PDA

View Full Version : HPR North trackday Saturday October 20th

aspenbum
Sun Oct 14th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone is going? I plan of riding the full day on my gsxr 600 and i know of a couple guys going on R1's

Radek
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Ill be there if my moto is fixed before Saturday , would like to get carport and power ,keep my fingers crossed and prayers sent.

Tiutis
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I plan on being there for second half! First time and I'm thrilled! Hope to talk to some of you!

madvlad
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I may get out there to spectate, have nothing to do this weekend lol

aspenbum
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Right now we have 4 maybe 5 guys going for a full day throwing in on a 6 punch pass.

Need 1-2 more guys to throw in!

Call text 9703554990

Email ryan@cadquest.com

$132/person

madvlad
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I may be in for a full day, text you in a few to confirm

aspenbum
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Have 5, need one more madvlad!

madvlad
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I think a full day will be a bit much so just going to do a half day, sorry.

pdfruth
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Planning to do a half day (the afternoon half). C U all there :-)

Tiutis
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 08:12 AM
It was a good day, a bunch of good people out there, perfect weather! Didn't crash but had a few iffy situations:)

Bueller
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 08:24 AM
It was an awesome afternoon for a ride! I still had a lot of stiffness/pain in my left knee so I couldn't get my foot up on peg and I couldn't lean off the bike in the left hand turns. But the F2 beater did pretty well on Q2's. Ended up turning a couple laps that were close to my fast laps on the SV for N. Course.
Great to ride with some longtime friends and new ones too.

madvlad
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the punch Buell!... That F2 really deceives the eye, you were flying on that thing even with the knee issue. Good seeing you out there along with rybo, applehans, Jim, Badr6man and I'm sure I'm missing some but well had a great deal of experience watching you guys and following lines, gaining experience slowly but surely lol

Great day indeed, very mellow, wish I could've got a few more sessions in but that migraine was kicking my ass lol, however lapping days is where its at! Special thanks to Wolfeyez and tecknojoe!... Probably the best birthday weekend I've had so far.

aspenbum
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 04:24 PM
I had a blast yesterday!! I got some very good help from Rybo and would recommend his Chicane Trackday Lessons to anyone who rides a motorcycle! He is an excellent teacher and really knows what he is talking about!

I got some really good videos of the afternoon sessions that I will post links to later after I get them uploaded. Now I am going to muscle up the energy to unpack the truck and trailer.

Tiutis
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Somebody's great track skills on R6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qo2geD6zVc

buddahson
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 10:40 PM
Somebody's great track skills on R6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qo2geD6zVc

That's me. I certainly wouldn't call it great, but it's an improvement over where I was. I had a great afternoon. Good seeing you guys out there.

Oh and whatever that rattle is between 6k and 10k RPMS is driving me nuts. I can't find it for the life of me though.

madvlad
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 10:52 PM
Who is that person that passed you there towards the end? Cause it kind of looks like me but I don't remember passing many people yesterday. I have to get me a Go Pro damn it lol

buddahson
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 11:11 PM
dunno, but it's not uncommon for me to get passed.

madvlad
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 11:14 PM
dunno, but it's not uncommon for me to get passed.

I got passed a ton too, only my 2nd time at the track ever. Rybo, dude with the red CBR1000 and that dude with the red R1 passed me pretty close giving me a good scare but sure good to get exposed to that just to learn to expect it and not panic. Been racing long?

buddahson
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 11:20 PM
I've never raced, but I have been doing track days for just about a year. Two or three full days, about 7 half days and one lowside in all. I'm going to do a superstreet next year for sure. We'll see where it goes from there. I'd love to race but motorcycles do not come naturally to me and it's been a lot of work to get where I'm at.

madvlad
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 11:26 PM
Word man, practice makes perfect and what matters is that you're giving it a try and not quitting on it. Superstreet is hella fun, first rime at the track was actually S.S back in August at HPR. Hooked ever since lol

rybo
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 11:29 PM
I got passed a ton too, only my 2nd time at the track ever. Rybo, dude with the red CBR1000 and that dude with the red R1 passed me pretty close giving me a good scare but sure good to get exposed to that just to learn to expect it and not panic. Been racing long?

Hey Damir -

If I passed you close yesterday I'm really sorry - I make a conscious effort to leave a lot of space on lapping days and the only close pass that I remember is one where someone looked back and changed line just before I went around (making the pass closer in that case) and I'm pretty sure that wasn't you.

Again - my apologies if I spooked you at all.

Scott

madvlad
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
All good Scott, I'm not mad at all lol so no need to apologize. Just commenting on the experience and a good one it was to get exposed in a passing situation to scare the noob out of me haha. You're a great rider and I know you wouldnt do such thing with the purpose of doing wrong. Like said, just part of the experience haha but thanks for the thought. Also what may seem close to me, may be normal passing range to you, so like said no hard feelings.

Bueller
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 06:16 AM
If you start racing you will get passed ultra tight and in places you wouldn't expect. It's good to get used to the gentle ones ahead of time :lol:
I used to ride Supermotos with a guy with the initials of AC that used to like to bang handlebar ends.

aspenbum
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:59 PM
Here are a couple afternoon sessions from my K6 GSXR 600

https://vimeo.com/52032829

https://vimeo.com/52032830

pdfruth
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 07:56 PM

dude with the red CBR1000 = probably me = apologies.

I don't recall any scary moments that day, perse. But, I do remember my first few times on the track, and all the bikes with number plates passing me like I was standing still. It was an unnerving experience for sure. So, I shall try to keep that in mind and be more conscious of this the next time we're out there together.

WolFeYeZ
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 08:38 PM
dude with the red CBR1000 = probably me = apologies.

I don't recall any scary moments that day, perse. But, I do remember my first few times on the track, and all the bikes with number plates passing me like I was standing still. It was an unnerving experience for sure. So, I shall try to keep that in mind and be more conscious of this the next time we're out there together.

Why don't you race? Your times with stock suspension put you top 3 of both novice and amateur open classes.

madvlad
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Like said no hard feelings at all man, just sharing my experience from the seat being only my 2nd time at the track (1 superstreet and this half day session) so it was good that the noob got scared out of me, preparing me better for next time haha. It was a very good day of riding, no major incidents thankfully.

pdfruth
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Why don't you race? Your times with stock suspension put you top 3 of both novice and amateur open classes.

Oooo [heavy sigh]... if only I were younger.
Sadly, it's just not in the cards for me, for many reasons.
Chief among them - age, and my day job. It sucks getting old. Don't do it.

madvlad
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Never too late man, by all means enjoy now

mkdiehl
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:13 AM
Agreed. I raced novice this year at 40....was still able to do well against the young'ins.

I wouldn't let age stop you. Most of the fast MRA folk are "advanced" in age.

madvlad
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:23 AM
Fogs=MRA lol... Hell if I had the chance to race even at 80 I'd still do it.

Mother Goose
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Oooo [heavy sigh]... if only I were younger.
Sadly, it's just not in the cards for me, for many reasons.
Chief among them - age, and my day job. It sucks getting old. Don't do it.
Come on Pat!! Come race with me!

BTW, you need to make a sticker for the gear indicators, I want to throw one on the race bodywork. :D

pdfruth
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Come on Pat!! Come race with me!

The part-out has begun.
The bike has gone up for sale... if you know someone interested.

pdfruth
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 08:47 AM
BTW, you need to make a sticker for the gear indicators, I want to throw one on the race bodywork. :D

Sticker.... sticker... you're going to need more than a sticker to get you a checker flag... j/k :-)