PDA

View Full Version : Figured out who im voting for!

Ezzzzy1
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/2012.jpg

Vellos
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 03:03 PM
http://www.isidewith.com/

TransNone13
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Big surprise, it told me I was a Libertarian. Also said I was an 88% with Johnson... who the hell is that?

Ezzzzy1
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.isidewith.com/

Been there, done that...

Really over the politics, the people that think they know what our problems are and the people that think they know all the ways to "fix" our country.

Seems to me that we are the product of social irresponsibility and a society that has no idea how to collectively work together unless it involves money. This country is bursting at the seams with idiots with broken moral compasses that are raising the next generation of shitheads.

...Getting off soapbox now...

longrider
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 03:49 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/2012.jpg

I have said for years I could get elected to any office in the country with no campaigning at all if I could just change my name to None Of The Above

mdub
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 03:56 PM
i'm voting for romney and no on 64.

Vance
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
This is kind of funny...

It said I am:
82% Democrat

66% Republican

65% Green

21% Libertarian

... I ran under the Libertarian party in my 2002 election efforts.
I guess they were right when they said I only embraced some of the core concepts! :dunno:

Vellos
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM
i'm voting for romney and no on 64.

Who would have guessed? :roll:

maktastik_jr.
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I love election season
-No one ever

asp_125
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
61% Democrat
57% Libertarian

55% Republican

30% Green

Gary Johnson who?

Clovis
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 05:24 PM
89% Romney
72% Gary Johnson (Yes, I know who this is!)
64% Virgil Goode (who??)
43% Obama (Oh, shit)

maktastik_jr.
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 05:29 PM
91% Gary Johnson

TransNone13
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
The only reason I loved presidential elections, the parodies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8-pxBuFvaw&feature=g-u-u

PS Key and Peele is Awesome!

longrider
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Gary Johnson 88%
Mitt Romney 79%
Virgil Goode 65% (who?)
Barack Obama 54% (oh shit)

overall about what I expected, if I HAD to declare a party it would be Libertarian

Edit: Clovis, I did not intentionally copy your comments

TransNone13
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Weird, more people should vote. The people abstaining are the moderates :(.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I am Mormon so I am forced to vote for Romney...

The Black Knight
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Who would have guessed? :roll:
You mad bro??

TransNone13
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Another good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UrOmhH2PeI&feature=related

Bell curve, just bell curve.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Ok... Im not Mormon but I wonder what they think about voting?

thankgod
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 11:09 PM
THERE IS NO HOPE IN ANY OF THESE ASSHOLES.:dunno:

thankgod
Thu Oct 18th, 2012, 11:11 PM

If it involves five wives that I don't have to pay attention too....I'm sooooo in!!!!

Clovis
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM

Probably the same way Catholics think. Granted the Mormon community is a much smaller and tight knit community but I don't think people will simply vote for a canidate for his religion any more then another group would vote for one simply because of their race.

Oh, wait.

grim
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I don't know what the inside of a voting booth looks like and I never will.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Probably the same way Catholics think. Granted the Mormon community is a much smaller and tight knit community but I don't think people will simply vote for a canidate for his religion any more then another group would vote for one simply because of their race.

Oh, wait.

I dont know man... Im thinking its more like a guilt thing. I spoke with a friend the other day that said in church (Mormon) they had been playing a rally like video.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I don't know what the inside of a voting booth looks like and I never will.

No surprise there...

Its funny how full this country is of people that "do whatever they want". Please feel free but I see this place as being half broken purely because of that type of mentality.

grim
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
No surprise there...

Its funny how full this country is of people that "do whatever they want". Please feel free but I see this place as being half broken purely because of that type of mentality.

Oh do please elaborate on this......"I do whatever I want"

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Romney can take a BIG SUCK................

http://www.nationofchange.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_main_image/concernedmittt2012.jpg

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/frankschaeffer/2012/10/warning-romneys-mormon-neoconservative-jingoism-may-kill-your-child/

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Truthfully, that's why the more intelligent service members don't want this man elected.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Oh do please elaborate on this......"I do whatever I want"

You are the one making your decisions, correct? As in no one else is telling you what to do?

