PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a new TV show?

Aaron
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 09:26 AM
I don't own a TV, and thus enjoy watching TV shows season by season on my laptop. However recently I've run out of shows, and need some advice on new ones. Here are the ones I've been watching recently, to give you an idea of what I like:

The OC
Breaking Bad
SouthLAnd
Californication

I'm looking forward to the release of Last Resort and Chicago Fire, but until then need something new. I liked The OC because it was like watching what I picture is "the perfect life." But the 3d and 4th seasons got dull, and it's old now anyways. I liked Breaking Bad a lot, but every episode was more or less the same. SouthLAnd is badass, anxiously awaiting the next season. And Californication is probably my favorite, I absolutely love the show. Also awaiting the next season. Another Showtime series would be great but I don't know of any.

Thanks!

Airreed
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 09:45 AM
Not sure if you like pseudo cop shows, but I've enjoyed Dexter.
The background on the show is Dexter works as a lab tech for Miami PD, but is a vigilante serial killer. It has a good storyline with comedy and suspense rolled into the show.

The first couple seasons of Weeds was pretty good, but the storyline has gone downhill....

24, Jack Bauer saves the world hour by hour! I watched about 5 seasons of 24 during my last deployment.

salsashark
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
I liked The Shield... pretty sure they're all available on netflix now.

Snowman
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 09:50 AM
Is Weeds still going on?

bulldog
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM
I don't own a TV, and thus enjoy watching TV shows season by season on my laptop. However recently I've run out of shows, and need some advice on new ones. Here are the ones I've been watching recently, to give you an idea of what I like:

The OC
Breaking Bad
SouthLAnd
Californication

I'm looking forward to the release of Last Resort and Chicago Fire, but until then need something new. I liked The OC because it was like watching what I picture is "the perfect life." But the 3d and 4th seasons got dull, and it's old now anyways. I liked Breaking Bad a lot, but every episode was more or less the same. SouthLAnd is badass, anxiously awaiting the next season. And Californication is probably my favorite, I absolutely love the show. Also awaiting the next season. Another Showtime series would be great but I don't know of any.

Thanks! +1 On Dexter!

What about "The Wire". Only saw a few episodes, but have some friends that were really into that series; hell I think I may even have the first two season on DVD somewhere. I enjoyed the "Heroes" series, but not for everyone.

I`m Batman
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
The Walking Dead?

Sean
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
I've always enjoyed Fraggle Rock :dunno:

The Wire was alright.

3D
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
The walking dead and/or Spartacus

bulldog
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Best series.....Jacks Playground by Digital Playground productions :D :lol:

Should keep you entertained :)

salsashark
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM
If anyone comes across streaming episodes of Night Court, please let me know...

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Is Weeds still going on?
Yep!

Weeds, +1 on Dexter, Nip/Tuck are some good ones that will keep you occupied.

Jmetz
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Spartacus, Game of Thrones..

grim
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:21 AM
I've always enjoyed Fraggle Rock :dunno:

The Wire was alright.

Have it on DVD!!

Ghosty
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Most HBO series are awesome and you can buy the DVD season sets CHEAP online or the HBO store if you want a nice new box. Plus they always push the limits of "Rated-R", which is especially attractive to us adults. No kiddie shit. My favorites, all are EPIC quality. No commercials, yay!

Game of Thrones (Medieval/Fantasy)
Boardwalk Empire (Prohibition/Mob)
How to Make it in America (Comedy)
Entourage (Com)
Rome (Historical)
Treme' (N'awleans post-Katrina)
True Blood (Fantasy/Horror)
Big Love (Drama)
East Bound & Down (Com
Curb Your Enthusiasm (Com)
Band of Brothers (WWII)
John Adams (American Revolution)
Six Feet Under (Drama)

I've heard great things about the usual suspects above: Walking Dead, Weeds, Sons of Anarchy, & Dexter.

rforsythe
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:41 AM
Walking Dead is good. This season of Breaking Bad has upped the psycho factor repeatedly but you'll have to wait to watch that. Falling Skies has my attention this season too. Was also into The Shield when it was on.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:52 AM
Here's a couple i enjoy, very random list though...

River Monsters
Storage Wars
TOP GEAR
Duck Dynasty
Workaholics
Making the Cut
Entourage (Not sure if they are available, cause they aren't on netflix) but my fav by far.
Swamp Loggers
Man V. Wild or Survivorman or Dual Survivor (yea i love survival shows, but not Man, Woman Wild or whatever it's called, such a stupid show)

#1Townie
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 10:59 AM
Jericho. Its only a season and a half but its good.

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Band of Brothers (WWII)
Yes! And The Pacific was a good one too.

Totally forgot about Entourage. Another good one.

Zach929rr
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Barely 18 series of videos.

Oh, TV. Right.

#1Townie
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
Haha yeah what he said.

mdub
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 03:08 PM
WTF is this??? We now have hit the newest of a new low for subject of a thread....eeeessshhh....

eh btw i likes Taboo.

bulldog
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 03:20 PM
WTF is this??? We now have hit the newest of a new low for subject of a thread....eeeessshhh....

eh btw i likes Taboo.

Wow, yet nobody caught mine and it is a way better series than Barely Legal and is up to like #38 with spinoffs and all (Jack's POV and Jack's Teen America) :lol:

Squisha
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 04:15 PM
+1 on the Walking Dead and Dexter.

The first couple of seasons of Nip/Tuck are outstanding. Outstandingly Twisted.

I've seen every episode of all of these (except the most recent season of Dexter).

It just started on BBC America, but I'm looking forward to checking out Copper.

Speaking of BBC America, "The Fades" is a pretty cool show. Oh dang...now I see that they haven't renewed it. Stupid people.

Squisha
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 04:26 PM
Oh, if you like twisted...

American Horror Story.

Grant H.
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 04:45 PM
White Collar
Bones
House M.D.
Suits
Breaking Bad

The O.C. was okay, lots of teenage drama/angst crap. Mischa Barton is HOT!

Drano
Tue Aug 21st, 2012, 05:24 PM
Hell on Wheels
Sons of Anarchy
Deadwood
Game of Thrones
The Killing

Aaron
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, working on buying the shows now!

I picked up the first two seasons of Shameless (A Showtime series about an alcoholic). Also picked up the first season of Homeland. I'm working on getting the 6 seasons of Third Watch (It's an old drama much like SouthLAnd), as well as the first 6 seasons of Dexter.

Should keep me busy for a while!

I hated Bones. I liked House but got bored with it (Every episode was the same to me). Mischa Barton is hot.

salsashark
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
My coworker reminded me of Northern Exposure. I loved that show when it was on. Unfortunately, it's not available via Amazon Prime... maybe netflix?

Sleev
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Boardwalk Empire

Aaron
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Watched a couple Youtube clips on Northern Exposure, didn't fall for it.

However I just finished S1E1 of Shamless, and I'm hooked. It's fucking unbelievable. I love it!

#1Townie
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, working on buying the shows now!

I picked up the first two seasons of Shameless (A Showtime series about an alcoholic). Also picked up the first season of Homeland. I'm working on getting the 6 seasons of Third Watch (It's an old drama much like SouthLAnd), as well as the first 6 seasons of Dexter.

Should keep me busy for a while!

I hated Bones. I liked House but got bored with it (Every episode was the same to me). Mischa Barton is hot.
Yeah mishca is dope. Id hit it. Twice.

Im telling ya man check out jericho. Its worth it.