PDA

View Full Version : Pit bull shot by police in Colorado Springs

Drano
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
This happened a couple blocks from where I live.

http://www.gazette.com/news/police-145503-running-dogs.html

Colorado Springs police shot a pit bull running loose near children who were on their way to an eastside elementary school Thursday morning. The dog was one of two aggressive pit bulls that were running about 8 a.m. in the 5000 block of Basalm Street near Scott Elementary, according to police.
Police said they got the children out of the area and contacted the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region. Police and animal control officers were able to capture one of the dogs and take it to the humane society. The other dog was large and aggressive and officers were not able to capture it. They Eventually, they decided to shoot the dog in the street.
The dogs were not wearing identification.

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Poor dogs. People are fucked.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry to be "that guy", but job-well-done CSPD. =\

If there is anything I can't stand, it's a quote/unquote "domesticated animal" that can potentially hurt or kill a child (or anybody for that matter) that is not properly restrained by its owner. I'm definitely no advocate of ending life when not absolutely necessary, but sometimes commonsense must rule the day, and people (especially children) must be protected, if alternatives have been exhausted.

Ghosty
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM
It probably was the correct response. Now find the fucking shitbag owners and arrest them, AND FINE THEM BIGTIME for endangering the public.

I feel so sorry for the dogs, raised by assholes who don't deserve pets of any kind!

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry to be "that guy", but job-well-done CSPD. =\

If there is anything I can't stand, it's a quote/unquote "domesticated animal" that can potentially hurt or kill a child (or anybody for that matter) that is not properly restrained by its owner. I'm definitely no advocate of ending life when not absolutely necessary, but sometimes commonsense must rule the day, and people (especially children) must be protected, if alternatives have been exhausted.

Alternative means? You mean they couldnt corner the other dog.

Im sorry man but when it comes to springs pd they are all a bunch of fucking morons. First what is the reason these dogs were aggressive? They didnt attack anyone. No one hurt. No attack but lethal force was acceptable. Why? These guy dont have those tranquilizers? I mean beats the shit out of firing one off in a neighborhood with all these kids around.

So nope they didnt use means. Barn i never would have pegged you for a uneducated fear driven media victim.

Have you seen the true stats? The likelihood of finding yourself being attacked by a dog peroid. It is truly low. Finding death by a dog? More people die from coconuts falling out of tree.

For the ones that do happen it saddens me. I will never promote animal life over human. But i also will call bullshit in claiming a dog was hostile when he hadnt hurt anyone or anything.

madvlad
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Will agree with Townie here, there is no way in hell they exhausted their options, they just went stereotypical and decided to take the easy route out. Police and media lie like in other occasions to cover fuck ups.

Tipys
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Yes townie I would normally agree there are other means. But I am sure those means were exhausted considering they got one dog by other means. Just saying.

Will agree with Townie here, there is no way in hell they exhausted their options, they just went stereotypical and decided to take the easy route out. Police and media lie like in other occasions to cover fuck ups.

As someone who has been on emergency scenes that have made news coverage. Most of the time the news gets information from people that don't know whats going on or they just seem to wing it. But very many times they seem to be missing very important facts that tell the whole story.

madvlad
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Im sure depending on situations it differs but man gotta be careful with media info for sure.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hey... you guys can be lion tamers if you want, but fuck that shit. At least the cops are trained shots and probabaly killed it humanely. I carry a pistol from time to time, so if I ever came across a barking, aggressive looking dog with no owner restraining it, and I (or worse my kids were with me and...) felt "cornered" in any way by it, I'd shoot the dog too. I'm next to 99.9% positive, that the cops wish they didn't have to kill it, but didn't feel like risking the alternative.

Not placing undue blame on the animal, because I understand their nature, and the nature of inattentive [egh-hmm...] "owners"... but come on now.... Let's focus on the situation at hand here Townie, and not get philosophical beyond our paygrade. :roll:

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Yes townie I would normally agree there are other means. But I am sure those means were exhausted considering they got one dog by other means. Just saying.

As someone who has been on emergency scenes that have made news coverage. Most of the time the news gets information from people that don't know whats going on or they just seem to wing it. But very many times they seem to be missing very important facts that tell the whole story.

I guess they had run out of tranquilizers. All options had been exhausted beforr lethal force.

So who did these dangerous dogs hurt?

~Barn~
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Castro Valley toddler hospitalized by family dog. (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8653537)

3 year old attacked by pit bull expected to survive. (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8620235)

Jogger mauled by (2) dogs near lakefront park. (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-01-03/news/ct-met-dog-attack-0103-20120103_1_pit-bulls-mauled-by-two-pit-jogger)

madvlad
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Hey... you guys can be lion tamers if you want, but fuck that shit. At least the cops are trained shots and probabaly killed it humanely. I carry a pistol from time to time, so if I ever came across a barking, aggressive looking dog with no owner restraining it, and I (or worse my kids were with me and...) felt "cornered" in any way by it, I'd shoot the dog too. I'm next to 99.9% positive, that the cops wish they didn't have to kill it, but didn't feel like risking the alternative.

Not placing undue blame on the animal, because I understand their nature, and the nature of inattentive [egh-hmm...] "owners"... but come on now.... Let's focus on the situation at hand here Townie, and not get philosophical beyond our paygrade. :roll:

Oh for sure on the self defense end dude, all in your right. All that is in my own personal question on this situation is that if all options were really exhausted as they seem to have just rushed to end the dog and call it a day just to ease the situation. Guarantee you any other breed would've been handled differently.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Elderly man killed by dog after escape from owner's property. (http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/dog-kills-elderly-jogger-1.81969)

You were saying something about... "falling coconuts" was it (?)

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:55 PM

I guess they had run out of tranquilizers. All options had been exhausted beforr lethal force.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Oh for sure on the self defense end dude, all in your right. All that is in my own personal question on this situation is that if all options were really exhausted as they seem to have just rushed to end the dog and call it a day just to ease the situation. Guarantee you any other breed would've been handled differently.

