View Full Version : 2005 Chevy Trailblazer EX LT 6cyl. Automatic

DemonRider
Sat Sep 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Need help in locating the exact Location of the "Shift Solenoid"

Googled - Check
Chilton - Checked

derekm
Sat Sep 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM
i think it sits inside the trans, again think its accessible from the bottom/pan

jcj81
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 08:01 AM
You can get to them by removing the transmission pan, it has two shift solenoids. Its very rare to see one fail, what's your concern?

DemonRider
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 08:16 AM
1. From a stop (Being in Drive) it is Very Very slow to pick up and go -

2. Check Engine light came on , the only code to show u was for the Shift Solenoid.

texlurch
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Check all the electrical connectors going into the trans for oil, dirt or simple loose...

Fluid level is correct?

madvlad
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I'll get you a diagram at work tomorrow from alldata (if available) and look up at any TSB/Recalls related to this. PM me your e-mail.

DemonRider
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Check all the electrical connectors going into the trans for oil, dirt or simple loose...

Fluid level is correct?

Ok :/ sorry me no understand, I'm kinda what you call a "Parts Replacer" I wouldn't even know where to begin :(

texlurch
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 08:46 AM
From underneath, check both sides of your trans (usually on the drivers side but it varies)

Look for wires going to your trans; most of the newer ones have a single large plug.
Check it for oil contamination and obvious signs of being cracked or loose.

DemonRider
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Checked all wires all around the Tranny and they look fine, I also made sure Tranny fluid if full and spot on. The only strange thing before this was that the car would die a lot after parking but we simply replaced the battery and that took care of that

The Code : P0751

DemonRider
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I also changed the Air Filter (it was pretty Dirty) Ill probably change spark plugs Tomorrow, and looking to do a Tranny flush, new filter and fluid if i still need replace the Shift Solenoid

madvlad
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Are you doing a drain and fill or a full system flush? If you're doing a full system flush and have never done it before and the car is higher mileaged just be forewarned it may never move again.

highpsi03
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I also changed the Air Filter (it was pretty Dirty) Ill probably change spark plugs Tomorrow, and looking to do a Tranny flush, new filter and fluid if i still need replace the Shift Solenoid
I wouldn't do a flush. You are going to do more harm than good.. The flush will flush out all the clutch material that is in there which is problably what's keeping it going. A simple drain and fill with a filter change will be best.

jcj81
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I've flushed transmissions for 13+ years,hundreds of vehicles, never ever seen one damaged or not move after flushing transmission even with over 200k, I do it to my vehicle. Now if a customer comes in and thinks that their broke ass transmission will magically be fixed with a flush that you can smell burned clutches and debris in pan is another story shouldnt be flushed in that condition

madvlad
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 10:19 PM
You must be the luckiest tech ever. Ive worked at Nissan/Infiniti, MB, BMW, VW, Jeep and Chrysler and most older vehicles that owners choose to do a full flush and we forewarn them about the possibility of the tranny just giving out and come back and bitch when it does give out.

jcj81
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 10:26 PM
You must be the luckiest tech ever. Ive worked at Nissan/Infiniti, MB, BMW, VW, Jeep and Chrysler and most older vehicles that owners choose to do a full flush and we forewarn them about the possibility of the tranny just giving out and come back and bitch when it does give out.

GM 13+yrs no issues

DemonRider
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Not a FULL Flush, just drain and fill, (forgot wording is important here :/)

madvlad
Sun Sep 30th, 2012, 10:29 PM
GM 13+yrs no issues

Pretty remarkable I'll say right meow

Not a FULL Flush, just drain and fill, (forgot wording is important here :/)

Word just checking to save you some possible trouble lol

highpsi03
Mon Oct 1st, 2012, 08:05 PM
I've flushed transmissions for 13+ years,hundreds of vehicles, never ever seen one damaged or not move after flushing transmission even with over 200k, I do it to my vehicle. Now if a customer comes in and thinks that their broke ass transmission will magically be fixed with a flush that you can smell burned clutches and debris in pan is another story shouldnt be flushed in that condition
How do you do the flush? I've seen first hand a flush machine cause a car to shift worse and or not move afterwards. This was on a bg flush machine.

madvlad
Mon Oct 1st, 2012, 09:43 PM
How do you do the flush? I've seen first hand a flush machine cause a car to shift worse and or not move afterwards. This was on a bg flush machine.

Thats what we use at work, we just had a QX4 that we did a flush on with 120k. Customer said he's had it done before so we took his word for it and then the car stopped on its tracks and we had to tow it back lol... It sucked ass!

jcj81
Mon Oct 1st, 2012, 10:45 PM

Been using BG since 04', have yet to see an issue in any GM shop ive worked in. maybe its a GM thing. :yay:

jcj81
Mon Oct 1st, 2012, 10:49 PM
I'll try and take a picture of a valve body tomorrow I think I have one out of the same transmission, to show you the location of the shift solenoids.

jcj81
Tue Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t392/jcj81/IMAG0124.jpg

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t392/jcj81/IMAG0123.jpg

The code you listed was for 1-2 shift control solenoid if looking up at it with the pan removed it is the one on the left (drivers side) the other one is the 2-3 shift control solenoid. Solenoid is held in with a clip dont let it fly when removed and there is a valve that should move freely in the valve body bore. Hope this helps.

DemonRider
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM
That was great, we ended up changing out three of the four and were up and running ;) thanks