she can fit in your lap, is always happy to see you, and even lets my 2.5 year old climb all over her, pull her tail and ears, (try to) ride her back, etc and she loves him. She's the only one of the three who will actually play with him, fetch/tag/run around the house and yard, etc. If I wasn't about to be taking back my white wolf hybrid from my mother here soon I'd be all over another pit.

Ghosty
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 09:13 AM
^ we did that once with a severely neglected and malnutritioned Boxer. Now that same boxer ( who's name will remain anonymous) goes to the dog spa for oil baths and gets his nails done all the time courtesy of a great great owner. Well worth it.
Love this story. Directly related to my recent posting about the little white pooch wandering around near my work. SOMEDAY!...

Post#116: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=692537#post692537

Good luck, hope you or someone rescues that Pit from the negligent ghetto trash!

bulldog
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Wow, this sucks. They say the worst thing to do to a dog to make it mean is to restrict it to a leash. They become very territorial. People suck.

Wish I had a solution for you man. All I would suggest is take pictures when this dog is left outside in heat with no water and submit those to animal control. Even if it has water you should not leave a dog outside in those temps since they can't sweat.

Ghost
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 10:05 AM
You need to get animal control involved, otherwise, just like the Chow before the Pit, he'll just get another dog after you steal his current one...

If there's evidence of fighting the dog you could call the police, not AC, but, if it's a Pit they may kill it...

No great solutions.

Maybe call that rescue and see what they suggest.

rforsythe
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Post pictures of this douche along with pictures of what he does to his dog on every streetsign post within 2 miles of that place.

Tylar
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Post pictures of this douche along with pictures of what he does to his dog on every streetsign post within 2 miles of that place.

:rock:

kawasakirob
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Wow, this sucks. They say the worst thing to do to a dog to make it mean is to restrict it to a leash. They become very territorial. People suck.

According to Derek the dog does not take kindly to strangers. Which makes an easy grab and go fairly tough.

Ghost
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Hey, try this link:

http://www.ahnow.org/index.php

Does this situation involve an imminent threat to life or health, or is it an ongoing case of neglect?

Ongoing Neglect

Seems appropriate.

#1Townie
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 05:49 PM
According to Derek the dog does not take kindly to strangers. Which makes an easy grab and go fairly tough.

Some treats will cure that quick.

rforsythe
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Some treats will cure that quick.

Laced with Benadryl...

derekm
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Actually my wife said hes ok w strangers, he was gone when I got home. om a a positive dog note....

http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=693086#post693086

Ol'Skool
Fri Aug 17th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Bacon is the best dog mood improver.

Zanatos
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Do you want to know what animal control does when they get 3 or more complaints?

They tell you to take your dog to the vet and have its vocal cords cut.