You are doing whatever you want then? Yes? No?

I would say this. If you gave a shit about your country, you would vote. You are part of our country that has forgotten what a privilege it is because you choose to not get involved.

Thats your choice. But as said before - You are doing whatever you want. Thanks for your lack of contribution (and dont throw the service card because that almost makes it worse that you wouldnt even vote for whoever your boss was)

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I can hear Grim popping his knuckles now :lol:

Im not trying to talk shit. Trust me when I say that how I feel about Americans being proud of not voting is probably a 5 out of 10. But its pretty offensive to some people.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Mods, probably time to move this one to the Political thread....

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I choose not to vote, I feel that while serving, your focus should be on the mission. Not the politics behind it... Some are very self-serving and feel entitled to more than they deserve. That being said, I wish more people did.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were civilians and citizens? :eyebrows:

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:00 AM
You guys would be fucked if you had to try to explain to any of the founding fathers why you dont vote :lol:

Its all bologna.

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
You guys would be fucked if you had to try to explain to any of the founding fathers why you dont vote :lol:

Its all bologna.

No, I have several good arguments against service members voting.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:02 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/tumblr_lae4tvcyPz1qbeou3.jpg

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
No, I have several good arguments against service members voting.

I would be open to hear them.

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:10 AM
On my personal behalf, my family has been in military service since they've immigrated here from Europe. I would be hard pressed to substantiate me voting in my state of record. I've lived there three years in my life. I am also still active, what right do I have to affect an outcome of political elections which I am unfairly representing myself. And we all know, or should, national politics originate at the local level.

It's a conflict of interest. I'm here to serve, not question. I have strong convictions, but feel duty bound to not exercise them. On top of that, these shitty little "I got mine" service members feel entitled to a king's ransom for their service. It should be an honor...

I do however believe that to gain citizenship you should serve your country in some manner. Otherwise you're simply a civilian and have not earned the right to effect change in this country.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Hmm... I guess I could agree with some of that. I would think that voting without being all that well informed is probably just as bad as not voting.

Maybe I just dont like the way it sounds? Americans not voting... :dunno:

Clovis
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:31 AM
On my personal behalf, my family has been in military service since they've immigrated here from Europe. I would be hard pressed to substantiate me voting in my state of record. I've lived there three years in my life. I am also still active, what right do I have to affect an outcome of political elections which I am unfairly representing myself. And we all know, or should, national politics originate at the local level.

It's a conflict of interest. I'm here to serve, not question. I have strong convictions, but feel duty bound to not exercise them. On top of that, these shitty little "I got mine" service members feel entitled to a king's ransom for their service. It should be an honor...

I do however believe that to gain citizenship you should serve your country in some manner. Otherwise you're simply a civilian and have not earned the right to effect change in this country.

I mostly agree with you all though I would ammend it to you have to pay at least something in federal taxes to vote in federal elections. Everyone should have some skin in the game and it's easy to demand stuff if someone elsle has to pay for it.

Why should those who pay no taxes have the right to make demands of those who pay for everything?

grim
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Hmm... I guess I could agree with some of that. I would think that voting without being all that well informed is probably just as bad as not voting.

Think about what you just said.....

Americans not voting= people exercising there rights it has nothing to do with lack of knowledge or contribution. It's called opinion and everyone is entitled to it, if it puts a bad taste in your mouth then maybe you are no better than the people trying to take our rights away.

Ej I like you but if you seriously think that just because someone chooses not to vote they are showing there lack of contribution and that they don't give a shit about the country i am inclined to call you an idiot.

asp_125
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:37 AM

Part of the problem is the disenfranchised voters, who are voting the lesser of two evils, don't have an alternative or don't perceive themselves to have one.

I blame the superPACs and big business / unions funding the major parties campaigns. Media does not cover the little guy, so they essentially are invisible. Why doesn't Johnson & Goode get equal debate time and exposure? Instead, the press makes it out like you gotta vote one or the other. Maybe if third parties were more of a threat the Reps and Dems might wake up and get their own houses in order besides just slamming each other.

