PDA

View Full Version : Electoral College Prediction

Ezzzzy1
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Couple Colorado guys have correctly forecasting since 1980. Interesting read for sure.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22/university-of-colorado-pr_n_1822933.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D195989

#1Townie
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
I bet its wrong this time. Doesnt matter. Either ine will just keep in screwing us.

Ezzzzy1
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:46 PM
I bet its wrong this time. Doesnt matter. Either ine will just keep in screwing us.

Thats my initial thought as well. Guess we will see....

Townie, you and I should run?

mdub
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Thats my initial thought as well. Guess we will see....

Townie, you and I should run?

if you all are millionaires, might have a chance.

#1Townie
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Hahaha me president? You think Obama has a low approval rating? The rich would hate me because i would kill their tax breaks. The poor would hate me because i would start putting regulations on welfare.

Yup everyone would hate me. Lol

Ezzzzy1
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Hahaha me president? You think Obama has a low approval rating? The rich would hate me because i would kill their tax breaks. The poor would hate me because i would start putting regulations on welfare.

Yup everyone would hate me. Lol

Well then you could be VP :lol:

#1Townie
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Hahahaha! Cool. So can i shoot someone with a shotgun? I promise it will be a accident.

mdub
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:33 PM
where is my ezzzzy

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/Naughta_Noob/DickCheneynowthathesoutofoffice.jpg

#1Townie
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Blaaahahahaha! I said a shoty. I dont want to kill the guy.

Oh and public hangings would be brought back. Hell yeah. Also i would love to see the sentence to killers be the same as the way they killed the person. So like dui and kill someone you are now the new crash test dummy. If you sont die no medical treatment shall be provided. Just out into another car and start over. These assholes that like ro shoot shit up. I say we bring back the gladiator days. You think ufc is big?? Wait rill you watch two guys beat each other to death with no rules.

mdub
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
charge admission. that would benefit county and state.

#1Townie
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
See thats what im talking about. More income.

#1Townie
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Hey if you are caught entering this country illegally three or more times.... welcome to slavery. The state can do with you as they please. My vote is for the gladiator pit.

mdub
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
with free wi-fi.

Chaos
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
New boss, same as the old boss.

/thread

Ghosty
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if that's correct. Lot of moderates and independents were already a toss-up last time might decide now is a time to put the "Ryan Budget Plan" into gear and start making the scary unpopular AXE CUTS to stuff liberals wouldn't touch. Also all the TeaParty folks can now stand behind Romney since they love Paul, even if they were shaky before. The only thing holding the Repubs back now is all the continuous "War on Women" gaffes and bullshit that might alienate less liberal women. Plus there's a lot of conservative Latinos that love the Ryan CATHOLIC pick and abortion stance.

If Republicans lose this time, it's their own damn fault. They're practically handing the election over with all their far-right BULLSHIT going on this Summer especially.

It's gonna be ugly. Will be interesting to see these professors model after they get more up-to-date data come September, as mentioned in the article...

mdub
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM
god damn ghosty you should run for mayor.

#1Townie
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if that's correct. Lot of moderates and independents were already a toss-up last time might decide now is a time to put the "Ryan Budget Plan" into gear and start making the scary unpopular AXE CUTS to stuff liberals wouldn't touch. Also all the TeaParty folks can now stand behind Romney since they love Paul, even if they were shaky before. The only thing holding the Repubs back now is all the continuous "War on Women" gaffes and bullshit that might alienate less liberal women. Plus there's a lot of conservative Latinos that love the Ryan Catholic pic and abortion stance.

If Republicans lose this time, it's their own damn fault. They're practically handing the election over with all their far-right BULLSHIT going on this Summer especially.

It's gonna be ugly. Will be interesting to see these professors model after they get more up-to-date data come September, as mentioned in the article...

Actually i think you might be kind of far off on the tea party assessment. More people are starting to sway away from the whole team idea. I wont vote for Romney. Nope. Nobama either.

Im done with these fakes and alot of others are as well. Here is why i think this will be the first time those guys will be wrong.

People are going to assume that just because romney is the one for that team that ALL the paul supporters will just vote for him. I think these numbers will play a factor into Obama going for four more. Am i wasting my vote? Maybe. At least i wont be doing the lesser of two evils.

rforsythe
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
with free wi-fi.

Only if you ask to use it first.

Ghosty
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:27 AM
Actually i think you might be kind of far off on the tea party assessment. More people are starting to sway away from the whole team idea. I wont vote for Romney. Nope. Nobama either.
True, that's your right. I just don't subscribe to the "lesser of two evils is stupid" mantra. I'm sure a ton of people will sit this one out, especially since I don't think you can "write in a 3rd candidate" like RonPaul.

People around the world take up arms and overthrow their own governments to fight for the right to vote. They would be pretty disturbed to know how many people here take it lightly, or don't even vote, sad imo. :(

modette99
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:29 AM
All I know is Obama cost me more money...

I'm going for Mitt although I rather have Ron Paul (its not going to happen). Obama to me is for the poor minority voter that wants to keep getting free services and loves the idea of Obamacare.

The best tax system be a flat tax (or whatever new name you want to call it). We all should be taxed the same, hard to bitch about Mitt when he still paid more then most here in taxes...so to me he did pay his fair share.

salsashark
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Something tells me an Ezzzy/Townie campaign would look a bit like this...

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/097/1/f/president_camacho_by_andytaylor_garbage-d3dggaq.jpg

Ghosty
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
All I know is Obama cost me more money...
How? Did your healthcare go up, income taxes, or other stuff?

You'll get Mittens. Thanks to "Corporate Personhood" and much more powerful SuperPACs (than the Dems). The GOP campaign has an unlimited bottomless wallet. Just wait until October when we'll see the full force of that in effect. I know I'll be loathe to turn on my TV unless it's a premium channel. Not just the Koch brothers, there's dozens of kazillionaires just like them that have been working and planning for four years.

modette99
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Yes, Obama cost me an extra $30K a year....Same for my father he said he has to pay an extra $30K-$40K.

Obamacare is not needed what is needed is healthcare reform not another Welfare program. I'm sorry you can not afford healthcare then fucking die. Sorry but life is not fare. Last thing we need is EVERYONE have top grade medical services...world is already overpopulated.

vort3xr6
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Yes, Obama cost me an extra $30K a year....Same for my father he said he has to pay an extra $30K-$40K.

Obamacare is not needed what is needed is healthcare reform not another Welfare program. I'm sorry you can not afford healthcare then fucking die. Sorry but life is not fare. Last thing we need is EVERYONE have top grade medical services...world is already overpopulated.

I fall along these lines as well. I don't place a ton of value on human life.

Living is a privilege. While you are alive you need to pay money to keep yourself safe. If you ride a motorcycle and don't have health insurance, tough luck.

I suggest we start a hunger games.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/097/1/f/president_camacho_by_andytaylor_garbage-d3dggaq.jpg

:lol: Originally we werent going to let Butt Fuckers sponsor our campaign but we said what the hell.... If thats what we are going to be doing to the American people they why the hell not let them throw some campaign money our way!

Ghosty
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
You'd probably do better with a team like the brain-donors in 'Idiocracy', considering many facets of our current government has thrown common sense out the window anyway:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/23/oklahoma-city-student-5-forced-to-turn-university-michigan-t-shirt-inside-out/

But who needs common sense, amirite?...

salsashark
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Common Sense?

You use these words like they mean something...

I saw the headline this morning and just shook my head.

modette99
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House now? He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrat s, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

Ghosty
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
Excellent commentary and points. Thx for sharing.