PDA

View Full Version : Will the Broncos be worth a damn this year?

grim
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Discuss the question, state your opinion, and explain.

longrider
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
If I had to choose I would take MotoGP over football but I do enjoy the Broncos and think it will be a good year

AOK303
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM
the broncos will be just above 500
and will loose the opener by 10

madvlad
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I think they're a solid team and will do good. They'll get better as time progresses and sync up.... Moto GP also has a special place but I'm a sports nut so GO BRONCOS!

~Barn~
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 09:10 PM
This thread is about Boise State, right?

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/boise2.jpg

madvlad
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
This thread is about Boise State, right?

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/boise2.jpg

Barn for prez, win, /thread!

madvlad
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 09:44 PM
the broncos will be above 500
and will win the opener by 12

Fixed! :D

Chaos
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Well seeing as how it said "loose" in the first place. I'm going to say the Broncos will tight the game by 12!

AOK303
Sun Sep 9th, 2012, 10:49 PM
LOL that is what happens cause google voice SUCKS!!!! it uses what ever word it wants

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I really enjoyed the chess match between Manning and Troy Polomoppyhair down by the goal line in the 4th.

madvlad
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I really enjoyed the chess match between Manning and Troy Polomoppyhair down by the goal line in the 4th.

Talk about punk'd lol... you could see the frustration when he put his hands on his waist, can imagine him saying "seriously?!" Haha

Ghosty
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Awesome game, against a really good team, and #1 Defense (well last year). I expected much worse. Our D had some issues letting Cheezelburger make too many important 3rd down completions, I hope we work on that all this week before Atlanta! Otherwise, the runback, the interception, and those last three sacks were just icing, nice! Manning looking solid, confident, and accurate, no bumbling, love it!

Vitesse
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Definitely the biggest surprise of week 1 for me. For the first time in a long time I'm excited to see how Denver does this year. It's amazing what a difference a real leader makes for a team.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I got the NFL package with my DirecTV install and spent the day finishing up our move instead of seeing the game. I did Tebow, I mean Tivo, errrr... DVR it. ;)

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Tuesday is half over and no one has brought up the "game" yet?

Cornfed
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 11:17 AM
If I had to choose I would take MotoGP over football but I do enjoy the Broncos and think it will be a good year

Although I tend to agree, none of my boys, Nicky, Colin, Spies and Rossi, are doing worth a shit. Its kinda like watching the Broncos. You know they have talent, in fact they have been world champions at one time, but they just cant seem to get it done.

Oh ya, and Barn for president!

Ghosty
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Bronco's D fucked me royally last night. NEGATIVE ONE POINT on fantasy, cost me the game. Like an idiot I played my hometeam instead of my Patriots D who are benched. Learned my lesson, ugh.

grim
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Bronco's D fucked me royally last night. NEGATED ONE POINT on fantasy, cost me the game. Like an idiot I played my hometeam instead of my Patriots D who are benched. Learned my lesson, ugh.

Way to make it all about you....selfish bit:lol:

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Tuesday is half over and no one has brought up the "game" yet?
I don't wanna talk about it.

:zap:

Ghosty
Wed Sep 19th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Way to make it all about you....selfish bit:lol:
Heheh! Horrible pass coverage, turnovers galore, all so painful to watch. It was like the Falcons had our gameplan already figured out to a tee.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
the, "sucks early" and "late game comeback" are awfully reminiscent of the Tebow season

except for the lack of Ws

madvlad
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Stopped watching today about 2 mins into 2nd quarter...

Ghosty
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Just damn painful to watch, ugh. Saved a little face with last 10-minute hustle and scores, but wasn't enough. Our D was asleep all day.

Nooch
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:22 AM
The Broncos have some work to do still, Peyton Manning isnt some magical unicorn capable of single-handedly saving the team and taking them to the playoffs. I'm not a Colorado native and the Broncos are my "second team" but I'm kinda shocked at how so many Bronco fans think this year they are going to the super bowl. Most Bronco fans seem pretty oblivious to the bigger picture. Decker and Thomas both admitted just a few months ago during the offseason that they never really learned their routes last season playing with Tebow. That kind of thing doesn't correct itself quickly and certainly not when you bring a new quarterback into the mix. Let alone they are learning a whole new vocabulary now and new signals for the no-huddle offense. I predict there will be a few big games and exciting wins this season, but the Broncos probably won't be a miracle team this season. I do enjoy watching Manning do his thing though!

