PDA

View Full Version : Coloradoan to coach upcoming season of T.U.F.

~Barn~
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 02:41 PM
For those who hadn't heard yet, heavyweight mixed-martial artist Shane Carwin will be coaching against Roy "Big Country" Nelson for the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Carwin is Colorado native, who's attended both Western State and The Colorado School of Mines. He's also a former UFC Heavyweight Interim Champion.

Roy and Shane will be coaching Welterweights during this season, but will face one another on the Finale show, scheduled for December 15th (barring any injuries, of course). I'm actually a pretty big fan of both of these guys, but it'll be hard to root against a Colorado son. Should be an exciting season though, and hopefully a great finale!

More info can be found here (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/32-Welterweights-Revealed-for-Sept-14-TUF-16-Debut-Carwin-Nelson-Meet-at-Dec-15-Finale-45285).

maktastik_jr.
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM
haha one of my coworkers used to cut shane carwins grass. said he is a pretty cool guy.

~Barn~
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM
haha one of my coworkers used to cut shane carwins grass. said he is a pretty cool guy.

Word. From all the interviews and TV appearances I've seen of him, he seems like a very humble and down-to-earth dude. Of course Roy is the "Everymans Champ", and pretty hard to dislike, himself. I might have to cheer for him just because he has a gut! :lol:

But really, they're absolutely two of the most durable HWs that the UFC has had in awhile. Unless I'm mistaken, I think they're the only (2) fighters to take the current champ, Junior do Santos, to a decision.

bulldog
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Repost: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47234&highlight=Ultimate+Fighter

bulldog
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Although I can always talk MMA :lol:

haha one of my coworkers used to cut shane carwins grass. said he is a pretty cool guy. I had the privledge of meeting him briefly a while back through a friend and he is a really cool guy; very quite and bigger in person than on TV. Coolest part is he picked on my giant friend who never gets picked on because his size :lol:

Carwin is still really hurt from his back injuries so I really am keeping my fingers crossed he gets to fight Roy. Either way I don't think we will see much of Shane fighting in the future.

maktastik_jr.
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Word. From all the interviews and TV appearances I've seen of him, he seems like a very humble and down-to-earth dude. Of course Roy is the "Everymans Champ", and pretty hard to dislike, himself. I might have to cheer for him just because he has a gut! :lol:

But really, they're absolutely two of the most durable HWs that the UFC has had in awhile. Unless I'm mistaken, I think they're the only (2) fighters to take the current champ, Junior do Santos, to a decision.

i actually used to train at nate marquardts gym and got to meet him a few times. he was SUPER cool. most humble person youve ever met. he actually shook my hand and bowed. i almost shat myself. im sure you all know, the guy who got beaten by Roy in TUF in the final fight, Brendan Shaub used to train at my same gym time to time. so i was super pissed when he lost. i also ran into george st pierre at texas de brazil last fall. he was super nice too. its like once you reach super stardom in mma, your cocky badass ego goes away. those guys dont have anything to prove. they know that could kill just about any average punk out there so they dont care. some of the nicest people i have ever met

bulldog
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM
i actually used to train at nate marquardts gym and got to meet him a few times. he was SUPER cool. most humble person youve ever met. he actually shook my hand and bowed. i almost shat myself. im sure you all know, the guy who got beaten by Roy in TUF in the final fight, Brendan Shaub used to train at my same gym time to time. so i was super pissed when he lost. i also ran into george st pierre at texas de brazil last fall. he was super nice too. its like once you reach super stardom in mma, your cocky badass ego goes away. those guys dont have anything to prove. they know that could kill just about any average punk out there so they dont care. some of the nicest people i have ever met Nice! I am Brendan's biggest fan!!! :D Met him too and super nice guy and saw no indication of him thinking he was better than anyone; even picked up my check for dinner when I was about to pay. Actually how I got to meet Shane; Brendan's brother is one of my best friends. Met the guy before his brother was one the Ultimate Fighter show so got to follow Brendan's career since day one.

Nate is the reason Bendan is into MMA! Shane and Nate took Brendan under their wing when he was in the NFL. Brendan is now training in CA though :(

maktastik_jr.
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Nice! I am Brendan's biggest fan!!! :D Met him too and super nice guy and saw no indication of him thinking he was better than anyone; even picked up my check for dinner when I was about to pay. Actually how I got to meet Shane; Brendan's brother is one of my best friends. Met the guy before his brother was one the Ultimate Fighter show so got to follow Brendan's career since day one.

Nate is the reason Bendan is into MMA! Shane and Nate took Brendan under their wing when he was in the NFL. Brendan is now training in CA though :(
yeah thats a bummer. :/ im super bummed that i cant afford to train at nates gym anymore. 140 miles of driving everyday just doesnt cut it. nate and his staff at the gym are some of the friendliest, most kind people in the business. if anybody on the forum wanted to do some training i would definitely reccomend High Altitude Martial Arts. worth every penny i spent training there.

bulldog
Thu Aug 30th, 2012, 03:30 PM
yeah thats a bummer. :/ im super bummed that i cant afford to train at nates gym anymore. 140 miles of driving everyday just doesnt cut it. nate and his staff at the gym are some of the friendliest, most kind people in the business. if anybody on the forum wanted to do some training i would definitely reccomend High Altitude Martial Arts. worth every penny i spent training there.
Yeah, but he still comes back to Denver to train when he can, but sucks he moved.

Did you see that Nate is now Strikeforce champion! if you didn't catch that fight check it out; was awesome.

Hopefully Nate gets back into UFC soon. Brendan is trying to fight Lavar Johnson on December 8th; free Fox card :up:

Took on Monday; you recognize these guys he is training with now! Petis is another one of my favorites; guess he is a super nice guy they say too. Like you said, seems like most of them are
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/bulldog420/PetisSchaubandMunoz.jpg