PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't take it any more - turned off Monday Night Football

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 09:46 PM
The officiating was so awful in that game I finally turned it off. No dog in the hunt and just like a good game but when it becomes far more about what call will be screwed up than the teams playing the game, then I don't have time for this shit.

madvlad
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Mafias make the world go round! Lol

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 09:55 PM
If you thought the officiating for the game was bad, wait until you see that last play. Totally disgraceful.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 09:56 PM
If you thought the officiating for the game was bad, wait until you see that last play. Totally disgraceful.

do tell

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:02 PM
do tell

Trust me when I say, you will get plenty of news about it.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:05 PM
oh, here it comes on 9news

LambeauXLIV
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:06 PM

So stupid...:nuke:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:10 PM
so glad I turned it off

bluedogok
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:13 PM
My wife used to be on the same officiating crew as the referee in tonight's game. They were working high school games in the Austin area in the 90's. He was a line judge back then, she was a side judge. She said that he probably wishes he was back doing DII ball again.

sag
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:15 PM
this stuff doesnt bother me because they make their millions either way. if this were in college itd be a different story.

college ball > pro

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:16 PM
so glad I turned it off

I couldn't stop. It was a trainwreak.

McCarthy interview on ESPN now

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:16 PM
My wife used to be on the same officiating crew as the referee in tonight's game. They were working high school games in the Austin area in the 90's. He was a line judge back then, she was a side judge. She said that he probably wishes he was back doing DII ball again.

I bet he does. No disrespect to these guys as people. Just not up to the job. No doubt they are doing the best they can - that's just not what I tuned in to watch.

"they" said replacement ref's wouldn't affect the game and people would still watch. well, I quit watching.

birchyboy
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:18 PM
That penalties were terrible, but the last play was the worst. I was hoping that the Packers wouldn't come back on the field for the final play, or if they did a block and run back for a TD would have been epic.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Roger Goodell needs the ax....... :down:

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Aaron Rodgers interview now

bluedogok
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I bet he does. No disrespect to these guys as people. Just not up to the job. No doubt they are doing the best they can - that's just not what I tuned in to watch.

"they" said replacement ref's wouldn't affect the game and people would still watch. well, I quit watching.
Yeah, she said he was a good guy and a pretty good official but she said she would not want to do that, go from DII games to the NFL since the D-I officials will not agree to officiate the NFL. Just like for the players, officiating in the NFL, NBA and NHL is the game at a completely different level than the lower levels. The speed of the games is just faster and much more on the line. I do think the one official who called it a TD screwed over the ref, any kind of review on that last play is going to be controversial no matter the decision.

bluedogok
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM

I do agree with that, he seems to think he is David Stern with his "one man" decisions.

#1Townie
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:45 PM
For those that want to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfyR1n_SPJ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Don't know enough about negotiations to take sides. Just know this is terrible and the NFL may have been better off to have no games than bad games.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Sep 24th, 2012, 10:56 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/486795_232865983506479_1012878273_n.jpg

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I have no intention to watch Thursday night. I will probably still have to tune in for Broncos but I will not be watching as much as I normally would until this is resolved.

birchyboy
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I have no intention to watch Thursday night. I will probably still have to tune in for Broncos but I will not be watching as much as I normally would until this is resolved.

Really? You take it so seriously that the bad play calling is affecting the entertainment value? It lessens my urge to bet on the games, unless I'm betting on how many bad calls there will be, but it is still enjoyable.

bulldog
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 08:59 AM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q233/littlblueyes/jered2.jpg

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Really? You take it so seriously that the bad play calling is affecting the entertainment value? It lessens my urge to bet on the games, unless I'm betting on how many bad calls there will be, but it is still enjoyable.

yes really. I never watched Jersey Shore and people claimed that was entertainment. The game is no longer about the plays made by the professionals and has become about the reality TV train wreck of the officials and blown roughing the passer calls, blown pass interference calls, blown ball positioning and first downs etc...

