PDA

View Full Version : Fold away or aftermarket Levers

BlueDevil
Mon Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:03 AM
Well since it seems any crash I get into I get a new lever out of the deal, I figured Id see whats out there. First off No CRG, Im not paying 150 bucks for somethinng that will still break. Im trying to find some fold away levers or similar styles..... Any links, or suggestions?

Also I have a different clutch perch and lever on my R6 that came with the bike. Clutch is stock though. I cant for the life of me determine what it is. An OEM lever will not fit on it. The openeing of the perch where the lever goes into is skinnier than OEM. The lever itself is considerable shorted than stock and skinnier as well.... Any ideas what kind this is? THere is no name ingraved or marked on it anywhere. I really like it and would like to find another one like it. I dont have any contact with the preciolus owner or I woudl ask him..... Thanks fort any suggestions.

BlueDevil
Mon Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:07 AM
Here is th4e only pic I have on hand. If it helps.

NineTwoFour
Mon Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:19 AM
I'm pretty sure CRG makes a set of folding levers too.

Of course, they are twice as expensive as their "normal" levers. :lol:

Bertha
Mon Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:55 AM
http://www.yamahaofnapa.com/acproductdetails_4_5_11_3_205_4088_All_1.aspx

Maybe this will fit?

http://www.yamahaofnapa.com/images/accessories/250/gyt5sf373000-250.jpg

BlueDevil
Mon Aug 22nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Nice..... Wish I could try one out to make sure it fit before I bought it.
69.95 is pricey but if U crasha dn dont have to replace levers each time, it would pay for itself.......
Someone mentioned using a dremmel to slot the back side close to the bal on the end, this way it would break off or bend there instead of the entire lever......... Anyone try this?

Desmo
Tue Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:47 AM
Someone mentioned using a dremmel to slot the back side close to the bal on the end, this way it would break off or bend there instead of the entire lever......... Anyone try this?

I think that is a great idea.. On my Duc the stock levers have small slots cut on back of the levers. This prevents the entire lever braking and lets you still ride the bike. I’m not sure why the Japanese manufactures don’t do this. I have been also thinking about cutting a small slot in the back of the levers (about 1.5 inches from the ball) on my R6. It might not help every time, but its worth the extra security. I think all you have to do is cut a small V slot a few millimeters deep and should be good to go..

BlueDevil
Tue Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:49 AM
Any chance of getting a pic? I think I may try this.....

Desmo
Tue Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
I will take a pic of the ones on the Duc later tonight and post them up for you...

BlueDevil
Tue Aug 23rd, 2005, 10:18 AM
thanks man.

kevplus2
Thu Aug 25th, 2005, 10:17 PM
have you checked pazzo racing (http://www.pazzoracing.com/) ?

better prices than crg and they make shorties

BlueDevil
Fri Aug 26th, 2005, 06:09 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

But to much to risk in a crash. DO they also have the folding ability?

ASV starts at 55 bucks. Thats not to bad. But they are dirt bike levers. At least for now. The R&D dept says sportbike levers are on the way. But the clutch leve will work same on sportbikes and its a shorty as well...

Im thinking about leaning that way.....

Desmo
Fri Aug 26th, 2005, 07:47 AM
O CRAP!!!!
I totally forgot to take them pictures... I will do it tonight.. sorry about that man..

BlueDevil
Fri Aug 26th, 2005, 08:27 AM
no trouble. I aint buying or doing anything today.... :D

Desmo
Fri Aug 26th, 2005, 10:27 PM
OK man,
this is the best picture I could get of it..

I hope this helps

Bueller
Sun Aug 28th, 2005, 07:19 AM
My new race bike came with CRG shorty's but I am putting them on my street bike. :idea:
LP has a folding lever for Brembo, but when I lowsided at CDR the tip broke off and it didn't fold.

BlueDevil
Mon Aug 29th, 2005, 06:31 AM
OK man,
this is the best picture I could get of it..

I hope this helps

Perfect. Thats what I had pictured in my head. Thanks

BlueDevil
Tue Nov 1st, 2005, 01:15 PM
Interesting enough I finally found out what lever this was. Its an aftermarket Zookie dirt bike lever. Recently used on their 400 dirt bike.

Ahhhhh nice