I'm not voting.. but that's cause I'm :canuck:

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Think about what you just said.....

Americans not voting= people exercising there rights it has nothing to do with lack of knowledge or contribution. It's called opinion and everyone is entitled to it, if it puts a bad taste in your mouth then maybe you are no better than the people trying to take our rights away.

Americans not voting are not people exercising their rights. That is another joke! It was never given to anyone as a right to not vote. They fought FOR that right and now there are people that dont care about that.

Its funny Grim, because if you couldnt vote you would want to and now that you can you dont.

Again, typical of a broken system. This is what happens when you let people think for themselves. They do the wrong things and then try to justify it.

Ej I like you but if you seriously think that just because someone chooses not to vote they are showing there lack of contribution and that they don't give a shit about the country i am inclined to call you an idiot.

This is funny to me... Think about what YOU are saying.

You must just not like the way it sounds because someone that is not voting is not contributing! So if someone that does vote is "contributing" then what is someone that is not voting called?

Welcome to 2012 Grim, where you are entitled to your opinion and everyone has been tough that they are "never" wrong.

Dont vote, just dont mad when someone says you are not contributing. Because you are not. Not doing = Not contributing.

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Americans not voting are not people exercising their rights. That is another joke! It was never given to anyone as a right to not vote. They fought FOR that right and now there are people that dont care about that.

Its funny Grim, because if you couldnt vote you would want to and now that you can you dont.

Again, typical of a broken system. This is what happens when you let people think for themselves. They do the wrong things and then try to justify it.

Dont vote, just dont mad when someone says you are not contributing. Because you are not. Not doing = Not contributing.

Participating in CONSTRUCTIVE debate is contributing...

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Participating in CONSTRUCTIVE debate is contributing...

Right, and calling someone an idiot is proof that on yet another level Grim doesnt contribute. :lol:

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Rabble rabble rabble!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2hsbxREkv1qhrsco.gif

grim
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Right, and calling someone an idiot is proof that on yet another level Grim doesnt contribute. :lol:

My contribution is obviously not worthy of Ej's perfect America.

It seriously amazes me how you are so passionate about passing judgment merely because someone doesn't do something that is oh so important as voting. :roll:

I shall gladly go back to laughing at these political posts, carry on.

you should not even be allowed here you don't own a motorcycle anymore!!! :spit:

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 02:04 PM
My contribution is obviously not worthy of Ej's perfect America.

It seriously amazes me how you are so passionate about passing judgment merely because someone doesn't do something that is oh so important as voting. :roll:

I shall gladly go back to laughing at these political posts, carry on.

you should not even be allowed here you don't own a motorcycle anymore!!! :spit:

Im not shooting for a "perfect America" I just think it would be nice if the citizens that enjoy the benefits could maybe, um.. VOTE. I know its so hard for you to understand, but its called a civil duty. The more people like you the worse this place gets.

Im not passing judgment? Just because I said that by not voting you are not contributing? I must have struck a nerve...

I thought we were friends Grimie? Im sad now :puppy:

As far as what I have in my garage (that doesnt have a bad ass checkered floor in cotton hood), I think you would be surprised. Im just not like you posting pictures of all my shit the second I get it.

Back to work buddy!

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 02:15 PM
On my personal behalf, my family has been in military service since they've immigrated here from Europe.

<snip>

Good on ya! But remember, if you are drawing a paycheck from Uncle Sam -- I PAY YOUR FUCKING SALARY THROUGH MY TAXES WHICH MAKES ME YOUR EMPLOYER. YOU CAN FUCK OFF WITH THAT ATTITUDE. BTW -- YOUR 'BOSS' NEEDS TO BE CHANGED EVERY EIGHT YEARS OR SO BY YOUR EMPLOYER BECAUSE YOU CAN'T TELL HIM TO FUCK OFF. :roll: /rant.

