PDA

View Full Version : No bike, no ride, no membership. My $.02

Cornfed
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 07:25 AM
My love for all things two wheels is one of the main reasons my wife and I moved to the Rocky Mountains. You've heard of 318 curves in 11 miles? My neck of the woods has 11 curves in 318 miles, not exactly a sportbike riders dream.

For the most part, the level of rider here is far above the skill level back home. And since I still stink of noob it has recently been brought to my attention that somewhere in the neighborhood of half of the Colorado Sportbike Club members do not own bikes. What The F:scramble:CK!!!

So after a day or two of thinking about this, Ive come to terms with it. There are some who are between bikes, i.e. have sold their bike and are shopping for another. I can empathize, in the last 20 years there have been spans lasting a full season where my garage housed only cages because I was "between bikes". For the record, I borrowed and rented that year to get my fix. Some are lucky enough, or better yet, fast enough, to be racing on someone else's equipment, man I envy you.

But if you dont own a bike, and dont ride, why are you here? :dunno:

mdub
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 07:39 AM
That some funneee shit... Why r they here??? Guess this site is appealin... get info , posing , and to stay in touch with peeps met in the past.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I am glad someone on here is investigating this!

1 Vote for Cornfed to become the new, super inquisitive, CSC bike investigator!

#1Townie
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM
You moved to co for the riding? I bet that was a little disappointing.

So because people are between bikes they shouldnt be able to talk and communicate with friends they have made? Lots of people dont even live in co anymore. Should they not be on here as well?

How about the level of the rider? Should all squids be barned? I mean the risk of a newb jeopardizing a ride is very high. So why invite them into this club.

Btw this is not a mc club. REAL mc clubs have real organizing factors. Decisions are club votes. This is a forum with a name that is entertaining and a great place to get useful information. Some of that info coming from people without bikes at the moment.

madvlad
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Well that's my cue!

mdub
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Pool cue?

salsashark
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM
The Townie makes a point...

I'm moving to Maryland in a couple of weeks. I'll still have a bike. Am I no longer allowed to visit or post on the CSC?

IMO, the CSC is NOT a bike club. It's a social network. So some don't ride anymore or "right now". Some don't have sport bikes but rather cruisers/ADV'ers/sumos/whatever. Doesn't mean they're not interested in the goings on of the CSC. I'm not even convinced that some of our tard owners even know how to read, but we still let them in... as long as they wear a helmet.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Maybe we need to consider disallowing members that eat too much corn. ;)

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Get your dick out of your ass cornfed.

Cornfed
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Huh?

So because people are between bikes
Covered that.

they shouldnt be able to talk and communicate with friends they have made?
Those people dont have a phone, email, facebook?

How about the level of the rider? Should all squids be barned?
Maybe? Are they here to learn and improve there skills or doomed to be a squid for life?

Btw this is not a mc club. REAL mc clubs have real organizing factors. Decisions are club votes. This is a forum with a name that is entertaining
I know, I know. You sir are correct. :yes:

Cornfed
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Well that's my cue!

This was not pointed at you or anybody specifically.
You may not currently be an owner, but you are a rider, and will again be an owner.

madvlad
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Well that's my cue!

As in not worthy, gtfo cue lol

#1Townie
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Huh?
FACE PALM.... YOU OPENED THIS THREAD SAYING ONE IF THE BIGGEST REASINS FOR MOVING TO THE ROCKYS WAS YOUR TWO WHEEL LOVE..... GID FACE PALM AGAIN.

Covered that.
YOU DID? NO WAY GET OUT OF HERE.

Those people dont have a phone, email, facebook?
WELL HOW ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR..... HMMMM LIKE TEN YEARS BEFORE YOU? JUST BECAUSE THEY DONT MEET YOUR STANDARDS THEY HAVE TO LEAVE?

Maybe? Are they here to lean and improve there skills or doomed to be a squid for life?
THAT DOESNT MATTER! THEY ARE DANGEROUS.

I know, I know. You sir are correct. :yes:
Been approached by 2 MCs to join. Seems like alot of bull..... K, might have just answered my own question.

Sorry about the caps. Not yelling just being lazy. But no really bro its a forum.

#1Townie
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:28 AM
And dude.... you have only been here for a year..... now you want to tell people who can cant post here?

Cornfed
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:33 AM
IMO, the CSC is NOT a bike club. It's a social network.

Yes, yes, you have a point. :yes:

Cornfed
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Huh? As in why should moving to the Rockies be disappointing place to ride?

And dude.... you have only been here for a year..... now you want to tell people who can cant post here?
Not at all, I admit my noobness. Just asking the question and opening it for conversation.

mdub
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Huh? As in why should moving to the Rockies be disappointing place to ride?

