PDA

View Full Version : NFL Football Pool

jrthomas6
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 10:11 AM
If anyone is interested, I run an NFL Football Pool every season through CBS Sports Online. This will be my 13th season running it.

To play: You pick a winner from every game each week and then rank the games 1-16 (this changes during bye weeks). You put the higher points (16, 15, etc.) on the games you're most sure of, and the lesser points (1, 2, etc.) on the games you don't feel great about. If the team you picked wins, you get those points. If they lose, you don't get any points. Whoever has the most points at the end of the week wins 80% of the pot. The 2nd place finisher gets 20%.

In addition to the weekly pots, there is also an Overall Pool. Your scores from each week are added up and at the end of the season I pay out the top five spots for the season scores. So if you don't win any of the weekly pots, but you score fairly consistently each week, you have a chance at winning something at the end of the season. Last years Overall winner took home $300.

Cost is $46, due before the first game of the season. That's $2 per week, $10 for the Overall and $2 Admin Fee.

Email me at: jeffrey.thomas@cigna.com or send me a PM if you're interested or want additional details. It's a good time, and good for bragging rights with your buddies.

jrthomas6
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I can also send out the link to anyone interested if you'd like to check out the site before commiting.