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Lol, yeah and I pay taxes on the tax dollars that pay my salary for other freeloader welfare programs. Don't worry you're getting a bargain anyway. Some days I make about a $1 an hour. And as far as my attitude? When ISN'T something worth more when you actually fought for it?

DFab
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I think people should vote if they can, but not for anyone running under the two major parties, cause they both suck balls.

grim
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Im not shooting for a "perfect America" I just think it would be nice if the citizens that enjoy the benefits could maybe, um.. VOTE. I know its so hard for you to understand, but its called a civil duty. The more people like you the worse this place gets.

Im not passing judgment? Just because I said that by not voting you are not contributing? I must have struck a nerve...

I thought we were friends Grimie? Im sad now :puppy:

As far as what I have in my garage (that doesnt have a bad ass checkered floor in cotton hood), I think you would be surprised. Im just not like you posting pictures of all my shit the second I get it.

Back to work buddy!

You reek of Jelly

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 02:22 PM
they both suck balls.

:applause:

Drano
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM

As it happens, I am a Mormon.

I am not, under any circumstances, no way, no how, voting for Romney.

However, a lot of the Mormons I know at church, along with friends and family members, fervently support, and are planning to vote for Romney. Some of it could be based on the fact that he's a Mormon, but it's more likely the result that most Mormons vote based on their religious convictions and conservative principles. Since Romney shares similar convictions, most will vote for him.

As an entity, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints will not instruct its members to vote for one candidate or another. It will, however, take a stance and encourage members to vote on specific issues, much like California's Prop. 8 and the earlier Prop. 22.

Many of you know that Harry Reid, the Democrat Senate Majority Leader, is also Mormon. You can bet he's not voting for Romney.

That said, I am not voting for Obama either. My personal belief is this, if you want to institute real change, it starts at the legislative level. Putting a President in office so he can sit on his thumb as policy after policy gets rejected by the party-loyalists and imbeciles of the legislative branch is a systemic virus which is slowly poisoning the nation. Politics needs to revert back to a civil service instead of a lifetime career. Institute term limits, and take away their retirements. That would be real change.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 06:00 PM
As it happens, I am a Mormon.

I am not, under any circumstances, no way, no how, voting for Romney.

However, a lot of the Mormons I know at church, along with friends and family members, fervently support, and are planning to vote for Romney. Some of it could be based on the fact that he's a Mormon, but it's more likely the result that most Mormons vote based on their religious convictions and conservative principles. Since Romney shares similar convictions, most will vote for him.

As an entity, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints will not instruct its members to vote for one candidate or another. It will, however, take a stance and encourage members to vote on specific issues, much like California's Prop. 8 and the earlier Prop. 22.

Many of you know that Harry Reid, the Democrat Senate Majority Leader, is also Mormon. You can bet he's not voting for Romney.

That said, I am not voting for Obama either. My personal belief is this, if you want to institute real change, it starts at the legislative level. Putting a President in office so he can sit on his thumb as policy after policy gets rejected by the party-loyalists and imbeciles of the legislative branch is a systemic virus which is slowly poisoning the nation. Politics needs to revert back to a civil service instead of a lifetime career. Institute term limits, and take away their retirements. That would be real change.

I hope you know that I wasnt poking fun. It was a serious question (minus my sarcasm) and I appreciate you speaking up.

Makes perfect sense. I guess kinda like how Obama had the majority of black votes.

Drano
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I hope you know that I wasnt poking fun. It was a serious question (minus my sarcasm) and I appreciate you speaking up.

Makes perfect sense. I guess kinda like how Obama had the majority of black votes.

No worries EJ. It's a legitimate question to ask. :)

Clovis
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Bryan, does that mean you won't be joining me at the Romney victory party? :(

j/k

Speaking of Mormons, I've got to give them credit for their missionary work. Nothing is harder to sell then Jesus. The mormons are how the Harwards (My family, specifically my father's side) came over from England.

