PDA

View Full Version : Average fees for having someone remove, mount, balance and re-install tires?

David
Mon Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Hey guys,

The title pretty much covers it. I'm looking for an average price around town for having someone do this. I am actually curious about what the legitimate costs would be, but the main reason I am interested is because I want to (ok fine... "need to" could also be an accurate statement) justify the costs of gearing up my garage to the family accountant.

Thanks,
-David

TFOGGuys
Mon Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
We're at $29.99 each on bike with tire purchase, $40.99 if you bring your own tires. Off bike, it's 12.99 and $25.99, respectively.

longrider
Mon Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM
At Fay Myers it is $30 with purchase, I am not sure of the without purchase price

cutfromabove
Mon Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Free with purchase at Colorado Powersports

duckhnter83
Mon Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
I have come to notice by shopping around the guys who arre free with purchase just up the price of there tires to cover the costs. Just my 2 cents. I paid 25.99 to mount a rear tire on bike last time I had one put on.

ATL
Mon Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Wish I would've known this...
-Chris

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
Wish I would've known this...
-Chris

Like duck said its in the tire price.

madvlad
Mon Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:46 PM
No such thing as free, all a sales pitch.

Matt
Tue Sep 4th, 2012, 06:17 AM
A friend bought a tire machine and balancer 7 or 8 years ago. He charges $15 per wheel (off the bike) to mount and balance, plus $2.50 tire disposal. He's changed my last 10 sets of tires. He's also changed a lot of friend's tires over the years. He easily paid for his tire changing equipment the first summer he bought it.

If you bought a tire machine and balancer, you could recoup your costs quickly. You have to be competent and treat everyone's wheel like its your own. If you're going to remove the wheel from the bike, you'll also have to invest in various tools to work on all the different models. You'll also have to worry about people you don't know hanging around your house and the occasional pissed off customer.

Sport_Toorer
Tue Sep 4th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I bring my wheels into Co Powersports and recall paying about $25 per wheel.

nicklk
Wed Sep 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Just had Fay Myers do mine, with it on the bike, it was $40

Got a new front Michelin Power Pilot for $140 OTD :cool:

Scer
Wed Sep 5th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Not really in town but since this is for surveying purposes I will throw our info in the mix:

$20/wheel on bike. Tires bought from us or not.
$10/wheel off bike. You bring the tire.
Free/wheel if you buy tire from us.

No we don't hike up the tire process either. Reason being is because we are mainly a race shop and street business is not our main staple. Plus, our shop has changed over 30,000 motorcycle tires already. It's really not that hard and doesn't take long. So why charge an arm and a leg!?!

PM if you want any tire price to compare.

Ride on ridas

David
Thu Sep 6th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Thank you all for the input.

tstevens
Thu Sep 6th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Not really in town but since this is for surveying purposes I will throw our info in the mix:

$20/wheel on bike. Tires bought from us or not.
$10/wheel off bike. You bring the tire.
Free/wheel if you buy tire from us.

No we don't hike up the tire process either. Reason being is because we are mainly a race shop and street business is not our main staple. Plus, our shop has changed over 30,000 motorcycle tires already. It's really not that hard and doesn't take long. So why charge an arm and a leg!?!

PM if you want any tire price to compare.

Ride on ridas

Didn't know you guys were in Loveland! Damn!

siscolee
Fri Sep 7th, 2012, 01:25 AM
GO to TFOG these guys have the best prices on tires and and best service, I believe they will beat anyone else's tire prices and the service is the best in town they just did my front and my rear a little while ago

redmyst
Mon Apr 1st, 2013, 08:41 AM
Sun Honda charged me 40.00 per tire to mount and balance when I took them my Metzlers..

Come to find out Colorado power sports would have purchased the tires I wanted and mounted for free..
Even though I ride a honda I am switching my shop to colorado powersports on 104th as they just rock..

Got my new helmet there and they actually spend time with you getting it fitted right and making sure its the correct helmet with the right cheek pads..

Hi11Zone
Sun Jul 13th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Great sujestions and prices i just don't have a truck to go to loveland im scared my tire will pop..

Slo
Wed Jul 30th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Trust is a big factor....care for your wheels and the customer service. For years, I have run my wheels over to Jim at TFOG and he is on the opposite end of town for me.

mcarthd26
Wed Jul 30th, 2014, 09:25 AM
As far as tire prices it is impossible to beat Let it Ride, just off of Carr and colfax. I go through a set of q3's every two weeks and I've called/checked every shop within 50 miles. It's also a great shop for everything else, knowledgable staff that actually cares and wants to help. Peak Performance Powersports is next door, Connor and Sev do good work. I'm not positive about tire changing prices as I change my own. Tell your wife the investment will easily pay for itself.

Skitz
Wed Jul 30th, 2014, 09:59 AM
If you're further East in Aurora, I usually take my things to Aurora Honda. 25$ a wheel as long as it's off the bike. Really swell employees there.

#1Townie
Wed Jul 30th, 2014, 01:12 PM
No such thing as free, all a sales pitch.

This.

j0ker
Wed Jul 30th, 2014, 01:44 PM

I talked to Aaron in service in Boulder and he said this hasn't been true for a few years now.