PDA

View Full Version : CSC Track School - August 19th

«TigerTamer»
Mon Aug 15th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Apparently a number of people had the impression that this was a track day that was open to all CSC members, unfortunately,

THIS IS NOT A FREE TRACK DAY

This is a track "SCHOOL".

It was open to 40 participants that had to pay a fee to participate.

CSC members are more than welcome to come and watch, hang out, show their support, etc., but track use will be limited to those participating in the school.

I`m Batman
Tue Aug 16th, 2005, 03:58 PM
wouldn't it be funny if everyone that ever signed up for CSC showed up at the track? :lol: aren't there like 2000+ peeps or something?

Sparker
Tue Aug 16th, 2005, 04:07 PM
is there gonna be some kinda signin sheet or anything of that nature?

«TigerTamer»
Tue Aug 16th, 2005, 07:59 PM
I have a list of names.................and a 12-gauge for enforcement.

Actually, there will be some type of sign-in/roll-call/attendence-taker or something of the sort

I`m Batman
Tue Aug 16th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Actually, there will be some type of sign-in/roll-call/attendence-taker or something of the sort

cool, just like middle school! :D

RockMtnBusa
Wed Aug 17th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Now that we know who is going to be there, and able to ride, and the instructors have a string to know what will be expected of them...

What group might I expect to be placed in?

While this will be my first time on a track :D will I be expected to sit through the beginners group? I'm not too proud (I'll pay my dues as a NOOB :cry: ) I just don't want to ride the whole day in that group as I know I can hold my own and will want to move up. I think Bueller might vouch for me as I have ridden with him many times out of Morrison. Maybe one too many :lol: .

Are there any thoughts on how you are grouping people into the brackets, and based upon the ridders signed up how many will be in each group? Depending upon the number in the group and the instructor, it may not matter what group I'm in. After all, all this is about for me is improving my skills as a ridder.

BTW did you actually volunteer for this duty or are you just a masochist? :P

In keeping with the nature of this string will the track be open after 5:00 for us and or will others then be allowed to get on track?

Really looking forward to spending the day meeting new friends and just having a great time.

Thanks, Mark

Bueller
Wed Aug 17th, 2005, 05:34 AM
I will vouch for Mark as a skilled rider, but I don't think you should worry about not getting enough track time. It is probably 2-3 times more effort to ride a track over the street, not to mention your riding the Bus? Just bring enough Advil. In my experiance people tend want to start in the slower groups for the first go around, so just choose one of the faster more confident groups, (fast street). I am pretty sure the track will be closed at 5, but I really doubt you'll care, my bet is that from 4:00- 5:00 the track will probably be almost empty anyway.

RockMtnBusa
Wed Aug 17th, 2005, 07:39 AM
I know I'll be tired but didn't want to totally steal the string.

Yes, I swore I would never take her to the track but since I made the cut after being 13th on the alternate list I just had to come out.

See ya there

«TigerTamer»
Wed Aug 17th, 2005, 07:41 AM
I think there are a number of us (maybe I shouldn't include myself in that - what do ya think Gramps) that can hold our own on the streets, but have never ridden the track.

I'm sure track riding will be a completely new challenge for us, but I think Lurch said once before that as the day goes on, and as we get better and faster, we will have the opportunity to jump in with the faster groups if we want.

I think to start out, everyone that has never ridden the track is going to start out with the track basics - Lurch, jump in here anytime...