My mom uncovered this a few years back while doing genology and traced the Harwards back to 1500s England. They were a prominate English family and in the 1800s missionaries converted a few of them to the faith. Those converts were disowned by their family, cut off entirely and came to America. One of the brothers died on the way so his brothers married his wife to help her survive. Yay, polygamy!

But seriously though, Romney wasn't my first choice but he has the potential to become Reagan 2.0.

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I don't care if Romney is going to save everyone from the rapture. I'd rather burn in hell than vote for him.

mdub
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 06:42 PM

yeah same here.....i'm high as kite now.

The Black Knight
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 07:08 PM
You are the one making your decisions, correct? As in no one else is telling you what to do?

You are doing whatever you want then? Yes? No?

I would say this. If you gave a shit about your country, you would vote. You are part of our country that has forgotten what a privilege it is because you choose to not get involved.

Thats your choice. But as said before - You are doing whatever you want. Thanks for your lack of contribution (and dont throw the service card because that almost makes it worse that you wouldnt even vote for whoever your boss was)
See here's where I have to disagree.

You chastising Grim for his right to "NOT" vote I believe is wrong. While you may believe that just because he's refraining from voting, means he's not contributing is false. He contributes in many ways that we all do. Pays his taxes, buys stuff to fuel this economy(regardless of it's weakness), is a good Dad and husband(I don't know if you are or not Grim, I'm going on a limb here man :) j/king), likes to hang out with friends, works hard, etc. etc.

But now you're saying he's taking away from this country by refusing to vote this year(or ever for that matter). But why?? Isn't it his "RIGHT" to utilize his "VOTE" that he deems would best benefit the growth of this country?? Isn't it his "RIGHT" to withhold that said "VOTE" if he deems no candidates worthy of receiving his vote??? Because in his mind, he's doing damage to this country by voting for someone he's not entirely happy with or particularly agrees with their platform.

So in my eyes, he is doing his, yours and my country a service. He's withholding his vote because he sees no viable option to vote for. And I'd rather see someone withhold their vote, rather than waste it in their eyes.

Now some people will say, "if you don't vote, you can't bitch about the results." That argument does hold water to some degree. Because it does have truth behind it.

However, the person that does withhold their vote can always say, "well, there wasn't anyone worth voting for. So I saved my vote." And that retort holds water as well. Because it's just as truthful.

My point is, to harangue someone for withholding a vote is specious at best from your stance. And diminishes you in their eyes for looking downward upon them for withholding a vote.

Lastly, if someone chooses to refrain from voting, shouldn't we honor their belief and accept it for what it is?? A right to "NOT" vote, is doing the right thing their eyes.

After all, isn't that what some people in this country piss and moan about the most, tolerance of one's ideology and beliefs or certain lifestyles, yet are the first to deny it(tolerance) to those that don't share their particular set of beliefs????

Zanatos
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM
How can you guys not like Romney? That pimp's got binders fulla women!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/8149_10151219642219742_1058375392_n.jpg

TransNone13
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 08:06 PM
To lighten the tension, I just ordered a set of these:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-14286580641422_2232_7467579041

With the text seDUCATIve underneath. Will go great with the new bits, lmao.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Shocked by the isidewith results!

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:09 PM
61% Democrat
57% Libertarian

55% Republican

30% Green

Gary Johnson who?

I knew it!!! You're one of us! Smarty pants! :p

The Black Knight
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:39 PM
O.k. here's my results just to stick in the knife and turn :)

Mitt Romney: 94%
Virgil Goode: 72%
Gary Johnson: 70%
Barack Obama: 33% <-----LOL!!
Jill Stein: 5%
Rocky Anderson: 3%

Colorado Voters: 48%
American Voters: 48%

Parties:
Republican: 93%
Libertarian: 60%
Democrat: 12% <-----way to high :D
Green: 5% <-----WTF?? :wtf:

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM
See here's where I have to disagree.

You chastising Grim for his right to "NOT" vote I believe is wrong. While you may believe that just because he's refraining from voting, means he's not contributing is false. He contributes in many ways that we all do. Pays his taxes, buys stuff to fuel this economy(regardless of it's weakness), is a good Dad and husband(I don't know if you are or not Grim, I'm going on a limb here man :) j/king), likes to hang out with friends, works hard, etc. etc.

