PDA

View Full Version : Honda Ruckus

johne303
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I've always wanted one but just can't justify myself getting one.
I ran across this ad on craigslist. The guy wanted $6000! I know it's modified but WOW.
$6000 is a lot of money and I could buy a wide range of motorcycles for that money. Is it really worth that much?

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3234926236.html

rforsythe
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Dunno about the Ruckus, but please shrink your sig picture to something reasonable (see the FAQ) or we will adminify it for you. ;)

JKOL
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Dollars and sense, some people have too much of the former and too little of the latter. I am not the least bit surprised it is in Wash Park, the heart of the hipster douchebag community.

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 11:46 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vY8I5HvOvk8/TRJ13g9KdoI/AAAAAAAAOnY/QvLKwXE4UkI/s400/100353F.jpg

FZjake719
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
To the right person, yea they're worth quite a bit. Oddly enough, whilst aftermarket add-ons and custom work dont always add to the pricetag of a car/bike, in the Ruckus' case, it does. All the JDM fanboy sissy-lalas want them, so they can be MadTyteJDMyo and such, to get all the bitches, of course.

"if you build it, someone will be dumb enough to buy it" -Abe Lincoln.

johne303
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Dunno about the Ruckus, but please shrink your sig picture to something reasonable (see the FAQ) or we will adminify it for you. ;)

for some reason it won't shrink. I just went ahead and removed it.

grim
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 02:05 PM
for some reason it won't shrink. I just went ahead and removed it.

no you didn't :lol:

bulldog
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM
no you didn't :lol: At least now we can see the pedo bear sticker :lol:

Why people like to represent they are pedophiles is beyond me though :wtf: :dunno:

johne303
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM
no you didn't :lol:

Is it gone now?

At least now we can see the pedo bear sticker :lol:

Why people like to represent they are pedophiles is beyond me though :wtf: :dunno:

For laughs and giggles

Keyser Soze
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
For laughs and giggles

Yeah, pedophilia sure is a riot!

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Is it gone now?

For laughs and giggles
Wow. :wtf: Calling you a shithead would be too nice.

johne303
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Wow. :wtf: Calling you a shithead would be too nice.

ouch... how about public awareness?

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 09:22 AM
ouch... how about public awareness?
You represent you are a pedophile for fucking public awareness?!?!? Are you a certified idiot?

madvlad
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Scooters=fail. Save for the Z1000 lol

JKOL
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 10:17 AM
You represent you are a pedophile for fucking public awareness?!?!? Are you a certified idiot?

:lol:

grim
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Pedophilia =fail. Go directly to jail do not pass GO do not collect $200 Dollars

+1

brennahm
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Jeebus, have you guys been sucking the PMS straight out of your womens' tampons?

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Jeebus, have you guys been sucking the PMS straight out of your womens' tampons?

Seriously.

Never in the history of pedobear has it been used to state to the world that you love little children. It's a fucking meta joke.

Hot damn you people need to loosen up on the estrogen supplements.

johne303
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM

Pedophiles need love too... I represent the minority.

Scooters=fail. Save for the Z1000 lol

Still looking but i want to join a ruckus gang

johne303
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

johne303
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Seriously.

Never in the history of pedobear has it been used to state to the world that you love little children. It's a fucking meta joke.

+1

madvlad
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I had a problem with the scooter, not the pedo bear lol

grim
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Seriously.

So Pedo bear which is a bear who is obsessed with children which is joke via the internet is supposed to be funny?

Sorry but there is nothing funny about pedophilia regardless if its being done through a cartoon bear on the internet or not.

Carry on smartly.

bulldog
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 12:54 PM
So Pedo bear which is a bear who is obsessed with children which is joke via the internet is supposed to be funny?

Sorry but there is nothing funny about pedophilia regardless if its being done through a cartoon bear on the internet or not.

Carry on smartly. Funny you say that because I just had this same debate with a co-worker just now. Yeah I understand it is a internet joke, but do people really need to joke around about pedophilia to the point of putting stickers of it on a car? Do we really want to consider this a mainstream joke to make it seem ok? From everything I know about the pedo bear it was used as a icon to lure kids, as the same way as free candy was back in the day. So putting it on a car makes me think you are into "luring" kids and if something even put out a small indication of being a pedophil then I would stay clear of it :dunno: Just me though....

I am not saying this person is one, but just like rape jokes I've never seen the humor in them versus the harm it can do. Being molested can screw up a kid and just because it is funny should it really be used.

I'd say the same thing about a Chris Hanson sticker. Yeah may be funny to post that when you think it someone is with a a girl too young, but to the point of making stickers I am not so sure since it may put out a wrong message. if anything I'd be scared someone would key my car that was offended.

Ok, sorry I derailed the topic so bad. Really if you want to spend that much money on a scooter why ask? Just like everything people have different opinions. I like buying watches, but the next guy thinks it is crazy to spend $1k+ for a watch.

johne303
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Funny you say that because I just had this same debate with a co-worker just now. Yeah I understand it is a internet joke, but do people really need to joke around about pedophilia to the point of putting stickers of it on a car? Do we really want to consider this a mainstream joke to make it seem ok? From everything I know about the pedo bear it was used as a icon to lure kids, as the same way as free candy was back in the day. So putting it on a car makes me think you are into "luring" kids and if something even put out a small indication of being a pedophil then I would stay clear of it :dunno: Just me though....

I am not saying this person is one, but just like rape jokes I've never seen the humor in them versus the harm it can do. Being molested can screw up a kid and just because it is funny should it really be used.

I'd say the same thing about a Chris Hanson sticker. Yeah may be funny to post that when you think it someone is with a a girl too young, but to the point of making stickers I am not so sure since it may put out a wrong message. if anything I'd be scared someone would key my car that was offended.

Ok, sorry I derailed the topic so bad. Really if you want to spend that much money on a scooter why ask? Just like everything people have different opinions. I like buying watches, but the next guy thinks it is crazy to spend $1k+ for a watch.

1k ish is ok. What about people who spend 5k, 10k or more on a watch? I guess if it's worth it to you then go for it.

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 02:53 PM
johne303 you are alright in my book.

Fuck these emotional fags.

bulldog
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 03:01 PM
1k ish is ok. What about people who spend 5k, 10k or more on a watch? I guess if it's worth it to you then go for it. I guess the difference here I can see is most 5Kish watches are Swiss made and hold their value. Most Rolex's you will not lose money and if you do it would be minimal. I am not too familiar with a Honda Ruckus, but unless it is a collectors item I bet you will lose value on it, so that needs to be thought of. If it were me I'd go around the net and see what they are going for and weigh that against what they are selling this one for. Then check their resale value.

Personally if i were using it just for transportation around the track or wherever I'd probably go with something different that would serve the same purpose for much cheaper. But, hey if it is something you have always wanted and can afford it then buy it. All your call on what brings happiness.

Sorry wish I knew more about the Ruckus to say if that was a good deal.

johne303 you are alright in my book.

Fuck these emotional fags.
:lol: Hey now; he is ok with me too. I never judge people on something like a sticker. Just was something I have debated with people about before and shared my opinion. if not this board would be dead and boring so got to get the people talking :D

rforsythe
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Make no mistake, the Ruckus is one bad ass scooter. I know Dysco literally rode his over the tops of mountains on Jeep trails and shit, and he's not a small dude. Given that they're $2500 MSRP *NEW* though, I sure as hell wouldn't pay twice that for a used one that someone has probably ridden hard.