Hard to say about the time and the effort they put in, but as was pointed out earlier, they did capture the fist dog easily enough, I doubt they were shooting the second one for sport.

I do agree with your last comment though. It probably would have acting much different too. I imagine different breeds of snakes and bears other animals may warrent different "tact" when being handled under circumstances that are less-than fully controlled.

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Elderly man killed by dog after escape from owner's property. (http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/dog-kills-elderly-jogger-1.81969)

You were saying something about... "falling coconuts" was it (?)

Dude it took forever to find this.

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2010/aug/280810-falling-coconut-kills-Colombian-man.htm

I think searched for a whole five seconds.

Hey but barn you are right. These crazed animals are creating the largest threat to mankind ever known.

Wont someone think of the children!

Hey while we are at it lets ban sportbikes. Cars. Oh and guns. Do you know how many people die every day from guns?

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Oh and dont even get me started on the care takers for the elderly.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/caretaker-charged-after-elderly-st-louis-man-s-death/article_85a44220-afef-11e1-8969-001a4bcf6878.html

~Barn~
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:02 PM

If it makes you feel any better Townie, I am saddened that the dog had to pay with its life, to ensure that nobody got hurt. Because thankfully, no person was hurt. That is afterall, the outcome the cops were tasked with achieving. I don't often put cops on any special pedestal, but I also try to never begrudge them the need to do their duty.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Oh and dont even get me started on the care takers for the elderly.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/caretaker-charged-after-elderly-st-louis-man-s-death/article_85a44220-afef-11e1-8969-001a4bcf6878.html

Hey man... Humans who intentionally harm others while in the in the role of their caregivers, should probably also be shot. Like through the hands or something.... At the very least.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:09 PM
<Snip...> Hey while we are at it lets ban sportbikes. Cars. Oh and guns. Do you know how many people die every day from guns?

Dang yo! When did I start talking about banning shit? :lol: You're entitled to your own opinion Mr. Townie. Even your own dictionary... (some may say your own language), but you're not entitled to insinuate that I want to ban dogs or nachos or whatever the hell you're starting to talk about. :lol:

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Bro look at these numbers! Over a million people die every year in car accidents. Thats a fucking genocide!

http://www.inquisitr.com/16429/crash-boom-3000-people-die-in-car-accidents-daily/

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Dang yo! When did I start talking about banning shit? :lol: You're entitled to your own opinion Mr. Townie. Even your own dictionary... (some may say your own language), but you're not entitled to insinuate that I want to ban dogs or nachos or whatever the hell you're starting to talk about. :lol:

Im talking about keeping us all safe bro.

madvlad
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Ban nachos, lmao! Oh man now I'm hungry

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Holy shit bro. Look at the info on cribs?

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/16/study-average-of-26-children-hurt-by-cribs-every-day/

~Barn~
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Im talking about keeping us all safe bro.

And I'm just talking about playing a little urban Duck Hunt, bro.

Don't try and tell me you didn't blast that fucking dog when he started laughing at you.

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:18 PM
On average about 27 people will be killed by a dog each year in the US,19 of the homicide victims will be children under the age of 15. The dog that causes 3 out of 4 attacks on kids will be the "loving" family dog,such as the "friendly companion" pit bull with the wonderful disposition. Children attacked by these breeds are literally torn apart with horrifying injuries that are almost beyond words. Those that survive are often maimed for life.

Bro look at those numbers!! Its deviation for sure!

http://www.dog-bite-law-center.com/pit_bull_attacks.html

Are you picking up what im putting down yet?

grim
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
bro

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:21 PM
And I'm just talking about playing a little urban Duck Hunt, bro.

Don't try and tell me you didn't blast that fucking dog when he started laughing at you.

Man that dog....... i swear that dog.... oh man. Im getting angry! Lol

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM
bro

It aggravates me when i hear the words vicious dog. Lol

grim
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:31 PM
It aggravates me when i hear the words vicious dog. Lol

Bro you wanna have a brodown bro???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcfyqO-8JoI&feature=related

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Hey what made you the brothority bro? I loved that episode.

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Castro Valley toddler hospitalized by family dog. (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8653537)

3 year old attacked by pit bull expected to survive. (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8620235)

Jogger mauled by (2) dogs near lakefront park. (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-01-03/news/ct-met-dog-attack-0103-20120103_1_pit-bulls-mauled-by-two-pit-jogger)

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/HeroicPitties/HeroicPitties.htm

Ezzzzy1
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Why is it hard for Pit "lovers" to see why the rest of the world is over protective when dealing with these situations.

There is no way in hell that someone that is being payed (or any other rational human for that matter) to protect and serve would even let a threat come anywhere near children. That and they are dogs! As in animals that are unpredictable. Why does anyone stand up for them? Because you have had some good ones? Because you know that not all of them are bad? Well whooptie do! Now we should trust these things that are, when provoked, insanely violent and uncontrollable.

My views on these dogs has now been changed. From now on we should all carry around dogie treats for situations like this

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Why is it hard for Pit "lovers" to see why the rest of the world is over protective when dealing with these situations.

There is no way in hell that someone that is being payed (or any other rational human for that matter) to protect and serve would even let a threat come anywhere near children. That and they are dogs! As in animals that are unpredictable. Why does anyone stand up for them? Because you have had some good ones? Because you know that not all of them are bad? Well whooptie do! Now we should trust these things that are, when provoked, insanely violent and uncontrollable.

My views on these dogs has now been changed. From now on we should all carry around dogie treats for situations like this

Why is it so hard for people to read and educate themselves to better understand the the so called threat?

I mean truly. Why were they being deemed aggressive? Because they barked? Thats not aggressive behavior. Because they didn't allow themselves to be cornered by people attacking them? What do you think a dog is going to do while being chased and peppwr sprayed?

Come ezz we are the animal with the brains. It jist seems that as soon as we are scared of something we have to kill it.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I mean truly. Why were they being deemed aggressive? Because they barked?

You hit the nail on the head! This is exactly why they have been deemed agressive.

mxer
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I wish humans would eradicate the breed all together. Humans made them into what they are today to do exactly what we wanted them to do...fight and defend, we should make them disappear now that we are a more "civilized" culture.

