PDA

View Full Version : TFOG Review

~Barn~
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 03:28 PM
On a last minute decision, I went for an oil change at TFOG. First called and chatted with Jim briefly, to make sure I wasn't showing up unannounced, and everything was kosher.

BAM- bike is in and out! Mike gives it a nice spritz and wipedown for me and in less than 30m, I off into the sunset, and Gemma is purring. The price was right, the Mtn. Dew was icy, and even a minor niggle discovered when I got home, was handled by a simple phonecall. Thanks for running your ship the A+ way. :up:

madvlad
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 03:58 PM
So you're saying that with this review they get a raise? Lol

~Barn~
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Let's not get dressed for Sizzler just yet Damir! I'm just saying I like the way the shop does their thing. They probably saved me 90+ minutes of my own time and some oily, bloody knuckles. :D

madvlad
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Hmmmm ye ol' bloody knuckles

Willhide
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
+1 for Tfog. They hooked up my son with new tire and brakes. In and out, and super cheep..... thanks again guys.

Will the Thrill
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 06:58 PM
What's tfogs address?

~Barn~
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Can't tell you the address off the top of my head, but basically you take 6th ave. West until you get to the Indiana exit (near Colorado Mills). Take that Indiana exit left (N) for one block until you see the 6th Ave. Service Road. Turn right on the 6.A.S.R and follow it west all the way until it wraps around and you intersect with 5th. Turn right on 5th and TFOG will be on your left after like 1/2 a block.

mdub
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I know a fellow rider went there to get a rear tire . The help forgot to tighten chain.

Matty
Sat Aug 18th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Jim and TFOG are awesome. And his new guy Mike seems pretty cool.

kalibra
Sun Aug 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Every time I went to TFog I was treated like family.

~Barn~
Sun Aug 19th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I know a fellow rider went there to get a rear tire . The help forgot to tighten chain.

I hope that they contacted the shop to talk about their concerns.

mdub
Sun Aug 19th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I dunno if he said anything . Good enuf he had tools with him that we made the chain taut during a ride.

~Barn~
Sun Aug 19th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Word. Hopefully he didn't over do it; a loose chain is a happy chain.

The GECCO
Sun Aug 19th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I dunno if he said anything . Good enuf he had tools with him that we made the chain taut during a ride.

If he truly made it "taut", it was correct before he adjusted it..."taut" is a great way to ruin a chain, both sprockets and bearings on each end.

mdub
Sun Aug 19th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Taut as in 1.5"-2" of vertical play. Before we made the adj. the chain was loose enuff that it could've jump.

kalibra
Sun Aug 19th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Definition of TAUT

a : having no give or slack : tightly drawn <a taut rope>

Stuart Little
Sun Aug 19th, 2012, 03:12 PM
The few times I've not been able or willing to do something on the ZX-11 I've taken it to TFOG, no complaints here.

Plus they have wifi so I can work without having to drop off the bike if it's only going to be an hour or two.

AOK303
Wed Sep 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Ive had no issues Jim is always able to give me all the info i need and make sure my bike is ready to ride. And Mikes a cool guy its still the only place i take my bike to.

If only he would hold it for me all winter again LOL