PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Technologies

Sarge
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Not really a "shop" per se, but just had an awesome experience with these guys that I thought I would share.

Today I was installing left and right Woodcraft engine case covers. Left side went on like a breeze. It just snapped on over the case, so no issues at all.

When I got to the right side, I removed the OEM cover, went to slide on the Woodcraft cover and oops, doesn't fit. Inspect it a little closer and see that the rod holding the timing chain gear doesn't quite fit in the slotted hole on the cover.

So, I button everything back up and give Woodcraft a call. They answer after like two rings, I state "I just tried installing this engine cover on my s1000rr" and the guy immediately asks "Is it a 2012?" Yup. "Ok, the 2012 is slightly out of spec. We actually just got a shipment back from the machine shop today. Let me get your mailing and email address and I'll make sure to get you one in the mail today and send you a return UPS label for the other."

Bam, just like that, problem solved. Major thumbs up to these guys. :up:

He also thanked me for not forcing it on and my response was something along the lines of "Why the hell would I do that?" and he told me that he'd had a few guys call in stating "Hey man, I stuck this thing on with a rubber mallet and now I can't get it off!" Turns out the rod is actually floating, and if you pull it out the timing chain, gears, washers, etc fall into the engine case, meaning it's going to be a baaaad day.

TransNone13
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 01:49 PM
"Hey man, I stuck this thing on with a rubber mallet and now I can't get it off!"

Yeah....

Ghosty
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah and the idiots probably beat the shit out of it to force it on. Oh well, sucks to be them.