But now you're saying he's taking away from this country by refusing to vote this year(or ever for that matter). But why?? Isn't it his "RIGHT" to utilize his "VOTE" that he deems would best benefit the growth of this country?? Isn't it his "RIGHT" to withhold that said "VOTE" if he deems no candidates worthy of receiving his vote??? Because in his mind, he's doing damage to this country by voting for someone he's not entirely happy with or particularly agrees with their platform.

So in my eyes, he is doing his, yours and my country a service. He's withholding his vote because he sees no viable option to vote for. And I'd rather see someone withhold their vote, rather than waste it in their eyes.

Now some people will say, "if you don't vote, you can't bitch about the results." That argument does hold water to some degree. Because it does have truth behind it.

However, the person that does withhold their vote can always say, "well, there wasn't anyone worth voting for. So I saved my vote." And that retort holds water as well. Because it's just as truthful.

My point is, to harangue someone for withholding a vote is specious at best from your stance. And diminishes you in their eyes for looking downward upon them for withholding a vote.

Lastly, if someone chooses to refrain from voting, shouldn't we honor their belief and accept it for what it is?? A right to "NOT" vote, is doing the right thing their eyes.

After all, isn't that what some people in this country piss and moan about the most, tolerance of one's ideology and beliefs or certain lifestyles, yet are the first to deny it(tolerance) to those that don't share their particular set of beliefs????

I love how you always know it all. Seriously. You are the final word.

Tell all this to the people that fought for the right to do it.... And while im sure you will have some great defensive rebuttal just know that if you laid the ground work, fought wars, spent money, broke the law (and on and on and on) that you would be the FIRST to bitch if people starting forgetting about the cause.

And one more thing. This country doesnt work with people in it that "utilize there 'right' to vote" Thats just as stupid as saying that talking shit about the President is freedom of speech. All of everything is backwards and everyone feels they have a justified reason to do it.

Edit* This "So in my eyes, he is doing his, yours and my country a service. He's withholding his vote because he sees no viable option to vote for. And I'd rather see someone withhold their vote, rather than waste it in their eyes."

Hes not, not voting because he doesnt see a viable option. He not voting because this shit is not important to him and he view anything "political" as a joke and waste of time.

The Black Knight
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:47 PM
who told you?? :D

Vellos
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Democrat: 12% <-----way to high :D

You must be 12% anti-American.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Your using the word "withhold". That in itself means something. It almost implies that someone SHOULD vote but isnt. One could probably take it further and say that the word would sugest that you are intentionally not doing something that you know should be done.

The Black Knight
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 09:56 PM

Tell all this to the people that fought for the right to do it.... And while im sure you will have some great defensive rebuttal just know that if you laid the ground work, fought wars, spent money, broke the law (and on and on and on) that you would be the FIRST to bitch if people starting forgetting about the cause.

And one more thing. This country doesnt work with people in it that "utilize there 'right' to vote" Thats just as stupid as saying that talking shit about the President is freedom of speech. All of everything is backwards and everyone feels they have a justified reason to do it.

Already have, and they agree...

my Grandfather served, several Uncles have served, have three cousins currently active duty, also a few friends are active duty. My Dad was about to be drafted during the Vietnam War but he was turned down as it was late in the war and it was coming to an end. His brother my Uncle also got his number called, but was rejected due to having flat feet.

I've even thought about joining the Army Reserve but my current work while allowing me to serve, won't be paying me during Basic training(I've still got bills to pay while I'd be gone), nor the time I'd be gone(and at the end of the day, when you've got bills, it's always about the money). So I'm going to have to shelve that idea. Thought doing it as it sounded interesting plus a chance to serve. Though I already to serve at the moment, as I work for the local government. And believe me, being a city employee isn't all fun and games or being lazy and comes with more snide comments and smirks, than a thanks for doing the job.

