PDA

View Full Version : Need something from bestbuy?

laspariahs
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Sorry if this isn't the right place, if you'd rather move it to sales that's fine.

Anyways I have a lot if gift card money at bestbuy, so if you want something from there you would really be helping me out if you would just let me buy it for you. I can meet you at any bestbuy almost anytime. I have enough to cover pretty much anything they sell.

grim
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM
umm Like you will buy it and give it to us? cause i d love a new tv for my living room.

FZ1Guy
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Sell them for less than face value?

laspariahs
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I can't I've already lost 300+ dollars and 6 months of my time wrestling with them. I realize it's a long shot, I mean I'm just some dude on the internet. Someone asked how much I have, 3204. They don't expire so I mean either me and my family will be set on electronic stuff for a while..... or this is all I can think of. I really could use 3204 in cash. Anyways like I said I can't loose another dollar on this whole deal if not just for my own sanity.

3D
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I can't I've already lost 300+ dollars and 6 months of my time wrestling with them. I realize it's a long shot, I mean I'm just some dude on the internet. Someone asked how much I have, 3204. They don't expire so I mean either me and my family will be set on electronic stuff for a while..... or this is all I can think of. I really could use 3204 in cash. Anyways like I said I can't loose another dollar on this whole deal if not just for my own sanity.

Most of the time, a gift card is given as a gift. (hence the name "gift card") I'm trying to understand how you have 3204 in gift cards that you apparently paid for yourself. If you paid for them yourself, you are dumb. If you have received them from other people as a gift, then you can't possibly be out any $$$ if you sell them for less. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not understanding your reasoning behind this. Something don't smell right.

Ghosty
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I'm sure people might wanna help ya out, but only if they know 100% these are legit sourced, not "fell off the back of a truck, or found in an alley", lol. Not making accusations, just saying with any random unknown online person, and for the reasons 3D listed above, expect for people to want a good explanation, or they will be hesitant. Just some friendly advice to help you accomplish your goal. GLWS.

200sr20
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM
^What he said.
If legit I could use a microwave

Vitesse
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/funny-seems-legit-shoes-van.jpg

Jmetz
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I'm gonna guess it's store credit that was refunded via gift card. Happens a fair bit.

Cornfed
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Sell them for less than face value?

I can't I've already lost 300+ dollars and 6 months of my time wrestling with them.......Someone asked how much I have, 3204.

Between this and the whole "used leathers at new retail price or Im takin em to the pawn shop!" Its a fricken plethora of good deals in here! :no:

CSC a great place to buy over priced shit! :jerkoff:

laspariahs
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Jmetz is correct. I'll post the whole thing when I get home. I have a mountain of receipts and stuff. Anyways.

laspariahs
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Btw a nikon d800 with tax is 3204. Look up d800 focusing issue or problem. Anyways once I get off a phone ill post more.

laspariahs
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Ok, so back in the spring, the D800 was released, and very hard to get, I had ordered from Amazon, but they kept moving back their delivery date. Anyways, on DPreview people were just walking in to a best buy and buying them. So I called around and the best buy near park medows mall had them, so I drove down and bought one, canceled my order, well right after I bought it, I went back in and bought a protection plan or whatever for it.

