PDA

View Full Version : wind

redzuk
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Anyone actually been knocked over? Going out 285 near 470 was kind of scary this morning. I was leaning pretty hard just to go straight. That wasnt any fun.

longrider
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I have never been knocked over but I have had it almost push me out of my lane

mdub
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I remember Jan 29th this yr. Rode with some riff raffs to Hwy 7 from 7-11 Golden. We all lean hard.

Wrider
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Worst wind I ever rode in was a 50-60 MPH crosswind as I was going S on I25 just south of the Springs. The hills there block part of it, then it hits you full force, then nothing then full force. I was going from straight up and down to almost scraping pegs on my cruiser just to keep straight. I gave up and went home.

redzuk
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the responses, figured most of you been through something like that. There were a couple moments I was wondering what I got myself into. thats a strange feeling leaning over like that and going straight. I'm glad it wasnt January. The big gust's mostly came from the north, sometimes it would die down then one hits you from the other direction, that kind of makes you feel sea sick

kawasakirob
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 12:58 PM
^ sometimes it can be fun! Leaning hard but going in a straight line... It weirds my mind out. Hurts the neck after riding with heavy wind for extended durations though :lol:

Vance
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Wind is why I crashed back in October '09
Working out in Broomfield I was caught in a fast moving inbound storm that whipped up 80mph+ crosswinds down along the flatirons.

Unfortunately I didn't get out of work fast enough - and got nailed pulling out of work - one massive blast pushed me over to an unexpected angle - and then I tried to compensate and get back upright - but I got hit again by a harder crosswind - and it shoved me right over - hard.

Broke my wrist in 7 places... that was my stupidity in trying to brace myself for the fall.

Now - the spousal unit is paranoid about me riding in wind when I get a new bike, and to be honest, so am I, given where I work and how nasty the wind can spool up in the blink of an eye over there.

3point5
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:12 PM
Steady wind isnt too bad but the gusts are bad…mine was on south bound I25 near Park Avenue just north of downtown…big gust came and pushed me out of my lane. I recovered fine but it was pretty scary at the time