Why watch when the athleticism of the professionals is overruled by the mistakes of the substitute teachers?

JKOL
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 10:32 AM

Roger Goodell is the face of the NFL, but he is hired by the owners. If the owners don't want to give in to the referees, than you can be sure Goodell's hands are tied.

This article gives some info regarding Goodell's responsibility for this mess:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8421697/will-seattle-seahawks-green-bay-packers-mnf-game-break-stalemate-nf

Nick_Ninja
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 10:57 AM
The owners are going to feel the crunch --- first through the mass exodus of cable and satellite TV subscribers from NFL Prime Ticket. $$ is rapidly depleting on all fronts.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 11:02 AM
listening to talk radio and such, it sounds like people are overwhelmingly on the side of the regular officials. There's a feeling like the masses are chanting "pay them whatever they want"

if that happens, I wonder what would happen in the next cycle of contract talks when officials realize they now have ALL the power. Are people willing to pay more for tickets? Are players willing to get paid less so officials can get payed more? Owners etc?

No one I've heard comment on the topic is involved behind closed doors and knows what all the issues are. People need to run their business and others need to mind theirs.

I just know the current state of affairs sucks and I don't like it.

Mother Goose
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 11:16 AM
The owners are going to feel the crunch --- first through the mass exodus of cable and satellite TV subscribers from NFL Prime Ticket. $$ is rapidly depleting on all fronts.
If you ordered the NFL ticket, you can't cancel it once the season starts.

JKOL
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 11:55 AM

DirecTV is giving Sunday Ticket to subscribers for free this season, but I agree, this mess is going to cost the NFL money. It's not just Packers fans that are pissed, on Mike and Mike this AM, they were reading Tweets from NFL players both past and present and everyone said the Packers were screwed. It's not going to get any better unfortunately. The real refs have to be loving this, it can't hurt their bargaining position watching what has taken place so far.

rforsythe
Tue Sep 25th, 2012, 02:06 PM
So the field refs (or at least one of them) obviously didn't know what was going on in that play, but it automatically went to replay/review. From what I understand, a real NFL official was in that booth, and made the ultimately stupid call on the TD. While I think the substitute ref's are idiots for sure, I think Green Bay's loss in this case falls squarely on that asshole.

longrider
Wed Sep 26th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Just announce on 9News: The owners and refs have reached an agreement, tomorrow nights game will have the regular referees

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Sep 26th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Hoo fucking rray!!!!! About time!

~Barn~
Wed Sep 26th, 2012, 09:56 PM
And fans will never complain about the officiating the rest of the season...

Ezzzzy1
Wed Sep 26th, 2012, 11:42 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/550664_4604804485945_1435940348_n.jpg

salsashark
Thu Sep 27th, 2012, 06:44 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Yeah... I give them about 5 minutes. :lol:

madvlad
Thu Sep 27th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Tonight will be epic lol

dirkterrell
Thu Sep 27th, 2012, 07:24 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Yeah... I give them about 5 minutes. :lol:

Well, it's one thing to argue about judgement calls, but another thing entirely to have refs who misapply the rules.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I guess I can take my words back and watch tonight's game.

I think they will get a standing ovation when they take the field as opposed to the boos ref's usually get.

I won't be shocked if the regular guys are rusty and screw up one or two more than normal themselves

bulldog
Thu Sep 27th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Replacement Ref Song Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rfKMCAlNP8s

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 27th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I liked that other one that popped up "call it maybe"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzPBcCF9yKc&feature=related

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Sep 27th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Well, it's one thing to argue about judgement calls, but another thing entirely to have refs who misapply the rules.
This is the crux of my discontent.

modette99
Thu Sep 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I don't even watch sports and that was a bad call....LOL

You think the team that knew they did not catch would man up...yep no sportsmanship in games anymore.

Ted
Fri Sep 28th, 2012, 09:25 AM

Haha...exactly...... People whinning about calls like Luis Suarez !