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 11:12 PM
You hit the nail on the head! This is exactly why they have been deemed agressive.

Aggressive breed?? By who? More uneducated fools? The breed is not a aggressive breed. Yes some dogs thay are not cared for properly. Isnt this how all dogs get? Sure pits need more attention and more regular training then normal dogs. Its how they are. This is whu you have situations that arise. Not properly taking care of your dog. Now im not saying they are beating and not feeding. Pits have tons of energy and want to work. Most of all please their people. With a proper training schedule no issues will be had. Ever.

I wish humans would eradicate the breed all together. Humans made them into what they are today to do exactly what we wanted them to do...fight and defend, we should make them disappear now that we are a more "civilized" culture.

Omg. Really? Ezzy. This is what im talking about. Education. So idiotic comments like this are eradicated.

tstevens
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Dude, Townie, check out your avatar picture.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 01:14 AM
You cant troll a troll. Notice i didnt engage his post?

FZjake719
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Wow, just wow.

Anyone catch how they were only able to aprehend the other dog When it fled in the opposite direction AFTER the officer shot its companion?

I have a Pitbull, and I love her dearly. She's the most loyal, smartest(literally took me 2 days to house break her at 8wks old, and another week to train her to sit, stay, lay, shake, and speak), and best behaved dog I've ever had, and I've been raising and training dogs with my parents since I was about 8 years old. I've also owned multiple breeds, from beagles to chows, labs to miniature poodles, Aussies to border collies and so on.

My only point here, is it's not the breed, it's the owners. Give them love, they'll give you a superior companion. Plain and simple.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM
My only point here, is it's not the breed, it's the owners. Give them love, they'll give you a superior companion. Plain and simple.

And since we have soo much faith in people being able to raise shit.... Forget it. You guys that like your pits, well, like your pits. Just dont get mad when they get shot, or you go to jail to pay for what it did. That is plain and simple.

Slo
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I'm curious to see what determined these dogs aggressive? Because untrained people were running at them aggressively? Did they actually endanger a child or any single person?

Where were properly trained animal control personnel? Love how there are still people that love to jump on the pitbulls are dangerous bandwagon. Most forget all the good they have done as well.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Not a problem ezz. You ignorant fuck. I know how to raise a dog. Look bro i put the numbers out there for you to read. You obviously too fucking ignorant to read a link. Thats cool. You never seem to understand shit. Hey bro you should move to the ghetto in stl. I mean you like how they roll. Also i think they have pit ban. Shouldnt be a problem for ya.

Enjoy.

Ghosty
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Unless people were there to witness, LIKE THE COPS WERE, then I don't think you have a "dog in this fight". I agree with Barn, barring any witness testimony that the dog was just "chilling out" and not appearing as a threat to the public. Sorry, but if it's a JUDGEMENT CALL, I'll take the protection of my children and neighbors, over a dog's. It's totally the douchebag owner's fault, unfortunately the dog paid the price. But I don't blame the cops or any sensationalist media.

*Pitbull and animal lover*

modette99
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Im sure depending on situations it differs but man gotta be careful with media info for sure.

Yep one of the ADv Riders is an ex Sgt. He hates the media how they bend things and "wing it" to make it better "news".

I believe very little in what the news reports.

I'm with Townie, they had option. This is how I envision it going down. Cop trying to put the lead/pole around dogs neck, the dog growls. It scares the cop. The cops decide that means its aggressive (as if they would like someone sticking a lead around their neck). So the cops then decide its about time for a donuts and they wasted enough time so they shoot the dog and call it a day.

You can bait any dog...maybe a little food, some Hot Dogs...lol I doubt these dogs were trained in defense so they take the food willingly.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I'm curious to see what determined these dogs aggressive? Because untrained people were running at them aggressively? Did they actually endanger a child or any single person?

Where were properly trained animal control personnel? Love how there are still people that love to jump on the pitbulls are dangerous bandwagon. Most forget all the good they have done as well.

Slo haven't you heard bro? Pits only rape rob and murder. They are loaded guns waiting to pop. Every pit bull will kill someone some day.

modette99
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Not sure why people blaming the owners. Dogs do get out. It happens; its life, what are you going to charge the owners with, dogs hurt no one.

Oh the children, oh the children...again the dogs did not hurt anyone and it sounded like someone yelled PIT without thinking. Of course the dog was aggressive to people it did not know trying to CATCH it...LOL You expect different?

modette99
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Slo haven't you heard bro? Pits only rape rob and murder. They are loaded guns waiting to pop. Every pit bull will kill someone some day.

You must watch Judge Joe Brown...lol

Wrider
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Yep one of the ADv Riders is an ex Sgt. He hates the media how they bend things and "wing it" to make it better "news".

I believe very little in what the news reports.

I'm with you here. I was working as a doorman in Phoenix and people opened fire outside of the club, killing 1, wounding 1, and missing one completely (at a distance of 15 ft, coincidentally why I'm not scared of most "gangsters"). The media misreported the story so badly that we ended up going to them to correct them in an official capacity.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Not a problem ezz. You ignorant fuck. I know how to raise a dog. Look bro i put the numbers out there for you to read. You obviously too fucking ignorant to read a link. Thats cool. You never seem to understand shit. Hey bro you should move to the ghetto in stl. I mean you like how they roll. Also i think they have pit ban. Shouldnt be a problem for ya.

Enjoy.

No, I never seem to understand you. Im wondering how many people on here are laughing at you calling anyone ignorant.

Its so funny what happens when someone disagrees with you, your opinions or thought process (which I am sure have been fully intact the whole time you have been on earth). That and apparently the troll can get trolled :lol:

But still, I would love to put a cap in any pit that threatened anything I was around and I would also love to see the owners of these animals that get violent hung for playing with fire.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Not sure why people blaming the owners. Dogs do get out. It happens; its life, what are you going to charge the owners with, dogs hurt no one.

Oh the children, oh the children...again the dogs did not hurt anyone and it sounded like someone yelled PIT without thinking. Of course the dog was aggressive to people it did not know trying to CATCH it...LOL You expect different?

