PDA

View Full Version : Deal on car tires?

tecknojoe
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 10:17 AM
where can I get a good deal on car tires? just need normal so-so tires for an altima

Fumet5uNo
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Discount or pepboys , I use one or the other

jbnwc
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Need a 215/65-17? I have one for $50 new.

I get my best deals on ebay.

mdub
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 10:34 AM
yeah discount......cannot go wrong...

modette99
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Look up tire rack pricing, put the zip code for shipping near the warehouse and print that page and Discount will match. (I always say "your going to BEAT their price right!!!" and they do.

Also Photoshop works great at Discount too...LOL

grim
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Discount tire is the way to go.

madvlad
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Shoot me a text with the size you need and see if I can save you some moolah with my discount here

Jmetz
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Craigslist.

laspariahs
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Discount tire is good imho.

tecknojoe
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Look up tire rack pricing, put the zip code for shipping near the warehouse and print that page and Discount will match. (I always say "your going to BEAT their price right!!!" and they do.

Also Photoshop works great at Discount too...LOL

good idea, thanks

Shoot me a text with the size you need and see if I can save you some moolah with my discount here

word, i'll find out tonight and text u

spideyrdr
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Check out Discount Tire Direct (the online version of Discount Tire):

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

I would highly recommend checking them out. Once the tires arrive, you can drag them to a Walmart and they'll install them for around $14 a piece with lifetime balancing included.

You just missed out on a deal they had going over Labor Day. They were offering a $100 rebate on (4) tires for most brands. Even without the $100 rebate, their prices are very reasonable, no tax since their online business is based in a different state, and 3-5 day shipping is (typically) included.

For reference, I was able to save $190 on a set of (5) Goodyear Duratracs for my Jeep compared to the best price the local Goodyear place offered which was about the best price I found on those tires. Even without the $100 special they had going, I still would have saved $90. I literally had the tires in a week and had them mounted the next day at the local Walmart.

If you are unsure about ordering online, next cheapest options might be Sam's Club or Costco.

Jamie

jcj81
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Check out Discount Tire Direct (the online version of Discount Tire):

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

I would highly recommend checking them out. Once the tires arrive, you can drag them to a Walmart and they'll install them for around $14 a piece with lifetime balancing included.

You just missed out on a deal they had going over Labor Day. They were offering a $100 rebate on (4) tires for most brands. Even without the $100 rebate, their prices are very reasonable, no tax since their online business is based in a different state, and 3-5 day shipping is (typically) included.

For reference, I was able to save $190 on a set of (5) Goodyear Duratracs for my Jeep compared to the best price the local Goodyear place offered which was about the best price I found on those tires. Even without the $100 special they had going, I still would have saved $90. I literally had the tires in a week and had them mounted the next day at the local Walmart.

If you are unsure about ordering online, next cheapest options might be Sam's Club or Costco.

Jamie

+1 I've bought my last five sets of tires from this web site almost always has the best price free shipping and no tax.

vort3xr6
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM
If you can wait til November, our group does a buy 3 get one for a buck promo. Best deal I have found.

~Barn~
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM

Speaking of, did you ever sell those tires and wheels from the 'Burban?

madvlad
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Speaking of, did you ever sell those tires and wheels from the 'Burban?

Not yet, some dude text me this morning and he's interested in them said he needs winter wheels for his tahoe cause he doesn't want to ruin his 24 inch chromes lol... he said he'll stop by Monday. Hopefully I'll have some good moolah coming your way then.

~Barn~
Wed Sep 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM
No big deal on the cash, I had just kinda forgotten about them... Hell, for that matter keep the $$$ you get, just maybe hook a brotha up on a minor item of vehic. maint. =)

madvlad
Thu Sep 13th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Okay, did you ever get that running light deal figured out?

cbrjohnny
Thu Sep 13th, 2012, 07:49 AM
what size tires do you need?

~Barn~
Thu Sep 13th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Okay, did you ever get that running light deal figured out?

Um... I honestly don't even remember. All my cars are working well, so that must have been something with Tanya's. :dunno:

madvlad
Thu Sep 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
It was with the burban, I remember you told me something about one of the drl lights not working

~Barn~
Thu Sep 13th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Oh, that was hers... I remember now (she has a 'Burban also). Yeah. Got that fixed. :up:

[/threadjack]