PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Reports Subscription? Need a couple reports.

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Oct 14th, 2012, 05:38 PM
If anyone has a subscription, can you grab me the pickup truck comparos and reviews for model years '11 and '12 from their online site? Thanks!

derekm
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 12:07 AM
buy a ford, mike row has a hott voice(and ass)

maktastik_jr.
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 12:21 AM
whatever you do dont buy a dodge with that new six speed auto on there hemi. PIECE OF SHIT

#1Townie
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Get a jeep Cherokee. They can out tow the 1500 trucks according to the new commercial.

JKOL
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
The new F150s are awesome. Dodge is shit unless you are getting a 3/4 or 1 ton with a Cummins. Chevy just doesn't give you nearly as much for your money and the interior is nothing to get excited about, back seat room in a 4 door is pathetic at best.

My dad has always been a Chevy guy, he liked riding in my F150 so much, he went out and got a 2012 Platinum. The supercrews have more room than the back seat of any truck or SUV I have been in and the Ecoboost motor is a monster. The Ford Sync system is one of the best systems at integrating phone/Ipod, of any car on the road.

Keyser Soze
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM
EcoBoost F150 FTW.

maktastik_jr.
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
+ 1 on new f-one fiddys in either 5.0l or the ecoboost. heard the little ecoboost was fucking quick. ex girlfriends parents bought the 5.0l four door xlt about a month ago and it was super nice and super comfy

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Ram 1500 is the only traditional pickup that made the Motor Trend top 10 trucks this year. That's why I want the reports for the last couple years to see what does and doesn't have major issues...

maktastik_jr.
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM
i dont know much about the dodge half tons. all i know is we bought a 2012 dodge 2500 gasser 4 door long bed for a shop truck and we now have 27k miles on it and we have already replaced the trans once and rebuilt it one more time. that truck is a piece. all the electronics blow, cruise control blows, even with the 6 speed auto, mileage sucks, even the horn sucks. you go to punch the horn and after a half second lag, it toots. drives me fucking crazy. trans shifts like shit, miserable to tow with because once it downshifts into third to go up a hill or pass something, it literally just wont up shift unless you let off the gas completely so it just sits and whines out in third at like 4k rpm reducing your mileage to about 4 mpg. and thats not even towing a heavy trailer.