Not at all, I admit my noobness. Just asking the question and opening it for conversation.

Good topic fer the day.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:43 AM
No. This is an obvious troll and you deserve the replies you will get.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Many of us have extra bikes to make up for the poor bastards without.

I think they stay for the hot chick thread and the sarcasm.

Used to be for the IT'S FORKIN FRIDAY! and the cat threads but all that's gone now.

Ghosty
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 09:10 AM
After 8+ years of Administering the biggest car/racing forum in Colorado, I believe CSC to be an awesome forum, better than many in other states, for this specific purpose (non-model-specific Motorcycle & Riding discussion). The mix here is great as well, between expertise, regulars, racers, weekend warriors, n0obs, etc.

We are lucky here in Colorado to have two awesome forums like this. I've been told this by many out-of-staters and locals who've moved and been totally disappointed by the car & bike forums in their new state.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 09:22 AM
http://www.enchanted-cats.com/MotorcycleCat.JPG

Cornfed
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 09:28 AM
http://www.enchanted-cats.com/MotorcycleCat.JPG

And that must be the cat thread. Lol

Sean
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM
IMO, the CSC is NOT a bike club. It's a social network. So some don't ride anymore or "right now". Some don't have sport bikes but rather cruisers/ADV'ers/sumos/whatever. Doesn't mean they're not interested in the goings on of the CSC. I'm not even convinced that some of our tard owners even know how to read, but we still let them in... as long as they wear a helmet.:imwithstupid:

I don't live near any of you and I don't own a sportbike (but I do own a bike). Further, I'm not going to go on any organized rides, or to one of the bike nights. For me, this place is more of a social network and place to have fun. I joined when I did have a sportbike or two, and made a bunch of real life, and e-friends. So now it's fun to hang out and have a little friendly banter. Hell, I don't think I've ever even met Salsa, but we've joked around for a few years now on the forum.

This place has been great for social networking, buying/selling stuff locally, hiring professional services, professional networking, finding ways to volunteer and help the community, and also gain knowledge about bikes and riding in general. Seems like a good place to hang out, if you ask me.

Who cares why people are here? No need to judge (except all of the freakin' (re)tards. Those morons have to go!). +1 with Zach

Ghosty
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 09:35 AM
That is awesome! I'd never do it, seems too dangerous for the little guy. But might be cool around town at low speeds. Bengals are rad.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 09:44 AM
No. This is an obvious troll and you deserve the replies you will get.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/Misc/kitty-60444154267.jpg

3D
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 12:12 PM
This whole time I thought CSC stood for Colorado Spelunking Club :dunno:

salsashark
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM

well... similar position. :lol:

http://www.wpclipart.com/recreation/miscellaneous/spelunking.png

at least the "S" doesn't stand for sodomy... Oh wait. that works with the above pic as well!

grim
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Cornfed doesn't always start threads, but when he does shit gets real!

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 12:50 PM
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/Misc/kitty-60444154267.jpg
http://killthehydra.com/wp-content/uploads/20120602-001333.jpg

Spiderman
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM

well... similar position. :lol:

http://www.wpclipart.com/recreation/miscellaneous/spelunking.png

at least the "S" doesn't stand for sodomy... Oh wait. that works with the above pic as well!

:spit:

Cornfed
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Cornfed doesn't always start threads, but when he does shit gets real!

Ahhhh come on. I cant be the first person to ask themselves that question, I just happen to vocalize it, (type it).
And I got some answers. :cheers:

#1Townie
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Ummmm...... no you are not the first. Every few years someone bitches about the general topic area and how it doesnt ever have anything to do with bikes. After that the whole do you even own a bike comes up and why are you here and blah blah blah.

My response about the lack of riding in co is just that. Hey if you love it sweet! It was a little boring for me. To many long straights. I guess thats why i started riding wheelies. Lol. Wont be this year but next spring i will post somw vids of rides around here..... including a run or two around tahoe.

asp_125
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 07:35 PM
They come for the bikes, they stay for the drama. ;)

FZRguy
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:11 PM
....and never, ever go full retard.