Not just that. Pepper spraying a dog and wonders why it wont come near people. Lol.

FZjake719
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 09:54 AM
And since we have soo much faith in people being able to raise shit.... Forget it. You guys that like your pits, well, like your pits. Just dont get mad when they get shot, or you go to jail to pay for what it did. That is plain and simple.

I didnt even CLOSE to mention faith in PEOPLE being able to raise anything.

If my dog gets shot, it will simply be because she's a pitbull, most likely by someone just as blind as you to the fact that its not the breed, it's the owner.

Like Praveen said, I have no quams with the officers for trying to protect the children and so on like that, but it couldve been handled differently, with tranqualizers/etc.

Also, in one of the links you(?) posted, the one about the old man getting mauled to death while jogging.... that wasnt a pitbull. Just an FYI.

In the 70's, they blamed the German Shepard, in the 80's the Chow, 90's the Rotweiler, and nowdays the Pitbulls. When will they blame the people??

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
No, I never seem to understand you. Im wondering how many people on here are laughing at you calling anyone ignorant.

Its so funny what happens when someone disagrees with you, your opinions or thought process (which I am sure have been fully intact the whole time you have been on earth). That and apparently the troll can get trolled :lol:

But still, I would love to put a cap in any pit that threatened anything I was around and I would also love to see the owners of these animals that get violent hung for playing with fire.

People laughing at me? Bro you have no common sense. NONE. dont i remember something about you having kids? God i hope not. People like you shouldnt be allowed to breed. You have no idea how to follow a conversation. You blame this on me. Repeatedly. But im never the only one asking you if you can even read. Look you hopeful waste of flesh. Ignorance will be met with ignorance. Its that simple. Keep running around screaming shoot the pit. Also you want to be able to stalk people in your neighborhood. Hope you dont ever find yourself face to face with someone like me. You would shit yourself pumpkin.

JKOL
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Alternative means? You mean they couldnt corner the other dog.

Im sorry man but when it comes to springs pd they are all a bunch of fucking morons. First what is the reason these dogs were aggressive? They didnt attack anyone. No one hurt. No attack but lethal force was acceptable. Why? These guy dont have those tranquilizers? I mean beats the shit out of firing one off in a neighborhood with all these kids around.

So nope they didnt use means. Barn i never would have pegged you for a uneducated fear driven media victim.

Have you seen the true stats? The likelihood of finding yourself being attacked by a dog peroid. It is truly low. Finding death by a dog? More people die from coconuts falling out of tree.

For the ones that do happen it saddens me. I will never promote animal life over human. But i also will call bullshit in claiming a dog was hostile when he hadnt hurt anyone or anything.

I was with you until the second to last sentence. I can think of plenty cases where I value animals over humans. Child molesters, wife beaters, rapists, and animal abusers just to name a few.

Hell must be damn cold today, I just about agreed 100% with #1Townie.

Ghosty
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM

I only blame the owner IF they are those ghetto types that raise their dogs to "look, sound, act" mean and aggressive. I don't blame owners if their dogs are escape artists and get out THE FIRST TIME they escape, but after that, no excuse, you didn't spend enough time/money to secure your dog.

I will side with the cop's judgement on aggression, hopefully they are smart enough and have been educated on what to look for. I'm taking a guess that LEO's do indeed have some training on what to do in these cases, and when faced with two very difficult choices, they err on the side of public safety. I wouldn't blame them for that, unless it's like some people are speculating that they just shot it because it was a PitBull wandering around, and not some other old stray dog.

The fact that it was running around an Elementary School, does indeed factor in that cop's judgement, as it should. It was "chasing two children" around, that also factors in. Imagine what-ifs? Scary.

Oh yeah, "no chip, no collar, no tags". Yep, irresponsible owners most likely, imo.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I was with you until the second to last sentence. I can think of plenty cases where I value animals over humans. Child molesters, wife beaters, rapists, and animal abusers just to name a few.

Hell must be damn cold today, I just about agreed 100% with #1Townie.

Haha. Yeah bro i truly feel ya.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM

If my dog gets shot, it will simply be because she's a pitbull, most likely by someone just as blind as you to the fact that its not the breed, it's the owner.

Like Praveen said, I have no quams with the officers for trying to protect the children and so on like that, but it couldve been handled differently, with tranqualizers/etc.

Also, in one of the links you(?) posted, the one about the old man getting mauled to death while jogging.... that wasnt a pitbull. Just an FYI.

In the 70's, they blamed the German Shepard, in the 80's the Chow, 90's the Rotweiler, and nowdays the Pitbulls. When will they blame the people??

This...

"My only point here, is it's not the breed, it's the owners. Give them love, they'll give you a superior companion. Plain and simple."

I know this is a forum and its not always easy to have intact conversations but my response to what you wrote was in line. If you are saying that its the people that are responsible for the way the dogs are I am saying that I dont have faith in people being able to raise much of anything the way it should be. Good for the people that do but all of the pit owners that say"my dog would never do that", its the most ridiculous thing to ever say. Yes, maybe you raised the dog "correctly" and yes, maybe it has always been good but to say that an ANIMAL that was BRED to be a certain way would NEVER do something is crazy.

EDIT* I was looking for the article you used about the dog mauling the old man. I thought it said in the article that it was a pit. Any comment I would have made would have revolved around that, it being a pit.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 10:40 AM
People laughing at me? Bro you have no common sense. NONE. dont i remember something about you having kids? God i hope not. People like you shouldnt be allowed to breed. You have no idea how to follow a conversation. You blame this on me. Repeatedly. But im never the only one asking you if you can even read. Look you hopeful waste of flesh. Ignorance will be met with ignorance. Its that simple. Keep running around screaming shoot the pit. Also you want to be able to stalk people in your neighborhood. Hope you dont ever find yourself face to face with someone like me. You would shit yourself pumpkin.

Yes! My kids?

Townie, the missed abortion. If you are really talking about someone not being allowed to breed it should have been your parents. Surely your mom thought she wast taking a shit when she had you. Probably left your ass on the fire station door step, you know where they leave things they dont want?