Well, I use it, and after a while notice that TADA, some of the pictures aren't exactly in focus, I chalk it up to my error, but after time goes on, well it wasn't focusing properly, all the left had sensors didn't work. Instead of just returning it, I like an IDIOT, called nikon, and sent it in to get repaired. BTW, if you are not completely satisfied in the first two months, RETURN THE DAMN THING, DO NOT HAVE ANYONE REPAIR IT. Anyways, I send it in, $64 dollars in shipping, and after a while they return it. I think it's fixed, go back to just using it, well now it's all random, still crap. So, I send it back in to nikon, BTW they make you take about a thousand damn photos to show them the issue... Well this time they paid for shipping, well I get it back after a while. Honestly by now I'm just like F it and throw it in the corner for a while, probably a couple weeks. then I use it, and it's still crap, so I look on DPreview, I bought FOCAL, it's like 150 for the version I needed, and it attaches to the serial number, so it's now useless to me, STILL CRAP, now like 2 sensors are like completely dead. So I'm like twice with nikon, I take it to bestbuy, and they tell me that I should have returned it imediately and now they had to try to fix it. Well long story short it came back physically broken from them. This was like 2 weeks ago. So after a huge battle, I get them to just give me another damn camera, Well it comes, serial # 304XXXX, my previous peice of shit was 3002XXX, so I'm like ok, I hear that they might have fixed it, and I try it.... You guessed it, it's wrong. Honestly if someone else told me this crap, I wouldn't believe it. So I go in and try to take it back, well, they can't take it back because it's not in the system or some crap, whatever. Anyways another huge battle insues, and the best option was these stupid gift cards. I guess I could just buy another D800! But frankly, I'm pretty much soured on Nikon, and you can look back at my posts in the photography thread, I was pretty damn ammped on this whole D800 nonsesne, I sold my d700 to buy it, which was a great camera, I have a freaking Film F5 I've had for like 15 years. Now, I'm pretty much just going to dump the nikon system I think, though I'll get wasted on lenses and other shit in the used market, I don't know...

So the total is 280-6 months, so they gave me back 233 in cash for the warranty or whatever, and then stiffed me for 3204 in gift cards, which again is the price of a D800 with tax. Then it was like 150 for focal pro, I don't remember exactly then 64 to ship it in to Nikon, so I guess that's $261, plus all the time and anger. So I guess not QUITE 300+, but close enough.

TurboGizzmo
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Sell it? https://www.plasticjungle.com/

Cornfed
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Alright, alright I geet it. Sorry I blew up. :lol:
Seriously though, dude that really sucks. Good luck with the sale.

laspariahs
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM
It's alright . Im sure I would be cautious. And I'm really only made at bestbuy, and myself. They have told me like 78 times if I wouldn't have tried to get it repaired I would have my money right now. Which I think is total crap. So I do what I would think is the right thing, get it fixed, but I've been advised by everyone at bestbuy return it instantly. Btw the guy today said they can override a return u to 2get months out. So keep that in mind.

Sully
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
gahh, Chad.. sometimes you can be so mean and insensitive... :slap: :lol:

kalibra
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 04:35 PM
The English language from the long post above gave me a headache.Seriously !

grim
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Look man my offer is still on the table, I want a new tv you've got the gift card how do we get to the cheese?

laspariahs
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Look man my offer is still on the table, I want a new tv you've got the gift card how do we get to the cheese?

I pmed you.

I admit freely I am not very eloquent on this issue. But there you have it. I'm pretty much worn down lately from things just not going as well as one might hope.

grim
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I pmed you.

I admit freely I am not very eloquent on this issue. But there you have it. I'm pretty much worn down lately from things just not going as well as one might hope.

Sarcasm detector is running low on juice I was joking man. It was in refrence to getting me a "free" tv :lol:

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I like to help out when I can. There's a good chance I'm getting the Assassins Creed Playstation bundle when they come out in 4-5 weeks. I don't need a deal from you but you do have to meet me at the store, and pay at the counter. If you still have them at that time... I'm in Arvada and work in Westminster.

laspariahs
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I like to help out when I can. There's a good chance I'm getting the Assassins Creed Playstation bundle when they come out in 4-5 weeks. I don't need a deal from you but you do have to meet me at the store, and pay at the counter. If you still have them at that time... I'm in Arvada and work in Westminster.

Yeah, that's how it would go down. I can meet you, anytime except Thursdays, just let me know when. I'll probably still have them then.

Clovis
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 09:24 PM
You could buy something at best buy with the cards, return and then ask for a check instead of putting it on the gift card.

laspariahs
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 09:37 PM
You could buy something at best buy with the cards, return and then ask for a check instead of putting it on the gift card.

