I recommend watching the video muted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtdN5L0x5B4

Jmetz
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L2Fgidm0fY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

madvlad
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Incredible how that dude just sacrifices himself over the bike lol... the bond between man and 2 wheels will never cease to amaze me.

jcj81
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 09:46 PM
People like that need to be taught a lesson, complete :bs:

Ghosty
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Damn, was hoping at least a couple of them would've got their skulls bashed by the employees and guys that came to help. Or better yet, hit by cars as they tried to scoot away, lol! I love the caption:

"What criminals where high vis?"

Ghost
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Unless the shop keeps the keys in the bikes, what was the plan, to tow the stolen bikes behind the scooters? Or just push them down the street?

jcj81
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
They must have really liked the color or model, the bikes outside those would have been easier to push away. The scooter rental place is not going to be happy with the scraches.

ATL
Mon Sep 10th, 2012, 11:04 PM
They must have really liked the color or model, the bikes outside those would have been easier to push away. The scooter rental place is not going to be happy with the scraches.

That's what I was thinking.

Fuggin idiots :piss:,
-Chris

deadline
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I think it was a publicity stunt... it makes no sense to try to steal bikes from the inside while there are plenty of them outside not to mention the fact that none of them had keys in. nobody is that dumb.... more over, there was a lot of swinging, but no real physical action from the scooter people. it was fake...

Chaos
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 12:29 AM
All the bikes outside had cables on them.

deadline
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 03:20 AM
and all you need is a cable cutter...

Wrider
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 06:09 AM
and all you need is a cable cutter...

They tried to walk into a Duc dealership fully geared and select 2 bikes to push out and ride off on. Not to mention they showed up on scooters with license plates. I'm thinking logic is not their strong suit.

salsashark
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Next week on Craigslist Coydon; two scooters for sale, dropped by previous owner.

grim
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I think it was a publicity stunt... it makes no sense to try to steal bikes from the inside while there are plenty of them outside not to mention the fact that none of them had keys in. nobody is that dumb.... more over, there was a lot of swinging, but no real physical action from the scooter people. it was fake...

It was shown on the internet with a story that says they were trying to steal the bikes, your logic is no good here.

Jmetz
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Expensive stunt. Those bikes got dropped and jacked up.

Keyser Soze
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 08:44 AM

That's what I was thinkin. More than one bike got knocked over.

King Nothing
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 08:52 AM

That's what I was thinkin. More than one bike got knocked over.

+3

#1Townie
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Just because you dont have a key doesnt mean its going to take forever to get it started. Plenty of ways around the key.

TFOGGuys
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Just because you dont have a key doesnt mean its going to take forever to get it started. Plenty of ways around the key.

Tougher than it sounds. Ducati has been using "chipped" keys for several years now. Sure, they could be loaded into a van and parted out, but short of a new ECU, it's going to be difficult and time consuming to get the bike to run.

madvlad
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 09:39 AM
No stunt there, no way no how. They won't risk high dollar inventory over such stupidity of a "stunt". There was that one in England where this scooter gang was trying to rob a jewelry store and a grandmother came and broke them up with her purse!. Scooter gangs just don't seem very bright lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkIH1aWeMiI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

#1Townie
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Tougher than it sounds. Ducati has been using "chipped" keys for several years now. Sure, they could be loaded into a van and parted out, but short of a new ECU, it's going to be difficult and time consuming to get the bike to run.

No matter how good any anti theft system is there is always a way around it. We get some really cool forward emails from other repo companies that find ways around these things.

I still use one trick on older cars. Back in the day car alarms mostly worked off of the dome lights. We would take our lock out kit and turn the light to off before opening the door. No light no noise.

Repo companies get access to some really cool systems designed to beat chipped keys and that. If we can get them i know thieves have them.

Ghosty
Tue Sep 11th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Only in Europe would you have theft "gangs" riding modern girly scooters, haha! If they were actual ska/rudeboy punks on Vespas & Lambretta's (the only "real" scooters), I might LOL a little less.