Repsol a095
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Once you go retard, it's hard to go back. You might even find yourself getting mini retarded.

maktastik_jr.
Thu Sep 20th, 2012, 11:21 PM
HAHAHAHA spelunking. aweosome word.

tecknojoe
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 06:48 AM
This site needs every member it can get. The social scene from this forum is garbage. People don't give a shit about meeting other people here.

mdub
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 07:48 AM
i was at the bbq..Met alot of folks and some i did not want to meet....:lol:

Mother Goose
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 08:28 AM
This has been discussed before.... n00bs... :no: :lol:

But seriously, it has, and people like to hang out, even if they don't have a sportbike *cough* SEAN! *cough* But Cornfed, as soon as you don't have a bike any longer, we'll make sure to ban you if that makes you feel any better. :)

Spiderman
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 09:56 AM
This site needs every member it can get. The social scene from this forum is garbage. People don't give a shit about meeting other people here.

That's a little harsh, IMO, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Membership is continually evolving. This club is whatever we, the members, want it to be (the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it). My http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/2cents.gif, your mileage may vary. 8)

tecknojoe
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 10:04 AM
Sorry, was a little harsh

I was expecting COSB to be like the scene in DC. You couldn't NOT meet new friends every time you got on a bike out there. There's just a lot less activity out here unless you want to argue on the internet about Obama

mdub
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 10:05 AM
that is because we are spoiled here in Colorado. There are sooo much stuff to do..

tecknojoe
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 10:33 AM
And I was serious when I said to add the shoutbox, it will liven up this site a lot

I'm a software engineer, i'll do it

texlurch
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
My response about the lack of riding in co is just that. Hey if you love it sweet! It was a little boring for me. To many long straights. I guess thats why i started riding wheelies. Lol. Wont be this year but next spring i will post somw vids of rides around here..... including a run or two around tahoe.

Too many long straights? Guess you need to get out of town and find those GOOD roads... :dunno: :lol:

Cornfed
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 11:19 AM
My response about the lack of riding in co is just that. Hey if you love it sweet! It was a little boring for me. To many long straights. I guess thats why i started riding wheelies. Lol. Wont be this year but next spring i will post some vids of rides around here..... including a run or two around tahoe.
What did you move to the infield of Willow Springs?

Sorry, was a little harsh

I was expecting COSB to be like the scene in DC. You couldn't NOT meet new friends every time you got on a bike out there. There's just a lot less activity out here unless you want to argue on the internet about Obama

Not from DC by any stretch of the imagination but I agree with this.

On the other hand BWF throws mashups every couple of months and Madvlad is posting dinner rides all the time. I haven't been to one of them. Also didn't go to the BBQ last fall. My fault, my fault and my fault. Both are great chances to meet new and old club members, find some new riding buddies, and get a better feel for who makes up this club and put some faces with names. Having said that, I have had the chance to meet and ride with some great people that I otherwise would have never met.
But then again, its not a club its just an internet forum. :horse:
Ya, Im rambling. Suck it.:doublefinger:

Thanks again for all the comments.

Neutron
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 11:27 AM
I'm here for the women. Don't tell anyone tho. I don't want to get the boot. Welp down the road I go to ride with some strangers I met on the internet machine.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 11:33 AM
Nothing more dickish than to move to Colorado and tell people here how it should be more like your home state. Well, go fuck yourself!

salsashark
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
Nothing more dickish than to move to Colorado and tell people here how it should be more like your home state. Well, go fuck yourself!

:lol:

:cheers:

mdub
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Cornfed;698791]
On the other hand BWF throws mashups every couple of months and Madvlad is posting dinner rides all the time. I haven't been to one of them. Also didn't go to the BBQ last fall. My fault, my fault and my fault. Both are great chances to meet new and old club members, find some new riding buddies, and get a better feel for who makes up this club and put some faces with names. Having said that, I have had the chance to meet and ride with some great people that I otherwise would have never met.
QUOTE]

I know what it is. Your going thru new dad syndrome. Been there x2 :lol:

Cornfed
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 11:48 AM
I know what it is. Your going thru new dad syndrome. Been there x2 :lol:Its true.:up:
Since I am lucky enough to have talked a great woman into having my child, I was able to quit a 60hr a week job and become Mr. Mom. It will probably increase my post count and decrease my seat time. She did learn how to change oil in the DRZ yesterday though.

Must.......resist......urge.....to.....post.....pi ctures.....:lol:

#1Townie
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Too many long straights? Guess you need to get out of town and find those GOOD roads... :dunno: :lol:

Haha get out more?? Bro after doing repo in co for five years there is not a town i have been to. Yes there is a few passes that would be good rides... wolf creek pass... im just not willing to ride for 6 hours for a little ride. Hey if you think those roads are great cool.

The rockys are okay. Yeah they are tall and all that but they have to many rolling hills. Most of our mountains like the sierras just come right out of the grounds. I will posts some vids next spring. We three passes in this area that go up to tahoe. We also have this awesome road in Virginia city called the truck route. Thats just a half hour away. People race their Ferraris on that road. No guard rails. Its fun. Also the run around tahoe is awesome. On the south west side semi trucks cant be on that because they would run cars over on the switch backs.

