PDA

View Full Version : ride height??

Wahooman
Wed Sep 24th, 2003, 10:09 PM
I am relatively new to the sport bike arena, but didn't know if someone could let me know if you can change the ride height on my YZF600r?? I know the rear spring is adjustable and can be cranked from 0-9 (i think) but that only seems to affect the suspension stiff/soft? Also for the front ride height. Appears you can adjust on the top of the forks but I am assuming this again only adjusts the suspension stiffness. Any advise would be appreciated. Being tall sometimes is not a benefit........
Thanx! :?

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Sep 25th, 2003, 09:04 AM
The adjustments you see are completely covered in your manual. Spring pre-load, rebound and dampening are all you can set, front and rear. Ride height is NOT adjustable. If you crank up the pre-load it will cause the bike to not compress as far under your weight but, will probably be nothing you notice.

Here's a link to the company who sells this. ToBeFast.com (http://www.tobefast.com/r102.htm) It replaces your "dogbone" link in the rear. Raises and lowers the rear. For the front, you can only lower it. Simply loosen the triple tree and slide the fork tubes up. If you raise the rear and can't raise the front to match, you will have decreased your head rake and the bike will turn quicker but, can become more sensitive to head shake.

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/link.jpg

Quick636
Thu Sep 25th, 2003, 12:13 PM
There might be a way to adjust the height, you'd just have to take a look at the rear shock area.

On my bike there is a spot to insert shims just above the rear shock. I actually made a coupel shims to slip in there so I can raise or lower the bike really easily. We can look yours this Sunday, or we can look at it before then too.

Wahooman
Thu Sep 25th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the advise and links. I figured there was some aftermarket part you could put on but didn't know what side effects it might add to overall riding performance and handling.
thanks again..... :D

Wahooman
Thu Sep 25th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the advise and links. I figured there was some aftermarket part you could put on but didn't know what side effects it might add to overall riding performance and handling.
thanks again..... :D