Ghosty
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:44 AM
ALL the frickin' Tebow worshippers are out in full force of course, blabbing their anti-Manning mouth diahrrea all week and especially last night and today, ugh. That's almost as painful as the game was.

salsashark
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:46 AM
^^ Yeah... because Tebow's performance has been stellar so far this season :lol:

It's crap like this that has made me happy I bowed out of my fantasy football leagues. Now, I don't have to pay any attention!

dirkterrell
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
It's a long season in the NFL, and the Broncos have lost by a touchdown each to two of the better teams in the league. I don't see any need to panic. They have a very good coaching staff and will make adjustments. The main thing will be to stay healthy (and note that they are missing perhaps their best downfield linebacker in D.J. Williams).

Ghosty
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Agree to a point, about two very good opponents. But they also need to seal up that Swiss Cheese defense some more.

Airreed
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Minus the safety in the first quarter the passing defense was really soft...on a positive note note Texas and atlanta are considered #1 and 2 in the power rankings.
Bring on the Raiders next week...the 'refs are going to have their hands full!!!!

derekm
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 07:18 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/schaub-hit-9-23-12.gif

derekm
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Minus the safety in the first quarter the passing defense was really soft...on a positive note note Texas and atlanta are considered #1 and 2 in the power rankings.
Bring on the Raiders next week...the 'refs are going to have their hands full!!!!
+1 gonna throw car batteries to make up for the oakland AA tossers.

Ghosty
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Fuck the Raiders, hate them and their GHETTO ass fans, AND all the gay cars around Denver with Raiders shit on them.

LOL @ Schaub's clock getting cleaned, ouch!

bluedogok
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 08:56 PM
ALL the frickin' Tebow worshippers are out in full force of course, blabbing their anti-Manning mouth diahrrea all week and especially last night and today, ugh. That's almost as painful as the game was.
I only heard one guy say something about Tebow a row in front of me and a few seats down, I think he may have been half joking by the reaction of the people around him. Unlike last year's Cincinnati game when Orton was still starting :puke:

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 07:51 PM
This is so pathetic that all I can do is laugh... A new team, blah blah whatever you want to call it.... Just pathetic, its like they don't learn anything. I don't see the Broncos going anywhere for quite sometime.

kingtut
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I am none too happy right now. The whole team is out of whack.

mdub
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 07:57 PM
guy sooo excited ....trips over own feet...dang et 7pts bye bye....lets give the ball back too

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I changed the channel, call me a fair weather fan I don't care, $98 million for this shit plus the team indirectly quitting on him? The line is not even close to buying him time, you see this whole unit and its just like more of a each man for himself... Come on now, I feel bad for all the fans that paid ridiculous $$$ for season tickets. Two turnovers in the first 6 mins, then an underthrown ball by a mile and though a great interception but then the spike? Not a touchdown idiot, matter of fact you have NO POINTS on the board, instead you cost the offense precious yards that are being damn hard to gain as is.... unreal. Again I understand there's off games, yada yada yada but this is too much. Is like they're getting worse instead of improving.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Gettin worse as the season goes on.

At least there will be a lot of Sundays free for riding

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Fall on the fuckin ball dumbass

Can't remember the last time I saw as many mental and execution errors.

And there 's a defensive TD....

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Broncos have moments of brilliance man, just don't see why common sense plays like the not falling on top of that fumble and letting it slide through and such are a hard concept to grasp... Great run there though for the defensive TD. Dumervil stepping up huge, just wish Broncos could progress from moments of brilliance into positive consistency.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM
So you're back? Nothing else on?

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 08:53 PM
So you're back? Nothing else on?

Unfortunately not but figured I can't turn my back on the team whether they do good or bad gotta be there, just ain't right lol... Frustration sucks lol but anyways

~Barn~
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Just tuned in and their within 3pts. You guys do realize that each game is 4 quarters long, right? :lol:

Don't mistake your A.D.D. for the fact that the Broncos aren't going to start every game with a 49 point lead and slowly walk away. ;)

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I dont expect that obviously though man it'd be awesome to have 49 points on the board in the first half lol...

grim
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Nice throw Phillip!!!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Just tuned in and their within 3pts. You guys do realize that each game is 4 quarters long, right? :lol:

Don't mistake your A.D.D. for the fact that the Broncos aren't going to start every game with a 49 point lead and slowly walk away. ;)

You missed the beginning where the ended the half down 24-0

~Barn~
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Who would have thought the "comeback football" of yesteryear's Tebow Broncos would be the M.O. of this year's Manning Broncos. Oh wait.... :idea:

It was exciting for me last year, because Tebow was an unknown entity who intrigued me, because I respected his competitiveness (sp?) and unrelenting self drive. I can imagine that this season can be perceived as frustrating because of the expectations of a "known" in P. Manning. But hey... I've played team sports my entire life; I know the routine.