You get so fired up because someone doesnt agree with you and then your white trash/inbred side comes out. Then you want to bring my kids into this?

Ghosty
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
C'mon guys, don't get the thread locked, it's a legit debate.

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2008/7/16/simmerdown128607268615615049.jpg

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Oh its cool Ghosty... Anyone else want to talk about my kids?

Ghosty
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM
No one should ever be talking about others' families in a derogitory manner. When it does though, hopefully people don't take it literally and personally.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
No one should ever be talking about others' families in a derogitory manner. When it does though, hopefully people don't take it literally and personally.

:lol: Literally and personally?

From someone that says if I come face to face with them I will shit myself?

I can always appreciate your make love not war attitude but come one man. What is the point of having a conversation with someone that says ANY of the stuff he does, let alone the low blows?

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Yes! My kids?

Townie, the missed abortion. If you are really talking about someone not being allowed to breed it should have been your parents. Surely your mom thought she wast taking a shit when she had you. Probably left your ass on the fire station door step, you know where they leave things they dont want?

You get so fired up because someone doesnt agree with you and then your white trash/inbred side comes out. Then you want to bring my kids into this?

Haha my white what? Hahaha! I guess a ignorant fuck like yourself doesnt understand when claiming to shoot all pits on sight you are not just threatening to shoot my dog. You are threatening to kill my best friend. Unlike how you colorado pussys are raised i was raised to meet force with force. So you keep telling yourself you are brave and smart. You are neither. Only thing you will succeed at in life is raising more ignorant people.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Oh its cool Ghosty... Anyone else want to talk about my kids?

Yes?

grim
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:33 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/gcc/1000x500px-ll-b2fdb6ac_lozgr_gif_collection_of_someone_eating_po pcorn.gif

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM
That shit looks good grim!

grim
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM
That shit looks good grim!

If you look closely its self refilling too!!!!

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Hahaha yeah i seen that.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM
:lol: Literally and personally?

From someone that says if I come face to face with them I will shit myself?

I can always appreciate your make love not war attitude but come one man. What is the point of having a conversation with someone that says ANY of the stuff he does, let alone the low blows?

Man i havent even started with the low blows.

Whats wrong does me calling you a sissy hurt your feelings?
l
V

<--- you mad bro?? Trololollol.

Haha and you thought i was angry.

FZjake719
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Pitbulls were bread as working dogs first and foremost. People bred aggression toward other dogs and animals into them over the years due to their strength and determination as well as their willingness and desire to please their masters, that is all.

Again, its the PEOPLE, not the breed. If you doubt me, You're more than welcome to come and meet myself and my dog, as well as the rest of the dogs I've trained over the years, and all of Etnie's pitbull friends as well.

If ALL of them were the same, regardless of how they're raised, then my pitbull and the 4 others (at the same time) she happens to hang out with would constantly be fighting and such, right? Because they're all killers, right?

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Haha my white what? Hahaha! I guess a ignorant fuck like yourself doesnt understand when claiming to shoot all pits on sight you are not just threatening to shoot my dog. You are threatening to kill my best friend. Unlike how you colorado pussys are raised i was raised to meet force with force. So you keep telling yourself you are brave and smart. You are neither. Only thing you will succeed at in life is raising more ignorant people.

An ignorant fuck would be the one saying that I was "claiming to shoot all pits on sight" but of course you cant understand anything anyone is saying and take everything insanely personal. I wast talking about your peanut butter licking "best friend" I was talking about a hypothetical situation and what I would do.

You have your hand and dog, I have my wife and kids. I know who my dad is and my mom love me enough to not do meth while she was pregnant.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Your mommy loved you?? All night long? And you call me white trash!!??

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Pitbulls were bread as working dogs first and foremost. People bred aggression toward other dogs and animals into them over the years due to their strength and determination as well as their willingness and desire to please their masters, that is all.

Again, its the PEOPLE, not the breed. If you doubt me, You're more than welcome to come and meet myself and my dog, as well as the rest of the dogs I've trained over the years, and all of Etnie's pitbull friends as well.

If ALL of them were the same, regardless of how they're raised, then my pitbull and the 4 others (at the same time) she happens to hang out with would constantly be fighting and such, right? Because they're all killers, right?

Who is saying all of them are bad? Im not. But it sure would sound like you are saying that even ones that are raised well would "never" do something wrong and that is, well, wrong.

I get that its the people, I heard you all 5 times you have said it and I dont disagree but its crazy to me that you cant agree that its the bread as well? The pit owners are just missing a lot of things because they are so focused on how good their dogs are and not recognizing how bad others are.

The topics are always so sensitive because if anyone steps us and says these dogs, in general are dangerous (whether it be because of bread or owner) all the pit lovers get their panties in a bunch.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Whats a daddy? Im a orphan.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Who is saying all of them are bad? Im not. But it sure would sound like you are saying that even ones that are raised well would "never" do something wrong and that is, well, wrong.

I get that its the people, I heard you all 5 times you have said it and I dont disagree but its crazy to me that you cant agree that its the bread as well? The pit owners are just missing a lot of things because they are so focused on how good their dogs are and not recognizing how bad others are.

The topics are always so sensitive because if anyone steps us and says these dogs, in general are dangerous (whether it be because of bread or owner) all the pit lovers get their panties in a bunch.

Its not the breed. Its the people. They ignore issues. They sont train properly. They dont neglect on a level of law standards but pits need TONS of work. Love. Most dogs you can let just chill in the backyard with food and toys. Pits need lots of walks and structure or they get bored and do dumb shit.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Its not the breed. Its the people. They ignore issues. They sont train properly. They dont neglect on a level of law standards but pits need TONS of work. Love. Most dogs you can let just chill in the backyard with food and toys. Pits need lots of walks and structure or they get bored and do dumb shit.

Yes, you are right. There is no common theme when it comes to pit bulls. We have never had discussions about them and there are no laws on the books because of them.

Pits just need to be walked more. If they are not then Humans (not their bread) make them do dumb shit.

