PDA

View Full Version : Lapping at IMI

Arc
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Seems to be a few people here who do this, do they have any kind of requirements for how your bike is set up, High Plains and PPIR have full PDF sheets of their regs online but I haven't seen anything from IMI. I went a couple times to race karts but it's not far from where I live and I'd like to get a bike out there.

On a related note, do any of you ride to your trackdays? (any track). Seems like the best way to do it would be to have a truck and trailer, but I don't have a truck or space for a trailer so that's kind of my only option for right now.

VryfastRR
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 08:59 PM
IMI requires almost nothing to get on the track, however leathers are a good idea.

Riding to a track day is not the best idea just incase something happens, plus it takes a lot out of you riding at that kind of pace.

As far as trailers go anytime I need to get out to the track I just rent one, $20 from uhaul.

asp_125
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
IMI is pretty lax, I've seen riders out with jeans - probably not the wisest gear choice given you are as likely to go down there as any track, even if it's just a little cart track.

Bike prep is minimal if at all. Don't even have to tape up lights or run water. Again, it's advised simply if not to be the guy who messes up the track with broken glass or coolant.

sag
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
IMI is real laid back, theres no one even on the track watching or anything unless there are kart rentals. pick a day, call and make sure there are no races scheduled, and head out there. no rules pertaining to your bike, obviously wear as much gear as you can scrounge up and i would just remove your mirrors (so you dont get caught looking backwards when you should only be paying attention in front of you) and make sure your air pressures are set how you want them.

ive ridden to IMI and seen people ride to HPR but if youre not super close i would advise against it. you may damage the bike making it unrideable, (broken levers or pegs/shifter) may hurt yourself to where you cant ride it, and will for sure be completely exhausted and not wanting to ride home. make sure someone could come help you out in case of disaster.

Arc
Tue Aug 28th, 2012, 12:53 AM
ive ridden to IMI and seen people ride to HPR but if youre not super close i would advise against it. you may damage the bike making it unrideable, (broken levers or pegs/shifter) may hurt yourself to where you cant ride it, and will for sure be completely exhausted and not wanting to ride home. make sure someone could come help you out in case of disaster.

I don't think I'd ride all the way to HPR, but I'm < 20 miles from IMI and could get bailed out if things went really wrong. I'm kind of hesitant to put a trailer hitch on my Civic, although it certainly would be doable. I'm going to get a set of full leathers before I do any tracking regardless so I'm not too worried about that, just what I need for the bike.