The only thing that would make this game better for me, was if it were Tebow marching them. But hey... I won't hate on Manning just because.

Here's to their comeback victory tonight. :cheers:
Don't touch that dial!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Seriously, if you scripted this shit in a movie, people wouldn't believe it

grim
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Baaaahahahahaha nice throw again Phillip!!!!!!!

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Lol all of us here are apeechless... Funny how Tebow was highly critized for these type of finishes lol

grim
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Lol all of us here are apeechless... Funny how Tebow was highly critized for these type of finishes lol

Tebow wasn't calling plays on the field and adjusting they way manning is.

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Not comparing at all, just saying lol dont want to start a holy war here... Just find the irony of it funny

~Barn~
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Tebow wasn't calling plays on the field and adjusting they way manning is.

Yes he was.

grim
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:36 PM
So did Rivers show up to today's game to play for the chargers or the broncos?

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Glad the Broncos are shutting me up now, hope they can start more like this in the future.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Unbelievable - am so eating crow right now

The Black Knight
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Oh I love seeing a beating handed out like this.. Denver is doin em dirty right now!!!

~Barn~
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:41 PM
The scary part, is that the game still isn't over yet. A quick score and a recovered on-side, and....

grim
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:44 PM
The scary part, is that the game still isn't over yet. A quick score and a recovered on-side, and....

I won't hold my breath Rivers is proving he can't handle the pressure.

grim
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Holy face mask!!

Good fuckin game, I don't like talking about the games and keep my opinion to myself but imagine what the score would have been of the broncos showed up for the first half and not just the second half.

~Barn~
Well... that or you could give some of the credit to the Bronco D-. But yeah... now it's a wrap.

TinkerinWstuff
Dummerville handed Harris his ass over and over

grim
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Dummerville handed Harris his ass over and over

:yes: Evertime I saw him get past him I'd start laughing my ass off knowing what was coming he was def putting the pressure on.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Cry me a river Rivers :cry:

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM
The game was turned around all cause of the D for sure, they stepped up huge!

The Black Knight
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:57 PM

I won't hold my breath Rivers is proving he can't handle the pressure.

Holy face mask!!

Good fuckin game, I don't like talking about the games and keep my opinion to myself but imagine what the score would have been of the broncos showed up for the first half and not just the second half.

Well... that or you could give some of the credit to the Bronco D-. But yeah... now it's a wrap.
Yeah Rivers hasn't been the best under pressure in the past. He's a great QB but that "it" factor for being able to handle big pressure has always eluded him.

It's about time our D-Fens showed up. They've been sucking hind tit most of the season. We've had too many plays with blown coverages. Seems like they try to nut up and bring it in the 2nd half of most games. Least this time everything fell together and Peyton was able to go in there like a Boss and break off San Diego one score at a time.

What a great game, glad I stuck around after half time to finish watching an epic comeback. Was about ready to pull the eject lever after that dismal 1st half showing.

Repsol a095
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah, Baby! Manning and Decker just helped me win fantasy!!

Chaos
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Haha.....Rivers sucking ass helped me win in both my leagues!! (both my opponents had Rivers) And I had a narrow lead coming into tonight

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah, Baby! Manning and Decker just helped me win fantasy!!

