PDA

View Full Version : Rider down and lost on 36 :(

nicklk
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
I just saw on 9news that a motorcyclist had wrecked on Highway 36, and got hit by a car, and died :(

http://www.9news.com/news/article/284741/71/EB-US-36-closed-at--Church-Ranch-Road-due-to-wreck

I hope all CSC'ers are safe:|

biikChiQ
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
wow.. thats sad. I read on another news channel that he got ran over a few times.

Titus
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Alcohol is suspected to be a factor in the crash, according to police.

That's too bad.

Don't drink & ride folks.

deadline
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 01:38 AM
There is a bike bar around that area... Quaker I think... and it gets super busy on Wednesdays...

gtn
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:00 AM
Yup, Quaker Steak & Lube is right there and has bike nights every Wednesday through the summer.

RIP rider.

Ghosty
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
"Hit a barrier and lost control..."

Wonder what happened exactly, and whether it was one of the Harley guys at Quaker.

Sean
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Yup, Quaker Steak & Lube is right there and has bike nights every Wednesday through the summer.

RIP rider.This.

It's sad. If it wasn't rider error, there is also a good chance that one of the drivers on 36 had something to do with it. I commuted on that interstate everyday for years and I almost got killed 3x a week by inattentive drivers.

JKOL
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
This.

It's sad. If it wasn't rider error, there is also a good chance that one of the drivers on 36 had something to do with it. I commuted on that interstate everyday for years and I almost got killed 3x a week by inattentive drivers.

I luckily only had to do it for about 6 months, and you either get really good at figuring out what cars around you are going to do before they do it, or you get run over. 36 is a nightmare for riders anytime its close to rush hour.

RIP to the rider.

Jim_Vess
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
"Hit a barrier and lost control..."

Wonder what happened exactly, and whether it was one of the Harley guys at Quaker.

It was a sport bike. They showed the bike on Channel 4 news this morning. I think it was a ZX-6, but couldn't tell for sure from the picture.

nicklk
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
This.

I drove that route from Wash Park to Boulder for two years in a car, and almost got killed 3x a week in a car. :down:

deadline
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
I drove that route from Wash Park to Boulder for two years in a car, and almost got killed 3x a week in a car. :down:

nah... its not that bad. I take that road all the time and never have any problems in the car. On the bike its more stressful, but mostly due to my amount of experience on the motorcycle. I also don't like it at night on the bike even if its empty...

grim
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
It was a sport bike. They showed the bike on Channel 4 news this morning. I think it was a ZX-6, but couldn't tell for sure from the picture.

What color was the bike? And has anyone heard from or spoken to Vellos? He rides a ZX6, and lives in boulder.

asp_125
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Doubt it was Vellos, the comments in the 9news link seem to indicate a husband and father of three.

Jim_Vess
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Channel 4 reported the rider's name and age.

Justin Dewey, age 27.

They also have a better photo of the bike - it's a silver R6/R6S.

If anyone here knows him, I'm sorry for your loss.

Matrix
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Passing this along from Quaker Steak & Lube in Westminster.

Attention ALL Quaker Steak & Lube Family!!!!!!
This Wednesday is Justin Dewey Bike Night. A huge fundraiser /life celebration of one of our own who was lost in a motorcyle accident last bike night. Come Help us raise money for his wife and 3 children. Celebrate his life and join together as a Biker Community always does. This Wednesday Aug 29th.

tstevens
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM
So so sad, RIP Justin.

Clovis
Tue Aug 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM
So young and so sad. 3 kids growing up without their father :(

bornwildnfree
Tue Aug 28th, 2012, 02:58 PM
RIP rider.