Yeah, I looked at their terms and conditions, and they don't allow that, you can only get it back in the same way you were charged. They will give it to you back in a check if it's easier for them, but not when they can give you these cards. I'll look in to it more.

"What is your return policy on purchases made using gift cards?
You may return items for which you used gift cards in accordance with our regular Return Policy. After making a purchase, keep your gift card until you receive the item and are sure you're satisfied with it. The gift card amount applied to the item being returned will be credited back to your gift card.
"

buddahson
Fri Oct 5th, 2012, 09:40 PM

That's going to be a problem. If items are purchased with a gift card, they will only refund to a gift card. It does not have to go back to the original but they will generate a new card if you return something purchased with a gift card. Keep that in mind if you're helping the OP out on this.

JonnyD
Sat Oct 6th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Go around town and pre-purchase a bunch of Wii-u's and hock them for double the price at xmas? Or get a Canon? ;)

laspariahs
Sat Oct 6th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Go around town and pre-purchase a bunch of Wii-u's and hock them for double the price at xmas? Or get a Canon? ;)

Yeah I thought about the buying some new console thing....

Anyways, I'm going to try to go in and buy amazon gift cards, since I shop there a lot.

We'll see how it goes. I only need 64 of them, since I hear they only sell them at 50$ amounts. Though some people say they have stopped selling them, but some say they still do. Anyways they open at 10 so We'll find out soon.

As for switching to canon, I'd lose a lot in selling the Nikon lenses I have. I don't know, I'm pretty torn on that option. Plus now I just want my money back honestly.

Bueller
Sat Oct 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM
About a week late on this, just spent $1100 there last weekend, sorry.

laspariahs
Sat Oct 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Well, I got it figured out.... :)

Ghosty
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Wow! Nikon is suppose to be the king shit cameras in that (high-end) price range. Sorry to hear you went through a nightmare. Hopefully you can get a real nice comparable Canon rig after you sell your giftcards.

laspariahs
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Wow! Nikon is suppose to be the king shit cameras in that (high-end) price range. Sorry to hear you went through a nightmare. Hopefully you can get a real nice comparable Canon rig after you sell your giftcards.

Yeah, I've owned Nikon's for about 14 years now, and never had to use their customer service, which apparently is a good thing, their customer service sucks. I still have my F5, which works as well today as the day I bought it. I couldn't be more disappointed in Nikon.

I have the gift card thing 90% worked out at the moment. I only have about 382 left on the gift card, which will probably be taken care of tomorrow.

asp_125
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 11:49 AM
+1 Nikon customer service sucks. I sent a spare body to them to fix the shutter, it took 3 months to get it done and back.

laspariahs
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Ok, well I'm through with the gift cards. How it worked out was I went in to buy Amazon gift cards with my best buy ones, since I buy things from Amazon all the time. Well I noticed they had these Visa prepaid cards, that you could get up to 200 dollars on. So I've been going around and buying them with my BB gift card. They will only sell you a couple at 200 at a time, and I've heard they really aren't supposed to sell them to you using a BB gift card, so I've only been doing a couple at each location. They are as good as a credit card, so I'm just going to use them to pay for everything until they are gone. So if you ever get in this situation, Visa Prepaid card. There is a catch though, you have to pay 6 dollars for a 200 dollar card, which is only 3%, not the 12% those stupid gift card sales places will take from you, at a minimum, also they are shady as can be, just Google it, they stiff people for 50 dollar gift cards, I can't imagine going with them with this kind of money.

Problem pretty much solved.

laspariahs
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Anyways, so yes I did lose another 96 dollars on this whole deal, but frankly it's worth the lack of stress of it being over.

laspariahs
Sun Oct 7th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Well I just talked to my bank and they said they can probably just swipe these stupid things right in to my bank account. Nice.