This will be the topic of talk at work from minute one tomorrow lol

Ghosty
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Colorado Native and lifelong Broncos fan. Nice comeback boys, now let's see that shit every week. Not just the second half.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Carter and Harris read Rivers like a children's book tonight. ;)

dirkterrell
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Carter and Harris read Rivers like a children's book tonight. ;)

:lol:

I don't think I've seen a collapse like that since that '92 Bills-Oilers playoff game. I was very impressed with Carter's play. If the defense can continue to improve and become dominant like that week after week, and with Manning on the other side of the ball gelling with his receivers, the Broncos could go very deep into the playoffs. Crucial will be keeping McGahee healthy. They need to start jumping out on teams so they can keep him rested for late in the year.

madvlad
Sun Oct 28th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Now that's a different Broncos we are seeing here today, I am amazed at how much better the team looks. Hopefully they can start like that a lot more often now :yes:

kingtut
Sun Oct 28th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Ha ha, kind of boring even. So hard to please...

madvlad
Sun Oct 28th, 2012, 09:29 PM
lol yea I thought Brees would put up more of a close game for sure but hell SD lost so Broncos are first now so boring and all but I'll take it lol

bluedogok
Sun Oct 28th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I like this kind of "boring"

madvlad
Sun Oct 28th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I like this kind of "boring"

Your wish may come true since most the games they have from this point forward with the exception of Baltimore is relatively easy if they continue to play like this.... then again I can't say cause there's been a lot of upsets but statistically saying lol

dirkterrell
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Susan and I went to the game last night. I never cease to be amazed at the speed of the game at this level these days. That catch over the middle that Thomas made early was impressive to see. I was thinking "damn he's fast" and then he accelerated at the end to make the catch. The defense looked good but still some mistakes that Brees, uncharacteristically, couldn't take advantage of. If the defense continues to improve, I think they'll have a good shot at going to New Orleans come February.

madvlad
Sun Nov 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Broncos choosing a great time to start fucking up.... *sighs*

Ghosty
Sun Nov 4th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Bengals are an awesome team. I think the Broncos proved themselves a lot more today, especially our D! Grats boys, you did good.

The Black Knight
Sun Nov 11th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Denver's defense is just beasting it up hardcore today.

Ghosty
Sun Nov 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Yep, the Orange Crush living up to it's namesake today for sure. Carolina offense lookin' like a joke.

madvlad
Sun Nov 11th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Yea defense definitely stepped it up hardcore, however the fumbles were starting to worry me again, hopefully they won't find their way back in them. Overall a good and solid job though, they're looking like a unit more and more each game.

derekm
Sun Nov 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
was that the first offense fumble recovery of the season?

longrider
Sun Nov 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I am surprised no one has commented about the game yet! While 2 touchdowns in 3:15 is not impossible I really dont see it happening. You know, I like a 3 game lead in the division...

madvlad
Sun Nov 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Its over now lol... Our defense stepped up hardcore yet again!

salsashark
Sun Nov 18th, 2012, 05:58 PM
After years of watching a Bronco defense that was the laughing stock of the NFL, it's hard to know what to think about this season... it's all so "new" :lol:

Whatever it is, I like it!

Chaos
Sun Nov 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I'm liking what I'm seeing. Not sure if I'm wanting them to make the SB this year, deep in the playoffs? sure, but......I'm looking at it like a tune up season. Broncos SB 48 Champs!! :D

madvlad
Sun Nov 18th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I'd love to see the Broncos champs before I leave Denver that's for sure! Hopefully it happens

Ghosty
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 09:08 AM
After years of watching a Bronco defense that was the laughing stock of the NFL... Whatever it is, I like it!
Von Miller is kicking major ass, love to watch the Orange Crush live up to the name finally, plus our O-Line giving Peyton a couple seconds to find targets. And remember those first losses this season was against TOUGH teams, and a couple were pretty close. Overall, I'm very happy with what we're seeing. Go Manning/McGahee/Decker/Thomas/Miller/Stokely/Williams/Dumerville, Bailey, Prater, Holliday, etc. Lookin' great!

dirkterrell
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Von Miller is kicking major ass,

And the nice thing is that when teams try to double up on Miller, Dumervil is coming from the other side. With teams worried about those guys on the corners, it's really going to open up blitzes on the inside (read D.J. Williams now that he's back).

FZRguy
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Just heard McGahee is out 6-8 weeks with a torn MCL.

madvlad
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 03:09 PM
That's no bueno...

Ghosty
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Just heard McGahee is out 6-8 weeks with a torn MCL.
SHIT! Oh well, the rest of 'em better step up. Hope opposing teams don't try to take too much advantage, we'll see. He's the definition of a "workhorse"!

mdub
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 03:51 PM
the rest of their scheduel dont look too difficult...cept for the bucaneers..

madvlad
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Well KC is giving us hell man, I can't believe Prater has missed two now which were relatively easy on distance for him. Their running game is killing us right now too

~Barn~
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I think the Broncos traditionally have a difficult time playing in KC. Prater will probably end up kicking a game-winner at some point. :lol:

madvlad
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I think the Broncos traditionally have a difficult time playing in KC. Prater will probably end up kicking a game-winner at some point. :lol:

Yea true there but their record sucks so what's the excuse? Those 6 points could mean the game you know?