There you have it people! Our forum gun/dog/tow know it all has once again solved the worlds problems with his beliefs.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Wow. Im just going to go back to trolling you. Im only telling you physical facts. Not my beliefs. You are relying on beliefs. A bunch of Michael Vick's dogs were able to be adopted. Guess thats just because it was a fluke right? Millions of dogs live their whole life without every hurting anyone. Pit bulls!! Guess thats just a flook too. For every attack story there is two save the day stories. But i guess those are fictional.

Ezzy my view on guns is my belief. My views on towing is law. Sorry if i have ever helped anyone from this site with my knowledge in towing. Guess that just wont happen anymore as you seem to be the official spokesman of the csc.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Wow. Im just going to go back to trolling you. Im only telling you physical facts. Not my beliefs. You are relying on beliefs. A bunch of Michael Vick's dogs were able to be adopted. Guess thats just because it was a fluke right? Millions of dogs live their whole life without every hurting anyone. Pit bulls!! Guess thats just a flook too. For every attack story there is two save the day stories. But i guess those are fictional.

Ezzy my view on guns is my belief. My views on towing is law. Sorry if i have ever helped anyone from this site with my knowledge in towing. Guess that just wont happen anymore as you seem to be the official spokesman of the csc.

And im sure you would just scoop one of Vicks dogs up! You are entitled to your beliefs, im not trying to change them. I just have different ones and that provokes you to act like a human that was raised wrong (:lol: see what I did there). Just like I am sure you open you trailer up to convicts that have been "rehabilitated". Your call man.

There is no way you can argue that you are the boards gun/dog/tow know it all and I should add law. I was just giving credit where credit is due.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Im fairly certain i know towing.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Nope, no common theme here....

2011 fatal dog attacks by breed
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/2011-fatality-chart.gif

And thats just the FATAL numbers!

Ghosty
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I have to admit I haven't read ALL the pages/posts here, so maybe I missed the most brutal. I just assumed neither of you have actually seen/met either's kids, so any insults are just retarded one-upsmanship, or trying to get the last blow in, which will never happen until it's locked.

No biggie, carry on. I'm all for making war when needed and accomplishes something worthwhile, that's why I voted for Bush, at that time, hahaa.

:siesta:

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Nope, no common theme here....

2011 fatal dog attacks by breed
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/2011-fatality-chart.gif

And thats just the FATAL numbers!

22 people. Thats alot of people bro.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
22 people. Thats alot of people bro.

Thats just the deaths champ. Of course you just shrug it off but a single bread of dog that KILLS that many people a year (twice the amount of all other dogs COMBINED) is worth looking at.

If 71% of the dead cars you picked up were Chevys you would tell everyone that they sucked, wouldnt you? Actually probably not, you would go buy one and then tell everyone how great they are. Anyways, you cant argue with the numbers. Well actually YOU can but im pretty sure that the graph shows exactly what anyone opposing you views is trying to say.

Drano
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/gcc/1000x500px-ll-b2fdb6ac_lozgr_gif_collection_of_someone_eating_po pcorn.gif

Perhaps it was a troll on my part, but this was exactly what I was thinking when I started the thread. From previous threads I knew shit was gonna get real! :lol:

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Perhaps it was a troll on my part, but this was exactly what I was thinking when I started the thread. From previous threads I knew shit was gonna get real! :lol:

Glad you were able to get your kicks... Now go clean off your belly and find something else to post up :up:

Drano
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Glad you were able to get your kicks... Now go clean off your belly and find something else to post up :up:

I'll get right to work on that. :devious:

~Barn~
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 04:19 PM

Confusing blame and necessary action, is a fatal flaw when considering how we should "judge" the actions of these cops.

Yes... I think we can all agree that we wish the dog would have been given sufficient training by its owner/handler to have simply sat quietly and "complied" when the officers were trying to round it up. But somewhere along the lines, NATURE stepped in, and the cops had to do what the cops had to do, to make CERTAIN that nobody got hurt. It is not the responsibility of the cops to sit down with the dog and review its "who have I attacked today" logbook! They had to act to protect an outcome, not to wax philosophical about man/dog/child. There is nothing complex about this. It ceases to be a debate about compassion at a certain point. When "Hostage negotiations for dogs" is a viable solution, I'll concede the point, but until then, Man v. Beast is an unfair fight. That's it. There's nothing else to it.

Drano
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 04:23 PM
FWIW from http://www.pbrc.net/faq.html

While aggression toward other dogs can be relatively common among pit bulls, aggression toward humans has never been a normal trait among these breeds. Pit bulls were not bred to be aggressive towards humans or for guarding purposes. This is one reason why they score so highly in tests such as the American Temperament Test Society’s standardized temperament test: http://www.atts.org (http://www.atts.org)
An often-overlooked fact of the APBT’s history is that human aggressive dogs have been actively culled from bloodlines. In the world of fighting, it is not useful or desirable for a dog to attack handlers or spectators.While developing the breed, breeders actively killed any APBTs that exhibited human aggression. The problem today is that there are likely a lot of back-yard breeds, and other mixed breeds. Under those circumstances there is always the chance that the human aggressive trait can go overlooked.

Two of my neighbors behind me have dogs. One has a bull mastiff, the other has a pit bull mix. If I go out into my back yard, the pit bull immediately starts barking, the other doesn't. If I approach the 6' wooden fence that separates the yards, the mastiff barks, the pit bull, on the other hand, begins jumping at the fence trying to climb over it to get to me, and I don't think it wants to be friends. Obviously I think my neighbors need to do a better job training their dog. When it starts barking, all they do is yell at it. But the fact that it's trying to climb the fence to take care of a perceived threat tells me that it's something in the dog's nature as well. On the other hand, my friends also own a pit bull mix that is well trained, he's still aggressive, but that aggressiveness is like that of an athlete, directed at playing, and he's a blast to play with and I'm never worried that he'll do something unexpected.