The Black Knight
Fri Oct 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM

Edit* This "So in my eyes, he is doing his, yours and my country a service. He's withholding his vote because he sees no viable option to vote for. And I'd rather see someone withhold their vote, rather than waste it in their eyes."

Hes not, not voting because he doesnt see a viable option. He not voting because this shit is not important to him and he view anything "political" as a joke and waste of time.

You must be 12% anti-American.
I must be, if I could burn that 12% out of my system I would....:doublefinger:

just messin with ya by the way :D

Your using the word "withhold". That in itself means something. It almost implies that someone SHOULD vote but isnt. One could probably take it further and say that the word would sugest that you are intentionally not doing something that you know should be done.
Dude relax, I know you're upset with Grim for not wanting to vote. I understand your side completely. I was merely offering another side of the coin. Another point of view as to why he may or may not vote.

Why? because I was him years ago. For the longest time, I hated anything to do with Politics. Pretty much still do, though I do realize that if I don't vote, it's basically a vote in favor of the guy I can't stand. So yes, I vote now and always will continue to vote.

But when I was younger, I thought it was pointless and served no purpose. I always felt I was voting for the "lesser of two evils" and honestly wasting a vote. I felt that in some way I'd be contributing to the corruption of my country if I cast a vote for someone just for the hell of it.

Again, that's how I felt when I was "YOUNGER". Not anymore, the older I've gotten, the more I try to utilize my vote as a vote for something to better this country, regardless of party. Do I still feel my vote doesn't amount to much?? You bet, but I still vote.

But that's a stance I've always held. Our votes in this country don't mean shit and haven't for a long time.... In the end, the powers that be will make something happen, whether I try and stop it or not.

derekm
Sat Oct 20th, 2012, 12:26 AM
picked Johnson for me and thats who I was planning on voting for anyway :)

Drano
Sat Oct 20th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I think many people in here labor under the presumption that your vote actually counts. In the strictest sense of the word, it doesn't. The US doesn't elect based off the popular vote, it uses an electoral college. If you don't know how the electoral college works, read this http://www.howstuffworks.com/electoral-college.htm.

The Electoral College is a controversial mechanism of presidential elections that was created by the framers of the U.S. Constitution (http://www.nara.gov/exhall/charters/constitution/constitution.html) as a compromise for the presidential election process. At the time, some politicians believed a purely popular election was too reckless, while others objected to giving Congress the power to select the president. The compromise was to set up an Electoral College system that allowed voters to vote for electors, who would then cast their votes for candidates, a system described in Article II, section 1 of the Constitution.

Each state has a number of electors equal to the number of its U.S. senators (http://www.senate.gov/) (2 in each state) plus the number of its U.S. representatives (http://www.house.gov/), which varies according to the state's population. Currently, the Electoral College includes 538 electors, 535 for the total number of congressional members, and three who represent Washington, D.C., as allowed by the 23rd Amendment (http://www.aristotle.net/%7Ehantley/hiedlegl/constitu/amend23.htm). On the Monday following the second Wednesday in December, the electors of each state meet in their respective state capitals to officially cast their votes for president and vice president. These votes are then sealed and sent to the president of the Senate, who on Jan. 6 opens and reads the votes in the presence of both houses of Congress. The winner is sworn into office at noon Jan. 20. Most of the time, electors cast their votes for the candidate who has received the most votes in that particular state. However, there have been times when electors have voted contrary to the people's decision, which is entirely legal.If that still isn't clear enough, in 2000, Gore won the popular vote, but still lost the election because Bush had more electoral votes. Basically, if you vote, you're simply voting with the hope that your electors will vote the way you do. It's not a guarantee.

Drano
Sat Oct 20th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Bryan, does that mean you won't be joining me at the Romney victory party? :(

j/k

To be perfectly honest, I don't think Romney will win. I think he'll lose because he is a Mormon.