Vance
Mon Nov 26th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Yea true there but their record sucks so what's the excuse? Those 6 points could mean the game you know?

I think Brady Quinn was looking for a little payback.

Ghosty
Mon Nov 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM
No excuses, KC actually showed up to play! Made for a good game though, not a blowout like everyone jinxed us beforehand. Thankfully Moreno could actually fill McGahee's roll also, talk about huge that injury is, and for the rest of regular season, ugh.

Hopefully Moreno can continue to look decent at least, we don't wanna be stuck just relying on our receivers and no running game.

madvlad
Mon Nov 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Yea Moreno definitely stepped up, if he keeps that up he'll be guaranteed a spot once Mcgahee is done. Hopefully he won't be done anytime soon though

derekm
Mon Nov 26th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Yea Moreno definitely stepped up, if he keeps that up he'll be guaranteed a spot once Mcgahee is done. Hopefully he won't be done anytime soon though
+2!!!!

madvlad
Sun Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Ummmm what kind of game are we playing because sure as hell aint football :wtf:

Jmetz
Sun Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:27 PM
We're watching soccer waiting for you to show up.

madvlad
Sun Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
We're watching soccer waiting for you to show up.

I will never believe that :lol:... I told you guys I wasn't there lol

Chaos
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I would be content with a 2-14 season as long as the 2 wins were against the raiders! Good thing this year we're 10-3 and swept them!! and the chargers too! (most likely we'll sweep the division :D )

madvlad
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 09:39 PM
The raiders D stepped up huge and stopped tons of points there. These rivalry games always end up pretty interesting. Good win Broncos, it's going to be a good-a friday!

Ghosty
Fri Dec 7th, 2012, 09:45 AM
SICK! 2nd quarter, Raiders stepped up a bit, otherwise nope. On to the Ravens, tough. If we win we get that bye week which can be good or bad. Good for resting up and avoiding a loss, but bad for slacking, building overconfidence, losing steam. Probably more good than bad though.

Can't wait to see that game, an actual good game, not a blowout I'm sure. All this coming week, they're gonna examine exactly all the best ways to break through our O-line and pressure Manning to make mistakes, or stifle Moreno. They're also gonna try to figure out how to keep Miller, Dumerville, & Williams in check. Ravens aint no slouches.

madvlad
Fri Dec 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM
SICK! 2nd quarter, Raiders stepped up a bit, otherwise nope. On to the Ravens, tough. If we win we get that bye week which can be good or bad. Good for resting up and avoiding a loss, but bad for slacking, building overconfidence, losing steam. Probably more good than bad though.

Can't wait to see that game, an actual good game, not a blowout I'm sure. They're gonna examine exactly all the best ways to break through our O-line and pressure Manning to make mistakes, or stifle Moreno. They're also gonna try to figure out how to keep Miller, Dumerville, & Williams in check. Ravens aint no slouches.

Mainly with Lewis back on the line up, Baltimore is a completely different team whenever Ray Lewis is back on the line.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Dec 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
"Manning is putting on a clinic." Best quote of the night. :D

longrider
Fri Dec 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
No, the best quote was "Being Mannings quarterback coach is like being Supermans strength coach" :)

Ghosty
Fri Dec 7th, 2012, 12:57 PM
No, the best quote was "Being Mannings quarterback coach is like being Supermans strength coach" :)
Hahaa, yeah I loved that one.

Speaking of, I really liked last nights two commentators, some of the best I've listened to all season. The usual dozen or so (Sunday games) commentators are gettin' old, don't like many of them, and the same old tired comments reused for years.

