PDA

View Full Version : Someone might have to die

bornwildnfree
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 06:03 AM
There is a guy outside my apt window here in Delaware with a very gas powered trimmer who is very, very close to death right now:nuke:. It's 7AM, I'm far far away from my motorcycle and won't be home for 3 weeks and he just woke me up from a very nice dream that was heading towards a very happy ending...Now, who wants to help me dispose of a body ?

Wrider
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I don't have much to do today... I'm in!

Clovis
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

rforsythe
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 09:11 AM
All you need is a nearby pig farm.

Wrider
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 09:24 AM
All you need is a nearby pig farm.

Bones pass through and still contain DNA. Hydroflouric acid FTW.

Ezzzzy1
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I always thought it would be best to cut them into little pieces and drop them through a small hole in the floorboard of the car while driving around the country :dunno:

#1Townie
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Isnt there a wood chipper for sale around here?

Darth Do'Urden
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Bones pass through and still contain DNA. Hydroflouric acid FTW.

Just make sure you have the right type of plastic barrel. Bathtubs are a BAD idea.

The Black Knight
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:21 AM
There is a guy outside my apt window here in Delaware with a very gas powered trimmer who is very, very close to death right now:nuke:. It's 7AM, I'm far far away from my motorcycle and won't be home for 3 weeks and he just woke me up from a very nice dream that was heading towards a very happy ending...Now, who wants to help me dispose of a body ?
Not to be "that guy" but FWIW, most cities that have a noise ordinance state that 7AM is the earliest anyone can be out using equipment in Residential Areas. I believe this also translates to Weekends as well. So if he's out there right at 7AM, not much can be done as he's following the letter of the law. Yeah it's early but he's legal.

I know about this all to well because I have to do the same thing. I wait until right at 7AM, as soon as it hits I start firing up equipment and machinery to use for work. I've had citizens come out and give me smack about it. But I direct them to call my Supervisor who will always inform them of the City's Noise Ordinance laws and though most people hate the 7AM start time, there's not much they can do about it.

Jmetz
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I have a bb gun and a concealed firing position for such things.

bornwildnfree
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 09:56 PM
See, in Bear DE, they also have the 7AM to 10PM rule, but any noise made by a commercial entity must be kept under the limit on Saturday and Sunday. None of these gentlemen are residents of the apartment complex and they work for a company so they had no right to be working at 7AM in my apartment complex.

@ The Black Night - When someone starts off saying, "Not to be", they already are. While legally you might be able to work at 7AM on a Saturday, you know you're causing a disturbance and ill will towards you and your company that would otherwise be overlooked Monday - Friday or after 9AM and unless you're the guy out there repairing a water main or something equally important, that much noise at 7AM on a Saturday makes you the jackass. Speaking of that, time to go lobby Arvada to change the laws.

Filo
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I haven't been asleep at 7:00am since my son was born 13 years ago. 7:00 is late for me.

Clovis
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Christy, I've got your back. Legal noise be damn!

The Black Knight
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 07:47 AM
See, in Bear DE, they also have the 7AM to 10PM rule, but any noise made by a commercial entity must be kept under the limit on Saturday and Sunday. None of these gentlemen are residents of the apartment complex and they work for a company so they had no right to be working at 7AM in my apartment complex.

@ The Black Night - When someone starts off saying, "Not to be", they already are. While legally you might be able to work at 7AM on a Saturday, you know you're causing a disturbance and ill will towards you and your company that would otherwise be overlooked Monday - Friday or after 9AM and unless you're the guy out there repairing a water main or something equally important, that much noise at 7AM on a Saturday makes you the jackass. Speaking of that, time to go lobby Arvada to change the laws.
Actually the "that guy" meant, I didn't want to be the guy who had to bring up the Law of noise ordinances. I'm not the one out there on a weekend right at 7AM, I'll usually wait until 8 or 9 at the latest to start on a weekend project around the house. As for work, it's a different story. I'm ready to roll right at 7:01AM and that's when I begin work with machinery in Residential areas.

I know some people get crabby in the mornings but that's really not my problem. I'm up everyday at 4:45AM to work before 6AM. That translates to the weekends as well. I'll normally get up before 6AM(my version of sleeping in). In fact this morning I was up around 3AM for no apparent reason, just wide awake. Managed to dose off for a little bit in order to get up and catch the MotoGP race.

I know everyone have different schedules but you can't expect the world to stop, especially at 7AM or later. My advice to most, maybe cut yourself off at the bar a little earlier and get home sooner to sleep off that hang over quicker. Other then that, just live with the noise if it's 7AM(or later).

In reference to the men doing work at the apartment complex. Keep in mind, the apartment complex probably has given them a time frame in order to get their work done. They probably want those guys in and out before people start getting up and using the common grounds in the complex for recreation.

I haven't been asleep at 7:00am since my son was born 13 years ago. 7:00 is late for me.
I agree with this, I don't have kids. But after getting up between 4AM-5AM for work over the last decade, 7AM is really late for me. Hell the day is half over by then LOL!!

bornwildnfree
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Aww it's good to know that I have friends who will help me hide a body! The apt complex apologized and let me know that they do not allow lawn maintenance on Sat and Sun and it shouldn't happen again lol.