Now if you think certain breeds of dogs don't have a generalized disposition, then you've been living under a rock. For instance, I knew what to expect when I got my Siberian husky: extremely active, mischievous, strong willed, sociable, and kid friendly. Do pit bull owners know what they're getting into? I would hope so. They're an aggressive breed, which means they need extra care to point that aggression in the right direction. Done correctly, you get a fantastic dog. Done poorly, and you could possibly get one that wants to climb a fence to protect its family and guard its territory.

grim
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Grim is drinking because today was his last day with the company he's been with for 5 years, please continue on so I have entertaining shit to read.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Thats just the deaths champ. Of course you just shrug it off but a single bread of dog that KILLS that many people a year (twice the amount of all other dogs COMBINED) is worth looking at.

If 71% of the dead cars you picked up were Chevys you would tell everyone that they sucked, wouldnt you? Actually probably not, you would go buy one and then tell everyone how great they are. Anyways, you cant argue with the numbers. Well actually YOU can but im pretty sure that the graph shows exactly what anyone opposing you views is trying to say.
No i guess i jist look at life as a whole. 22 deaths in the grand scheme of things. Did you pit you kid in a cradle? Mr safe side? Im curious because how many more infants die in those. How about how many kids are killed by their own parents?

Grand schemes of life tells me there is many many many more things to worry about.

FZjake719
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Very well put drano, i was getting ready to compile a very similar response, now that im not at work and have time to do some searching.

Kudos to you, sir.

dapper
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 09:14 AM
The up and coming documentary, Link (http://www.hulu.com/watch/406777).
http://ib4.huluim.com/movie/60127311?size=220x318&fallback_to_the_invisible=1
http://www.hulu.com/watch/406777

Ghosty
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Great post Drano. Can't wait to see that movie, but I'm sure it'll piss me off and also be sad, just like the 'Animal Cops' show, ugh. One would hope the documentary is available to everyone for free eventually.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 12:39 PM
No i guess i jist look at life as a whole. 22 deaths in the grand scheme of things. Did you pit you kid in a cradle? Mr safe side? Im curious because how many more infants die in those. How about how many kids are killed by their own parents?

Grand schemes of life tells me there is many many many more things to worry about.

Awesome so when people see two pit bulls running around kids they should worry about cradles.

If you were in the ocean and saw a shark you wouldnt get scared? :lol: Its the same thing! Every time there is a shark in the water someone doesnt die but they are definitely viewed as a threat because of their reputation.

So who is the smarter human? The one that stays in the water when the shark is spotted or the one that gets out? I think you would be correct in answering the one that gets out. Similarly, I would say the same for someone seeing two pit bulls around kids. You should view them as a threat because of their ability and reputation.

If you do not view them as a threat you are not really fulfilling your obligation to society. Error on the side of caution, especially around kids. If you feel differently thats cool, I would bet there is a ton of people that would just turn a cheek but not me and not a lot of the people I surround myself with and if the outcome was the same I would have nooo problem knowing that my intent was to protect children and a potential terrible outcome.

The only argument you could throw that I might listen to is that you (guys) are pit owners so you would have more experience working with them and around them but even then you choice to work "with" the dogs instead of purely removing the threat (when necessary) might prove to be the wrong call if something turned and a kid (or yourself) got hurt or killed.

grim
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I agree with Ej as far as when it comes to children, if im going on one of my nieghborhood strolls with my daughter and a random dog comes running towards my kid and I you can bank I'm going to tackle the dog and dispatch it from this planet I don't give a shit what breed or size it is, any animal I am unfamiliar with running at my daughter is a threat and I will eliminate it. There are leash laws for a reason it's for the protection of others, animals are unpredictable just cause your dog has always been nice to people for 5 years doesn't mean all of the sudden it doesn't like the guy wearing glasses and decides to attack won't happen. Certain things can set an animal off at any time.

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Guezs i just dont live my life in fear. So many things that will hurt/kill you i just dont worry about the simple things. I mean i figured that would be something i thought we all shared as sport hike riders. Guess i was wrong.

So ezz i see your point... to a point. Let me ask you this. Do you play the lotto? You have about the same odds of winning the lotto. Im just curious because how many times in your life have you encountered a strange person with a dog? Once? Maybe twice? Yes sarcasm intended. The likelihood of ever even KNOWING someone who has a fatal encounter with any dog is so low its amazing.

Live your life. Dogs are a minor threat in this world of shit.

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM
But hey you wanted to bring up water.. as in sharks. By your reasoning you sgould never let your kid near water.

http://www.cdc.gov/HomeAndRecreationalSafety/Water-Safety/waterinjuries-factsheet.html

Ten people a day die in the water according to the cdc.

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Btw shark deaths are also very low. I think the max in one year was ten. Thats a pretty big number. Screw the sharks we need to do something about water. That shits dangerous.

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Bee/Wasp 53

Dogs 31

Spider 6.5

Rattlesnake 5.5

Mountain lion 1

Shark 1

Alligator 0.3

Bear 0.5

Scorpion 0.5

Centipede 0.5

Elephant 0.25

Wolf 0.1

Horse 20

Bull 3

Ezzzzy1
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Guezs i just dont live my life in fear. So many things that will hurt/kill you i just dont worry about the simple things. I mean i figured that would be something i thought we all shared as sport hike riders. Guess i was wrong.

So ezz i see your point... to a point. Let me ask you this. Do you play the lotto? You have about the same odds of winning the lotto. Im just curious because how many times in your life have you encountered a strange person with a dog? Once? Maybe twice? Yes sarcasm intended. The likelihood of ever even KNOWING someone who has a fatal encounter with any dog is so low its amazing.

Im glad this is what you were able to come up with based on what I wrote. We are talking about something that happened and how some people would react and what they think about the situation. I dont walk around paranoid or scared. Just saying my thoughts on the topic.

But hey you wanted to bring up water.. as in sharks. By your reasoning you sgould never let your kid near water.

http://www.cdc.gov/HomeAndRecreationalSafety/Water-Safety/waterinjuries-factsheet.html

Ten people a day die in the water according to the cdc.

I totally let my kids in the water by my reasoning, crack head, I would pull them out if there was a shark spotted. Follow along maing! You can do it!