Side-note, I know it wasn't live for me, but I DVR'd the game for the first hour, then started watching from the beginning, entire game with NO COMMERCIALS. Forward through all timeouts, breaks, halftime, etc. Awesome! *nerd*

madvlad
Sun Dec 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
So I have a question and though I follow the game well but I don't understand all these technicalities and crap lol.... so with the win today we get the bye we wanted to? or how is this working out cause the announcers are confusing the shit out of me with all their rambling lol

bluedogok
Sun Dec 16th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Not yet, the Texans and Patriots both have a head-to-head win over the Broncos. If the Broncos are tied with either team, they have the bye. If one of them were to have one more loss, then the Broncos would move up into the #2 slot and get the bye. If the Broncos win out and the Patriots lose one or Texans lose two, the Broncos would get the bye.

madvlad
Sun Dec 16th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I see, well Texans just won so boo! Hopefully the 49ers win Lol but well 11-3 for the Broncos I will say is way more than what many of us were expecting. :up:

bluedogok
Sun Dec 16th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Me too, and looking real good in the process. The best hope for the two seed is a Pats loss. It could happen but they have been playing real well as of late. Here are the remaining schedules.

New England
San Francisco
at Jax
Miami

Houston
Minnesota
at Indy

Tonight is the best opportunity for a NE loss but Miami has surprised the Pats in the past.

Ghosty
Sun Dec 16th, 2012, 05:10 PM
The few actual GOOD teams we started out on weren't blowouts, Manning needed some "warm-up" real games, and the team allowed to gel under new offensive look. Looks like they got it together, haha.

madvlad
Sun Dec 16th, 2012, 07:06 PM
We're a contender for sure. Loved that hurdle jump over #20 that Moreno had lol... 49ers able to hold off Brady so far, hopefully they'll come out with the win.

madvlad
Sun Dec 16th, 2012, 08:47 PM
31-3 49ers, I'm liking this lol :D.... Spoke too soon though and man do I hate the Pats dude... Unreal.

Ghosty
Mon Dec 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM
We're a contender for sure. Loved that hurdle jump over #20 that Moreno had lol...
That was badass! Good way to get a serious groin or other injury, very brave. Coaches were probably grimicing hard when they saw that! You saw how tall that defender was, he wasn't crouching or on the ground, he almost stood up!

Mostly NY friends so NY fan (Giants & Yanks), along with that comes a development of hate of all Boston teams over the last couple decades (except creamy hot clam chowder). Eff Brady, evertime I see his face, I wanna punch it.

derekm
Mon Dec 17th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Eff Brady, evertime I see his face, I wanna punch it.
YOU TOO?

derekm
Mon Dec 17th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I've never been a colts or viks fan, until last night!!!!! GO BRONCOS!!!!Im also hoping to lock tix for browns & chiefs!

Ghosty
Mon Dec 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
YOU TOO?
Yep, same with whenever I see "Cowboys are America's Team", yeah right, BULLSHIT. But at least I have more respect for Romo than Brady. And Cowboys cheerleaders aren't too bad, hahaa.

madvlad
Mon Dec 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Fuck Brady, yes great skills but he's still a bitch lol

derekm
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 11:20 PM
(ps peeps- broncos/9'er superbowl. I know who I want to win and am still waiting for the vision quest to confirm it)

madvlad
Sun Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Well Vikings shutting down the Texans and helping us ... Sucks the Jags couldnt hold the pats but hopefully we win today to stay a game ahead and only one behind Houston :D

bluedogok
Sun Dec 23rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
The way the Texans have been playing along with Indy just finding a way to win, there is a glimmer of hope. To me the scary thing for the opposition is the Broncos still haven't played a "great game" this season.

Ghosty
Sun Dec 23rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
To me the scary thing for the opposition is the Broncos still haven't played a "great game" this season.
You're never gonna get a "near perfect great" game from the Broncos. You know the history, heh. Personally, barring any injuries, we've got a crack team going on. Everyone currently stay healthy please.

Ghosty
Wed Dec 26th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hellz to the yeah...

http://kdvr.com/2012/12/26/5-denver-broncos-named-to-pro-bowl-squad/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Sports/2012BroncosProbowl.jpg

madvlad
Wed Dec 26th, 2012, 10:31 PM
:up:

madvlad
Sun Dec 30th, 2012, 01:37 PM
How about them Colts dude, #1 seed is looking pretty close right now.

~Barn~
Sun Dec 30th, 2012, 01:41 PM
What time does Denver play their game today? It's on now... isn't it?

madvlad
Sun Dec 30th, 2012, 02:15 PM
2:30

~Barn~
Sun Dec 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Anybody out watching it, having a couple of pops? Anybody wanna?

