PDA

View Full Version : Canyon ride 9/16/12!!!

madvlad
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Gathering some interest on a ride tomorrow morning. Pace will be relaxed so if you're looking for a spirited pace this is not for you!!! Anyone and everyone welcome (Special invites to Jmetz, Nooch, Biikchiq) this ride is also noob friendly! All I ask is please wear your gear, not because I'm a baucy mofo but because I care about your safety but all up to you. If you start riding like an a-hole I have no problem telling you to go kick rocks.

Time/place: Morrison Conoco AKA MOCO 9:30 am with KSU (kickstands up) @ 10 am!

Route: TBD as a group, I'll ride anywhere but not looking for ridiculous distances, maybe grab some lunch along the way somewhere. Post up as any ideas are welcome! Depending on route I plan on doing some leaf peeping in case colors are starting to get there in the mountains so I will be stopping so if this bothers you have it in mind!

With that said, see you all in the AM! I'll be on a gray 750 gixxer by the air/vacuum station.

preludepearl417
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
What is ment by "gear'? I always wear helmet, gloves, and pants. Rarely wear a jacket tho....

madvlad
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Yea basic gear at least including a jacket, helmet, gloves, pants, boots and leathers a plus!... like I said up to you but I still insist on safety first.

Jmetz
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I'm a maybe. You know my feelings about canyons + weekends + boo er noobs. :lol:

Actually I was looking at checking out PPIR. Not sure though.

madvlad
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Your call pimp, I'm due for a canyon ride and after what happened I don't want to be at the track cause it'll frustrate me even more lol

Clovis
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Just a heads up -- Peak 2 Peak sucks right now. Drano and I went there today.

Tons of traffic, tourist, leaf peepers, ect. Highway 7 is still great but on P2P expect to get held up in traffic.

It will be great to ride during the week though if that's an option for anyone.

Cornfed
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:02 PM
If you start riding like an a-hole I have no problem telling you to go kick rocks.

I think the expression is pound sand. Damn foreigners. :devious:

Samko
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I think the expression is pound sand. Damn foreigners. :devious:

Hey at least he didn't say he'd tell him to March back into his mothers vagina !

guambra2001
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I'm a maybe. I've never been to MOCO so it might take me a little bIt to find it.

Samko
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I'm a maybe. I've never been to MOCO so it might take me a little bIt to find it.

Just look west at 830am. Damir usually fires signal rocket to let everyone know where MOCO is at.

grim
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:26 PM

Gas station off the corner off c470 and Morrison road, big sign impossible to miss.

norcolmille
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I will try and make it.....

madvlad
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I'll shoot smoke signals! Well you guys get the point and thanks for the heads up J!... may just do deckers to 24 and get me some dunkin donuts lol

kingtut
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I'm up for some leaf peeping...

tecknojoe
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Ride down to PPIR for the last day of racing fools

Nolan
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I'm in.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:11 PM
+1

Cornfed
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Hey at least he didn't say he'd tell him to March back into his mothers vagina !

Well OK, your right. At least he didn't say that.

madvlad
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Ride down to PPIR for the last day of racing fools

Read post #5... which I hope it doesn't hold anyone from going out there anyways.

tecknojoe
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 10:26 PM
aw sharts i didn't read anything in the thread :lol:

If it makes u feel better I've been itching since I facked my shoulder too :(

preludepearl417
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Just a heads up -- Peak 2 Peak sucks right now. Drano and I went there today.

Tons of traffic, tourist, leaf peepers, ect. Highway 7 is still great but on P2P expect to get held up in traffic.

It will be great to ride during the week though if that's an option for anyone.

Im down to ride during the week. Kids are in school thats about the only time i do get ride.

madvlad
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Glad meeting some of you and seeing old faces, sorry about the crappy planning but glad no awards or crashes so we're good!

Jmetz
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Nice!

madvlad
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
You down for some cricket on tonight? Pay a visit to our friend? Lol

Jmetz
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Estoy abajo a comer cena sino no cricket.

madvlad
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 02:49 PM
You are downstairs to eat dinner, instead no cricket?

guambra2001
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 02:58 PM
That was a good ride, I've never been to those roads. I must say they were fantastic and beautiful. Nice to meet some of you and hopefully we can do this again soon.

Jmetz
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 03:03 PM
You are downstairs to eat dinner, instead no cricket?

I am down to eat dinner but not cricket. Rosetta Stone better not be screwing me! :lol:

madvlad
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 03:46 PM
That was a good ride, I've never been to those roads. I must say they were fantastic and beautiful. Nice to meet some of you and hopefully we can do this again soon.

That's only baby roads compared to other canyon roads out there but glad you had a good time. The fall colors definitely make it more enjoyable.

I am down to eat dinner but not cricket. Rosetta Stone better not be screwing me! :lol:

I dk Rosetta but she fuckin up! Lol... text me and see what you want to do for later then.

kingtut
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Had fun, thanks.

guambra2001
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Had a blast with all of you guys. Thanks for showIng me some of those roads. I guess I still have a lot of time to get to know all of the roads in Colorado.

biikChiQ
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Darn..Totally missed this thread!!! Glad u guys had fun!

madvlad
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Darn..Totally missed this thread!!! Glad u guys had fun!

Not feeling the love Es! Lol

Clovis
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I over slept for black canyon so I went up north (for the 6th time in a row, I need to ride my other favorite roads). Went up to the summit lake at Mt. Evans (road is closed after that) and then back down Sqauw hoping to find you guys. I thought I saw you on 285 heading south as I was heading north so I flipped around but figured I was about 2 minutes behind. I flew south to try and catch the group, assuming if it was you, you would be going to Deckers. Rode to Zokas and didn't see anyone so I guess that wasn't your group. I cried a bit and then went to Evergreen for lunch. Pizza buffet for one, sigh. =P

thankgod
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 06:21 PM
It was awesome meeting you people, out there on your motorcycles, riding around the canyons and stuff....looking forward to the next ride. Doing 160 :yes: on average! Oops... wait... wrong ride....still nice to be out riding tho!:devious:

madvlad
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I over slept for black canyon so I went up north (for the 6th time in a row, I need to ride my other favorite roads). Went up to the summit lake at Mt. Evans (road is closed after that) and then back down Sqauw hoping to find you guys. I thought I saw you on 285 heading south as I was heading north so I flipped around but figured I was about 2 minutes behind. I flew south to try and catch the group, assuming if it was you, you would be going to Deckers. Rode to Zokas and didn't see anyone so I guess that wasn't your group. I cried a bit and then went to Evergreen for lunch. Pizza buffet for one, sigh. =P

We did do squaw but then some of us split off at 70 in Idaho springs and few others headed to golden gate and then home. I had to cut my ride short cause my friend was in the hospital.

Samko
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM
It was awesome meeting you people, out there on your motorcycles, riding around the canyons and stuff....looking forward to the next ride. Doing 160 :yes: on average! Oops... wait... wrong ride....still nice to be out riding tho!:devious:

Hihihih ... My right ear is still ringing !

Vladimir we never saw you guys , did you maybe see group from the Springs ???? Thankgod, SirMilkens I went home after we hit 470. PM me your phone number.

jcj81
Sun Sep 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM
It was nice to finally meet a few of you, had to split a little early after Idaho springs,but still nice to just get out and ride.

Sully
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Had a blast with all of you guys. Thanks for showIng me some of those roads. I guess I still have a lot of time to get to know all of the roads in Colorado.

Nice meeting you as well. Hope to see ya next year in SuperStreet! :up: (newbs and bewbs) :lol: