PDA

View Full Version : Missing bike at Twin Peaks!

cWood30
Sat Aug 13th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Well, my bike broke down on the way to Fort Collins last night. Luckily enough, I was close enough that I could walk it to Twin Peaks parking lot. I called them today and let one of the gals there that it was parked there until I could get a thermostat and fix it within the next day or two. There wasn't any real response from the gal, just a laugh between us about the situation. The bike is now missing from there. Just wondering if an;yone has any ideas where my bike could be at this point. I know a few of the employees are on this website, hopefully they can see this and know more than I do.

I'm hoping it's not towed, I just don't have the extra money for that. I have the parts to fix the bike through searching around today, but now I have no bike to put them on! Ah well, if anybody finds out or has any ideas on the whereabouts of the bike, please let me know. Thanks!~
Chris

(( LO LO ))
Sun Aug 14th, 2005, 08:04 AM
You might want to specify what kind of bike it is.

cWood30
Sun Aug 14th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Heh, I suppose that would help! And I'm on here just to say that I cruised past today (in daylight, as a pose to last night) and the bike is parked in their lot. Understandably so, I'm guessing they assumed that the bike was parked there to be taken in for service, or they just put it their for safekeeping, not knowing what it was doing in their lot. I'll just have to wait till they open on Tuesday and give themacall and let them know I can come bike and get it out of their hair! Oh, the bike is a 1984 Honda VF700F Interceptor.

And I meant no goodwill towards Twin Peak by this post, was just hoping that someone could tell me what had happened with it. I'm going to have some bike shopping to do in afew months, and I bet you canguess where I'm going for it!

Wahooman
Sun Aug 14th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Glad the bike was found. Who did you talk to? I have communicated this to my brother and if you need your bike on Monday let me know and I am sure we could help ya out....just PM me.
So the bike was left there on Friday night after hours.....? Then they pulled it in on Saturday? Just a little confused on the situation is all.
I hope we can be of service to you, or at lease get you back up and running.
Thanks ;)

cWood30
Mon Aug 15th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Yep. What happened was that the bike overheated right after the Longmont exit. The temp gauge was jumping all over the place, then just went straight up. This was about 2 in the morning, took it off the Lyons exit, had to walk it to the Conoco, then realized that Twin Peaks was just across the way. I figured I'd park it there for the night, and get a ride to Fort Collins, as I had to work from 10-10 on Saturday.

While I was at work the next day, I had someone get a new Thermostat and O-ring for me so I could put it on Sunday morning. (The Tstat is right on the side of the bike, shouldn't be a hard swap at all, assuming that it IS the Tstat that is broken). In the search for that Thermostat, I called Twin Peaks first, at least trying to keep my patronism with them and let them know the bike was there. I'm not sure who I talked to, just let them know I needed a Tstat in stock, as my bike broke down and was currently sitting in their parking lot! As expected, you guys didn't have it in stock (I was surprised anybody did!, but Sun had it).

A friend of mine drove past Saturday night and said the bike wasn't there anymore, and couldn't see it in the lot. I drove back down to Denver Sunday morning, and saw the bike in the lot and breathed a sigh of relief. So, I've got the next 3 days off of work to get to the bike. I don't need to trouble you guys on your day off, so I can wait till Tuesday.

(By the way, why is it that motorcycle shops are closed on Monday? I mean it's fine by me, just wondering if there was any history/reason behind it other than none of us should have to work "the moooondays!")

Jenny
Mon Aug 15th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Because we have to work on Saturday, small dealerships give employees Mondays off so they can have an actual weekend. :)

cWood30
Tue Aug 16th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Well, got to the bike today. After quite a struggle with a corroded on bolt and stripping the #$&*(^ out of it, I got the new Thermostat in. Only to discover that my headgasket was blown 5 miles down the highway. Time to tow the bike home and go to town on it for a while. No more joyriding for me :cry: Oh well, on the plus side, it's time to look for a new bike!

And a big thanks to Dallas for taking the time to help me get that bolt off 8)

Wahooman
Tue Aug 16th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Glad you got the bike back, but not good to hear about the head gasket. Sorry we couldn't be of more help. If you need a new bike....you know where to go ;)