Ghosty
Sun Dec 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Wow, that was ridiculous. The sick part of me wanted them to keep Manning in and run up the score in the 4th.

madvlad
Sun Dec 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Lol so we're waiting on whoever wins from the ravens and colts?

Ghosty
Sun Dec 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Hahahaaa, not trying to jinx it, but we already manhandled the Ravens (without Ray Lewis though, eek). Either team should be a great game!

Monster
Sun Dec 30th, 2012, 11:11 PM
we would play the lowest ranked team

madvlad
Mon Dec 31st, 2012, 05:36 AM
It'd be nuts to see the colts and broncos play lol

Ghosty
Mon Dec 31st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Manning vs. Manning, what an awesome game to watch! Plus I love this time of year when you can actually watch Broncos play some more NFC teams than usual.

derekm
Mon Dec 31st, 2012, 07:53 PM
cant find tix on ticketmaster, just the service they offer for re-sale of seatholders.... you can keep your $55 tix you have listed for 275.....

madvlad
Mon Dec 31st, 2012, 08:00 PM
You got front row seats at home for free lol

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Dec 31st, 2012, 08:56 PM
Am certain if I went back in this thread to find my early season comments, I never would have believed they would do this well.

madvlad
Mon Dec 31st, 2012, 09:23 PM
That's probably 90% of us dude lol

Grim2.0
Mon Dec 31st, 2012, 10:44 PM
The Broncos have some work to do still, Peyton Manning isnt some magical unicorn capable of single-handedly saving the team and taking them to the playoffs. I'm not a Colorado native and the Broncos are my "second team" but I'm kinda shocked at how so many Bronco fans think this year they are going to the super bowl. Most Bronco fans seem pretty oblivious to the bigger picture. Decker and Thomas both admitted just a few months ago during the offseason that they never really learned their routes last season playing with Tebow. That kind of thing doesn't correct itself quickly and certainly not when you bring a new quarterback into the mix. Let alone they are learning a whole new vocabulary now and new signals for the no-huddle offense. I predict there will be a few big games and exciting wins this season, but the Broncos probably won't be a miracle team this season. I do enjoy watching Manning do his thing though!

Insert foot into mouth

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Insert foot into mouth

In dude's defense, they haven't exactly made it to the SB just YET. :up:

They won a few more games a bit more handily and placed a couple spots higher in the AFC than last year.

Ghosty
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM
Decker and Thomas both admitted just a few months ago during the offseason that they never really learned their routes last season playing with Tebow. That kind of thing doesn't correct itself quickly and certainly not when you bring a new quarterback into the mix.
Looks like it took about three games, heheh. I knew it would take a little bit to "gel" with a brand new system. But I also had high hopes that it would indeed happen, especially Offensive genius Manning. Who could foresee how good though. Also, who knew McGahee would be so awesome, then Moreno and our killer Defense bringing back the "Orange Crush"! I love it, no "I told ya so's" here though, dude had a point back in the beginning of the season.

Jmetz
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 04:52 PM
Insert foot into mouth

Already a member decided to come back but for riding discussion purposes only.

Weird.

Grim2.0
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 05:54 PM
Weird.

Hey it's originaly my thread so shut your whore mouth. :lol:

madvlad
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM
At this rate I see the post # going back to 4k in no time

Jmetz
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM
Hey it's originaly my thread so shut your whore mouth. :lol:

:lol: :D

Grim2.0
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 06:15 PM
At this rate I see the post # going back to 4k in no time

Lol nah in too busy with the new job and chasing the kid around, as I'm typing this she's probobly drinking some drano or making a pipe bomb I'm sure.

madvlad
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 06:16 PM
Just giving you shit man, welcome back.

Airreed
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 08:10 PM
I just shelled out almost $400 for tickets for the next two games....if they lose the money goes towards next years tickets.

Drano
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Did somebody say Drano?

Clovis
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 11:15 PM
So wait, are the Broncos going to the super bowl this year?

Ghosty
Tue Jan 1st, 2013, 11:32 PM
Don't jinx it. I'd totally pay $200 for two tix for one game.

#1Townie
Thu Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
Hahahahaha grims back.

madvlad
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Looks like its the rematch with the Ravens... Ray Lewis put on a performance for sure, sucks he is done and though I am not a ravens fan at all but a Ray Lewis fan, the dedication and love for the game he still shows to the end is unrivaled... Hopefully work will be slow next saturday cause I want to watch the game lol