PDA

View Full Version : Great Eats in the Springs

675Rider
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
So where are your guys favorite places to eat in the Springs? Im not talking chain restaurants, independent and ma & pa places.

texlurch
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Used to love Red Top for burgers, but sadly they are closed.

Try Yakatori for good Japanese BBQ
I still think Fargos Pizza is the best

Pretty good Mexican restaurant up in Woodland park but can't recall the name.

Tipys
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:18 AM
Meadow Muffins, Bambinos,

Will second Fragos they do have good pizza.

Cornfed
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
HuHot. It's a chain but I don't care. It's awesome.

Titus
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Bird Dog BBQ

Drano
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
If you have a smartphone, get the UrbanSpoon App. It helps a ton for finding good restaurants.

Italian - Biaggi's, Briargate Promenade Shops (Yes, it's a chain, but the only other one in CO is in Loveland)

Indian - India Palace, 5644 North Academy

Mexican(ish) - Wahoo's, 7495 North Academy (Another chain, but simple, light, and good)

TransNone13
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
There's a Larkburger that's fairly new off 115. Awesome burgers...

Ghosty
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Wahoo's is know for their Cali/Mex fish tacos. But good and light, much healthier than regular greasy/cheesy Mexican.

Need to try LarkBurger. Simple menu, but supposedly some tasty food. Bambino's has some good pizza, but haven't tried their pasta dishes.

TransNone13
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Everything on their menu rocks, that and military get free drinks whoot! They have beer, but the only crappy thing is it's rather expensive.

If anyone is up for it, I grabbed the beer drinker's guide to CO and want to hit a couple a week. Coupons are legit. Just throwing it out there in case anyone is interested. I'm leaving next month to AZ and I want to try these places and grab mugs/cups/etc from each place.

The Black Knight
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
So where are your guys favorite places to eat in the Springs? Im not talking chain restaurants, independent and ma & pa places.
Senor Manuel's and Arceo's Mexican restaurants are freakin awesome. Also if you're into Wings, check out Wing Stop.

Some of my favorite places to go are the big chain restaurants but I do have the smaller places to go and I enjoy as well.

preludepearl417
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
You gotta check out Joey's Pizza right next to Chapel Hills mall. The owner, Joey, made pizza with Gordon Ramsey on tv. Best pizza ive EVER had.

merkle
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
For some good mexican try Salsa Latina, its just a little place yummmm!

675Rider
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks everyone. A few I have to recommend are:
King Chefs breakfast burrito
Yoo maes for sushi
The Dutch Mill has great breakfast

asp_125
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:34 PM
We stopped in for lunch at the Hungry Bear in Woodland Park once on a ride. Good eats, big portions.

The Black Knight
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Actually in Woodland Park the Smokehouse is hands down awesome for breakfast. Always stop there on my way to the hills in the mornings.

TransNone13
Sun Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:50 PM
I forgot about the Rabbit Hole. That place is also awesome, love the atmosphere.

Reyven
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Hungry Bear is good, as Jeff said. Great for breakfast stop on the out to Deckers

Taste of India on 8th st is very good. It's our favorite Indian place.

El Rey del Taco on S. Academy has good mexican.

texlurch
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 07:23 AM
A 3rd vote the Hungry Bear.. but not gonna wanna ride after breakfast!

birchyboy
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Spring: a cajun place at the intersection of Nevada and South Academy, right by a hot dog place, that is very good. There's also a good coffee shop on the other side of the parking lot.

Manitou: The Loop. Great margaritas and mexican food.

aerofaze
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM
See this thread: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40870 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40870)

Also, I second Larkburger. As a Colorado chain, I've been to 3 of them (Boulder, Edwards, and the Springs), and they're all very tasty. A little on the pricier side, but they use quality ingredients.

For a real hole-in-the-wall Mexican place with great flavors, check out El Torero off of 30th St, a couple blocks south of Fontanero. If you want slightly more atmosphere, go to La Perla Tapatia at Academy and Flintridge.

675Rider
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 08:08 PM
My friends cafe, Her Story Cafe, is pretty darn good. Everyone should give it a shot. They got a website, menu is on there.

#1Townie
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Bambinos is awesome. If you want cheap panda express there is this little hole in the wall place in the little strip mall at the north west corner of circle and monteray. Food is great and the price is cheap as hell. Feed a whole family for 12 bucks.

Tipys
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks everyone. A few I have to recommend are:
King Chefs breakfast burrito
Yoo maes for sushi
The Dutch Mill has great breakfast

Aw forgot about King Chefs. Place is awesome.

TOMO is good for sushi too.

Bambinos is awesome. If you want cheap panda express there is this little hole in the wall place in the little strip mall at the north west corner of circle and monteray. Food is great and the price is cheap as hell. Feed a whole family for 12 bucks.

Fontune Inn or something like that. Same family also owns the other hole in the wall chinese place in the strip mall next to Wal-Mart on Palmer Park and powers.

powers
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Wild Ginger in Manitou. The hot and sour soup is awesome!

#1Townie
Wed Sep 26th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Aw forgot about King Chefs. Place is awesome.

TOMO is good for sushi too.

Fontune Inn or something like that. Same family also owns the other hole in the wall chinese place in the strip mall next to Wal-Mart on Palmer Park and powers.
Yeah great food. Dirt cheap!