PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Dirt Bike, Certified Vin Inspection

Kitten
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I have two wr250's that I would like to get plated. They are all ready to get inspected and need to be inspected in the next week or two otherwise we will have to pay late fees because of the new dmv laws. I was hoping that someone on here had a connection to get them inspected (other than making an appointment with the state patrol). Thank you in advance!

WolFeYeZ
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Fay Myers does them for like $20. As does most Air Care Colorado emissions testing places.

Kitten
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Unfortunately, they do not do certified vin inspections. They do regular vin inspections, which do not work for titling dirt bikes.

maktastik_jr.
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM
You absolutely HAVE to take it to CSP nowadays.
source: Im a title clerk

asp_125
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM
We had to get our truck vin verified. JeffCo DMV told me we could go next door to the County Jail and have one of their deputies do it. (this was last year)

UglyDogRacing
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Everything you need to know can be found here - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743799

maktastik_jr.
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 03:35 PM
We had to get our truck vin verified. JeffCo DMV told me we could go next door to the County Jail and have one of their deputies do it. (this was last year)

yes, alot of places can do a vin inspection. however to get a dirtbike titled you must not only get the vin inspected, but it must also pass a safety inspection by the CSP.

FZRguy
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I'd stay away from the VIN inspector at Golden CSP. Guy is a jackass and doesn't like dirt bikers.

Cars-R-Coffins
Thu Sep 13th, 2012, 07:22 AM
yes, alot of places can do a vin inspection. however to get a dirtbike titled you must not only get the vin inspected, but it must also pass a safety inspection by the CSP.
This