PDA

View Full Version : In other sports related news, Lance Armstong...

~Barn~
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:32 PM
... is to be stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles by the USADA.

Travis Tygart, USADA's chief executive, said Armstrong would also be hit with a lifetime ban on Friday. And under the World Anti-Doping Code, he would lose the bronze medal from the 2000 Olympics as well as any awards, event titles and cash earnings.

Full story here (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/48773712/ns/sports-cycling/).

drago52
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:39 PM
Saw this one coming from a hundred miles away. Nearly his entire USPS team from his era has admitted to doping and the team doctor and coach admitted to providing the drugs. To be fair, everyone in the peloton was on drugs at the time, so he was definitely the best of the druggies. Doesn't mean it's right though.

Ghost
Thu Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:43 PM
... is to be stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles by the USADA.

Travis Tygart, USADA's chief executive, said Armstrong would also be hit with a lifetime ban on Friday. And under the World Anti-Doping Code, he would lose the bronze medal from the 2000 Olympics as well as any awards, event titles and cash earnings.

Full story here (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/48773712/ns/sports-cycling/).

It's still not clear whether the USADA has the authority to strip him, and so far he's not admitted guilt, he just said he's not going to deal with USADA's investigation.

So, this may not actually be resolved.

But, in related news, I don't really give a shit either way...

And, if he IS stripped of his titles, and the sport gets a black eye, and everyone decides to quit pretending to be Little Lances on the good canyon roads, then I really won't be able to shed a tear...

madvlad
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Way to go habib!

salsashark
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 06:57 AM
mehhh...

He lost his biggest and best trophy back in 2006

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/database/sherylcrow/sherylcrow300.jpg

#1Townie
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 07:04 AM
From roid rage?

mxer
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 07:41 AM
It's good to see one of the biggest a-holes in sports get what's coming to him.

bulldog
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 08:29 AM
mehhh...

He lost his biggest and best trophy back in 2006

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/database/sherylcrow/sherylcrow300.jpg
Really...I though it was when he lost his testicle :lol:

Ezzzzy1
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 08:33 AM
:pointlaugh: I actually think he lost them both in the same year...

Sheryl used to tell me when we were laying around in bed that "yeah he can ride a bike but thats about it".

laspariahs
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 09:46 AM
It's still not clear whether the USADA has the authority to strip him, and so far he's not admitted guilt, he just said he's not going to deal with USADA's investigation.

So, this may not actually be resolved.

And, if he IS stripped of his titles, and the sport gets a black eye, and everyone decides to quit pretending to be Little Lances on the good canyon roads, then I really won't be able to shed a tear...

Actually it is VERY clear that they DO have the authority. Obviously most Americans know nothing about the sport of cycling or really any sport with actual anti-doping practices, but anyways. Lance Armstrong raced under a USAC international license, when he got that license he agreed to the WADA code, then he raced in the TDF (among others), which is a UCI race, the the ASO then the UCI, but lets keep it simple, it's a UCI race, the UCI is ALSO a signatory of the WADA code, USADA is appointed enforcer of the WADA code for all Americans, again when Lance Armstrong got his USAC international license he signed a piece of paper, which he agreed to the ENTIRE WADA/USADA process.

So now you are thinking, but UCI and USAC both sided with Armstrong, yes they did, UCI because USADA has evidence that UCI COVERED UP at least one positive for Lance Armstrong, IN FACT it is JUST that type of situation that led to the formation of WADA and USADA. And USAC is of course headed by Steve Johnson, and Thom Wisel... Which pretty much made their fortunes because of Lance. Anyways.

Long story short USADA, and WADA have COMPLETE jurisdiction over Lance Armstrong.

Further more, Lance Armstrong when he as battling Swart for money, who refused to pay because they believed he was doping, well Lance used USADA, and in particular Travis Tygart, as THE expert, THE people who could say he was clean. Well they did, and he got their money, but once they get evidence he's a doper.... They know nothing. Pretty awesome.

Sean
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Nearly his entire USPS team from his era has admitted to doping and the team doctor and coach admitted to providing the drugs. To be fair, everyone in the peloton was on drugs at the time, so he was definitely the best of the druggies.
This.

I don't know if it's true, but no matter how you slice it, he beat everybody in all of those races. That's unreal, doping or no doping.

rforsythe
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM
This.