Since the formation of the LDS church in 1830, it has been met with severe persecution and hostility. For example, In 1838, Missouri Governor Lilburn W. Boggs signed into law an extermination order making it legal to kill Mormons. To escape persecution, the Mormons fled to Utah after the founder, Joseph Smith, was murdered by a mob in Illinois in 1844. By the way, the persecution didn't start because the church adopted plural marriage. Plural marriages weren't practiced until early 1843, and it wasn't publicly known until the early 1850s, by which time most Mormons were either in Utah or en route.

It's my opinion, due to misinformation, rumors, and lies that have had nearly 200 years to spread, that Romney won't find enough support from his own base to secure an election. Many Christian churches today still "teach" their congregations about the LDS church, which, of course, doesn't portray us in a positive light. In general, there's just too much uncertainty and confusion about Mormons, and I think that will affect the vote. My $0.02 fwiw.

Ezzzzy1
Sat Oct 20th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Dude relax, I know you're upset with Grim for not wanting to vote. I understand your side completely. I was merely offering another side of the coin. Another point of view as to why he may or may not vote.

Why? because I was him years ago. For the longest time, I hated anything to do with Politics. Pretty much still do, though I do realize that if I don't vote, it's basically a vote in favor of the guy I can't stand. So yes, I vote now and always will continue to vote.

But when I was younger, I thought it was pointless and served no purpose. I always felt I was voting for the "lesser of two evils" and honestly wasting a vote. I felt that in some way I'd be contributing to the corruption of my country if I cast a vote for someone just for the hell of it.

Again, that's how I felt when I was "YOUNGER". Not anymore, the older I've gotten, the more I try to utilize my vote as a vote for something to better this country, regardless of party. Do I still feel my vote doesn't amount to much?? You bet, but I still vote.

But that's a stance I've always held. Our votes in this country don't mean shit and haven't for a long time.... In the end, the powers that be will make something happen, whether I try and stop it or not.

I am cool maing... I was a little surprised with your reply, we are usually in the same neighborhood with this stuff.

Not that I am upset with Grim, I fully understand that people are allowed their own thoughts and beliefs but to me thats becoming more of the problem than anything else.

People think that everything they think is "right". You dont have to have a brain to think things and even if those things are backwards, if questioned that person will try to justify it or stand up for it.

It probably a really hard concept to try to understand but the reality is that 80% of what people believe to be correct (in their thinking) is not. It takes more than just thinking its right to not vote to understand that its not, but most people feel that because they think it, it is. They commonly say that they are entitled to their opinion and while people are im sure you can tell me what happens when you have idiots that have opinions - exactly, stupid people formulating stupid thought equaling stupid beliefs that they believe to be "true".

Either way. There is a lot of reason to feel the way people do about the whole process and to everyone that doesnt vote and backed up their statement with a seemingly intact thought process, you rock!

Being "proud" of bucking the system is probably what makes me the most perturbed and thats what I feel like Grim was doing. Hes always the one petting the dog the wrong way.

TransNone13
Sat Oct 20th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Hes always the one petting the dog the wrong way.

Maybe he has a Ridgeback? :dunno:

VryfastRR
Sat Oct 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Jill Stein: 90%
Barack Obama: 90%
Rocky Anderson: 81%
Mitt Romney: 27%

Colorado Voters: 62%
American Voters: 61%

Democrat: 96%
Green: 94%
Libertarian: 57%
Republican: 17%

Vellos
Sat Oct 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Jill Stein: 90%

Jill is an unstable candidate. She was temporarily arrested for trying to break into the last presidential debate.

I believe the only third party candidate that will get many votes is Gary Johnson. Mainly because a large number of republicans are moderates and are tired of the extremism coming out of the GOP (like when they lowered our credit rating due to the debt ceiling talks). Romney is himself less favorable because he isn't campaigning for a cause, his only cause is to become elected president; he won't release any details for his great plan, and is known for making shit up and saying only what people want to hear. The last reason is that the GOP blocked Ron Paul from getting a seat at the Republican National Convention since he hadn't openly endorsed Romney yet (by increasing the number of wins required to enter, which Ron had previously met). Voting for Gary is sending a message to the GOP that they're heading down an unstable path of extremism and non-partisan policies.