As you can see im not bashing on the co riding its just not that great. Its kind of lower level riding compared to other places.

#1Townie
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM
What did you move to the infield of Willow Springs?

Not from DC by any stretch of the imagination but I agree with this.

But then again, its not a club its just an internet forum. :horse:
Ya, Im rambling. Suck it.:doublefinger:

Thanks again for all the comments.

Well its not really just a forum... knowledge is given here that could be worth more then anyone else coukd understand. We have people who do all kinds of different things for a living. Its a great place to just post up my computer broke. Car broke. Townie repod my fucking bike... asshole! Lol

Thats what makes it a cool place to stay in tune with. Great deals on everything from bike parts to hunting gear. Ideas on how to fix stuff. Its why i have stayed... well that and i like to ruffle feathers every now and then. Problem is most people inly ride for a year or two and then sell off the bike due to family or work things. After i started driving for a living it changed who i would ride with and how i would ride. I have to have a license free from tickets and that. One ticket for me means no more job.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
Haha get out more?? Bro after doing repo in co for five years there is not a town i have been to. Yes there is a few passes that would be good rides... wolf creek pass... im just not willing to ride for 6 hours for a little ride. Hey if you think those roads are great cool.

The rockys are okay. Yeah they are tall and all that but they have to many rolling hills. Most of our mountains like the sierras just come right out of the grounds. I will posts some vids next spring. We three passes in this area that go up to tahoe. We also have this awesome road in Virginia city called the truck route. Thats just a half hour away. People race their Ferraris on that road. No guard rails. Its fun. Also the run around tahoe is awesome. On the south west side semi trucks cant be on that because they would run cars over on the switch backs.

As you can see im not bashing on the co riding its just not that great. Its kind of lower level riding compared to other places.

If I read this last year, I would have said you're fuckin crazy. But after getting out to California this spring, I've come to realize that CO has the best scenery a guy could hope for but the roads really aren't THAT great.

#1Townie
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM
Co does have some great scenic views. My only real complaint is the lack of water. With all the sbow and rain co gets i do not understand how there is no lakes. Sure theres a few but they are far away and very remote. Not exactly ideal for a last minute i want to go to the lake idea. Idk. Just wasnt for me.

I still want to check out the dragon tail or whatever its called. That run looks epic!

Cornfed
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 04:16 PM
I would love to visit Cali on a 2 week ride. The front range is really as far west as Ive ever been.

I have a buddy that lives in the Ozarks in northern AR that I visit from time to time. Beautiful riding out there as well. If you have never heard of The Pigtrail might wanna check it out on your way to Deals Gap.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/20/Arkansas/Arkansas-Pig-Trail---Arkansas-23.html

#1Townie
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 04:29 PM
Here is a stretch on that vc route. Its a very small stretch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkCDCIryL8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

madvlad
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Deals gap/ tail of dragon is on the list, heard is just pure awesome. Almost went out there for the yearly SOUSA meet (Skyline Owners USA) last year.

#1Townie
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 05:11 PM
You have a skyline??

madvlad
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 05:13 PM
You have a skyline??

No lol, one can only wish but few local buddies do own them and offered if I wanted to tag along.

#1Townie
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Okay i can still talk to you. You tell your buddies i hate them.

madvlad
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 05:22 PM
Why?

#1Townie
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 05:27 PM
I want one. Lol

madvlad
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Who doesn't haha, I'd love me a R34 Nur III VSPEC but they're more illegal than cocaine here in the U.S haha... I'd be content with a R32 though R33 is my favorite style body.

texlurch
Fri Sep 21st, 2012, 11:59 PM
I've ridden quite a bit on the Cali coast roads
I go to Deals Gap usually once a year.. anyone up for a trip next spring hit me up
Ridden all over N arkansas and S Missouri.. some good stuff there as well

There are plenty of really good roads in CO, without miles of straights to get to them.

But one persons "great" road the next guy might not like. Guess its apples and oranges. I like taking off and doing 300-400 miles and not having to hit the same road twice. Around here, out of that 400 miles there "might" be 50 that aren't "good".

Heck, I've got two excellent, tight, technical roads within 15 miles of my driveway.. :)

#1Townie
Sat Sep 22nd, 2012, 01:39 AM
Who doesn't haha, I'd love me a R34 Nur III VSPEC but they're more illegal than cocaine here in the U.S haha... I'd be content with a R32 though R33 is my favorite style body.

Yeah that r34 is damn sexy!!