I don't know if it's true, but no matter how you slice it, he beat everybody in all of those races. That's unreal, doping or no doping.

It's the lack of a testicle. Weight savings...

drago52
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Just a little side note here: Taking drugs (EPO, HGH, testosterone) does not automatically make you fast. In fact, if you take those drugs and just sit around, it's not going to do anything. You still have to put in the work. Those drugs just allow you to last longer and recover faster. Instead of having to recover a full day after a hard high intensity workout, you can just do another one the next day. Or do two-a-days.

When you hear about the training regimine Lance did, it's obvious he put in the work. He dedicated himself to the sport completely and gave it 100%. That's why he won so many tours. That, and the fact that he had drugs to help him train more and recover faster than he would without.

Sleev
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-20064406-10391709.html

dapper
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 12:22 PM
This is silly! Everyone knows who won for those 7 Tour de France titles.

Without proof, Armstrong is innocent.

Sounds like a personal vendetta is taking place...

laspariahs
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Just a little side note here: Taking drugs (EPO, HGH, testosterone) does not automatically make you fast. In fact, if you take those drugs and just sit around, it's not going to do anything. You still have to put in the work. Those drugs just allow you to last longer and recover faster. Instead of having to recover a full day after a hard high intensity workout, you can just do another one the next day. Or do two-a-days.

When you hear about the training regimine Lance did, it's obvious he put in the work. He dedicated himself to the sport completely and gave it 100%. That's why he won so many tours. That, and the fact that he had drugs to help him train more and recover faster than he would without.

Steroids don't make your muscles bigger with out putting in the work either, in fact NO PED does.

Cheater is a cheater, even if they train hard.

asp_125
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 01:01 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-20064406-10391709.html

Sour grapes? Hamilton himself was barred for failing a drug test.

The irony is, if he (Armstrong) won his title in a peloton of other dopers, did he still win?

MetaLord 9
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM
It's the lack of a testicle. Weight savings...
An aerodynamics. Plus you can use the extra sack for slowing down faster, parachute style.

King Nothing
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 04:59 PM
In a related story, anyone with half a life doesn't give two shits about cycling. fuck off cyclists and get the hell out of the way.

drago52
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM
In a related story, anyone with half a life doesn't give two shits about cycling. fuck off cyclists and get the hell out of the way.

Sorry to hear you have no interest in the sport. A lot of people do, especially in the state of Colorado. We all enjoy riding our motorcycles in the mountains and on twisty roads. You should understand that not everyone needs the assistance of a motor to enjoy the same activities.

drago52
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Sour grapes? Hamilton himself was barred for failing a drug test.

The irony is, if he (Armstrong) won his title in a peloton of other dopers, did he still win?

Yes, he won the race. He didn't win it fairly though (he cheated). The situation is that most if not all of the peloton was cheating also. It's just an era of doping that needs to be closed. Strip Armstrong's titles, but don't give them to the 2nd place cyclists in those races. Give them to nobody. The cyclist's performances during that era were literally unbelievable.

VryfastRR
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 05:32 PM
His full statement.

http://lancearmstrong.com/news-events/lance-armstongs-statement-of-august-23-2012

mdub
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 06:22 PM
and greg lemond goes ....sorry lance ..i'm better

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/LeMondArmstrong490H366.jpg (http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/LeMondArmstrong490H366.jpg)

guessinthe2000
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I could have a million people doping and they wouldnt be able to achieve what he did. Doping or not. Just my opinion

mdub
Fri Aug 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hear you have no interest in the sport. A lot of people do, especially in the state of Colorado. We all enjoy riding our motorcycles in the mountains and on twisty roads. You should understand that not everyone needs the assistance of a motor to enjoy the same activities.

i dont see the appeal in road biking. guess it is just the breed of people.

before i really got into riding my rocket i used to mnt bike alot. but that was in the trails of the foothills and mnts. never in the way of motorized vehicles. i still mnt bike every now and then but DAMN my rocket is more fun.

Ghost
Sat Aug 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Actually it is VERY clear that they DO have the authority. Obviously most Americans know nothing about the sport of cycling or really any sport with actual anti-doping practices, but blah blah blah..

You missed this part:

Exactly.