PDA

View Full Version : Temporary tags on E-470 tollway

Auron
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I bought a new bike in Nebraska and have a temp tag for the next month. There is nothing on it to identify me, should I take a free ride on the tollway? I've never even driven on it so can you ride straight through without stopping?

madvlad
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
You can ride through but I'm sure the bill will get to you somehow lol

birchyboy
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 10:13 AM
It will. I got a toll bill while riding on a temp tag from OTD.

Sully
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM
:idea: Sure, why not? Let us know if you get a bill for it :lol:

maktastik_jr.
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 11:26 AM
shit when i bought my truck i drove on that thing non stop with temps on. never got a bill

3point5
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I've driven with temp tags on a pickup and didnt get a bill…I don't think they give a shit…they are making a ton of cash, if one or two people pass through for free…I don't know what the opposite of a 'drop in the bucket' is but that's what it equates to -

Sarge
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 12:29 PM
One drop missed the bucket? :dunno:

When I got my Grand Cherokee a little over a year ago the temp tag, taped in the back window *ahem* "came loose" at the top on a trip back from the airport once. Window was tinted and everything too, combined with the fact that it was a bright and sunny day and I doubt it could have been seen anyway. Needless to say, no bill. ;)

Slo
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I have gone through with several cars with temp tags, never got a bill so far. Still doing this as of last weekend.

Jim_Vess
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM
If you're going to ride on it just to ride (no destination in mind), I'd skip it. It's boring as hell. It's built so idiots with no driving skills can safely drive 70mph.

Go enjoy the canyons instead.

Skinbabe
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 08:02 PM
We did it when we got our new car, temp tags in the back never got a bill.

madvlad
Tue Sep 18th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Oh just wait for it lol

Auron
Wed Sep 19th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I live in Northglenn and want to ride south of the city so it would be quite useful.

My point was that in state temp tags I believe have an ID number that can be traced back to you. Mine is out of state and has no number, just an expiration date.

UHATEIT
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 01:26 PM
When I bought my SV650 I had a paper temp tag for a month and rode the E470 back and forth for 1 ride (2 trips total) and that was in mid-July and I haven't seen anything. I probably would have by now if they were planning to charge me

Auron
Wed Jan 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM
FWIW, I racked up what would have been over $100 in fee's and never got a single bill for it.

mdub
Wed Jan 9th, 2013, 05:16 PM
i have ridden thru there as well..just over the summer one time...nada...

but one time got on e470 just to get to a location at Merridean. No more than a qtr mile. Got a bill for 75cents.