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 02:43 PM
You want to bash me for calling names? Why am i a crack head? Because im showing you far greater threats out there then pit bulls?

Truly bro. You are screaming about safty of your family. Do you shoot reckless drivers you see? If someone starts driving arouns you erratically do you open fire? Do you even call the cops to report them?

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM

Obvious troll is obvious.

When I was six years old and my sister was four, two dobermans jumped our backyard fence and tried to kill us. My father hacked them to pieces with a machete. Fuck'em. Any dog I don't know is dead if they charge me or mine.

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Face palm. Sheep.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 03:13 PM
You want to bash me for calling names? Why am i a crack head? Because im showing you far greater threats out there then pit bulls?

Truly bro. You are screaming about safty of your family. Do you shoot reckless drivers you see? If someone starts driving arouns you erratically do you open fire? Do you even call the cops to report them?

Yes, yes and yes. :crazy:

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Yeah. And im ignorant. Im whote trash. You gave all the numbers and you are still scurd. Its not logical. Just ignorance.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 04:12 PM
To be honest with you, I would say ignorant would be thinking that an unknown pit bull around kids is not a threat. Ignorant would be pretty much everything you have said to defend your stance and beliefs. Ignorant would be trusting in someone elses pet to do the right thing.

Again man, you are always allowed to think what you want. I am not trying to change your mind just telling you what I think about the situation. Sorry you dont like it but honestly I dont think anyone is ever going to loose sleep over you disagreeing with them (even though its the first time in your life you have ever disagreed with anyone :lol:)

King Nothing
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
A pitbull was shot in c springs? Filed under, who gives a fuck and well done c springs pd. One less P.O.S. pitbull running around.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 04:33 PM
A pitbull was shot in c springs? Filed under, who gives a fuck and well done c springs pd. One less P.O.S. pitbull running around.

This should have been the first and last post in this thread.

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Hey look. Its dumb and dumber..... how you two doing?

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 05:06 PM
To be honest with you, I would say ignorant would be thinking that an unknown pit bull around kids is not a threat. Ignorant would be pretty much everything you have said to defend your stance and beliefs. Ignorant would be trusting in someone elses pet to do the right thing.

Again man, you are always allowed to think what you want. I am not trying to change your mind just telling you what I think about the situation. Sorry you dont like it but honestly I dont think anyone is ever going to loose sleep over you disagreeing with them (even though its the first time in your life you have ever disagreed with anyone :lol:)

No your mind is bassed off blind fear and ignorance. Much larger and truer threats go unseen and not even given a second thought.

Fact is if it wasnt for the media the rest of you wouldnt blink a eye at a pitbull.

And no i dont label strange dogs. They are all strange and if looked scared are given room. ALL dogs.

Basically im saying i wouldnt cross the street because i seen a black guy.

Now ej i understand you will have no idea what that line is supposed to mean but its an example.

ticktock4792
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 05:29 PM
going to be new in the summit county area shortly...but am from miami where there is a pitbull ban....lots of threads like this one goes on down in south fla:cyber:

have had dogs my whole life...all different types...conclusion....they are animals dont let us forget...so they can do the animal thing and be aggressive...now we train them to control that but in the end they are animals....

so one was out loose...well not one but two...they were prolly playing but they came near a school or a populated area...where there are kids....id shoot em also...IF they looked aggressive enough...i know we dont know the whole story...but we never do with the media...but two dogs(two bad asses) loose, plus kids...doesnt add up for success...the thing is what if they got to a kid first...you aint getting it off the kid without killin it...might as well try and prevent it...

i dont know about everyone but down here if you see a big dog out loose you just stay away...you never know...especially if its a pit...you know its breedl track record...

im also pretty sure if it was any breed of big dog they would of shot it... IF it showed the same signs of aggression...which we dont really know...

#1Townie
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Yes but the problem is what deemed these dogs aggressive? Thats what im saying. Or is just random dogs around kids the threat in its self? Maybe if the colorado springs police department wasnt such a bunch of idiots i wouldnt be questioning this. I mean after getting calls from to tow a civic scion and not even knowing their own laws and arresting innocent people. Yeah how about the morons that get their cruisers stuck on the railroad tracks. Nope ive seen that department in action. Reno 911 aint got shit on cspd.

dapper
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 06:46 PM
A lot of judgement and ego has let loose in this thread.

It is more important to be loving than making a point.

On topic:
There is an energetic connection too. Some people want to blame the owners of said dogs. This can be true, but there is more to the moment than we're able to see with our eyes. Special forces are taught how to feel and flow, using other senses they have tapped into for turning on.

If a dog is being yelled at, to 'shut-up' or other unloving methods. The dog has unreleased energy contained. Some dogs bark, to release energy. People and dogs must have ways to release energy.

I felt the fear of an LEO before, who I called to my home. While my dog was outside, I told the LEO that my dog senses fear, and was outside. A few minutes later, my dog comes inside, ignores the LEO who does not give off a fear vibe and corners the LEO who did.
I was watching the nervous LEO more than the other LEO and my dog knew it.

This is also similar to upset mothers and their children.
When the mother calms down, the children follow.

Ghosty
Mon Oct 8th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Filed under, who gives a fuck and well done c springs pd. One less P.O.S. pitbull running around.
This is not a 'baiting post', so don't assume I'm criticizing. What animals do you own yourself? Any particular past bad incidents in your life with Pits, aggressive dogs, or what? Or just going on what you've seen in the news and online concerning Pits?

#1Townie
Mon Oct 8th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I think a little more just trying to bait me. We have a history.

grim
Mon Oct 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I think a little more just trying to bait me. We have a history.

Past lovers? :gay:

#1Townie
Mon Oct 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah something like that.

bluedogok
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 12:55 PM
I know that every time a cop shoots a dog there is a big uproar about it, as there should be but here's a story about a good thing that police did with an sick dog that was tossed aside by its louse of an owner.

Life With Dogs - Police Save Severely Ill Pit Bull Dumped by Drunk Driver (http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/07/police-save-severely-ill-pit-bull-dumped-by-drunk-driver/)