PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Sv650S

hrvstofsrrw
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 09:11 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/576499_619841236410_1457151498_n.jpgFUCK !!!!!! Some worthless scum bag stole my motorcycle today out of a garage in belmar WTF!!!!!.. Please keep an eye out for my 2007 red suzuki sv650s my plate is 075UHH. I have filed a police report and will be spending my time looking for it. It did not currently have theft insurance on it so I am boned on that ;(

It is stock minus a yoshimura rs3 slip on and a black carbon fiber tank protector

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 09:26 PM
good luck. with all the thefts this year, I've been locking my steering even in the garage.

hrvstofsrrw
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah they punched the steering lock and cut the piece of shit 50 onguard chain that I had on it

madvlad
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 10:03 PM
Belmar may seem like a good area but it really isn't... A lot of gang banger homies in that area and just thug wannabes so expect this type of crap. For your next bike may I suggest Lo-Jack or maybe an alarm. I'm in the Littleton area so I'll keep an eye for sure. Any other specific things to look for on the bike that would make easier to identify? Damage etc?

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Someone knew where to find this bike and how you stored it. Chances are they've been watching you for a couple weeks.

JKOL
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 10:16 PM
Good luck getting your bike back and may karma take car of the dickless thief. There have been far too many of these threads this year.

madvlad
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 10:21 PM
Agreed there with JKOL, the thefts this year have been ridiculous... Mainly down in CoS

hrvstofsrrw
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 10:39 PM
pretty much stock and flawless shape other than the stuff I listed. Yeah when we moved to belmar we liked it initially but absolutely hate it now, like you said a ton of wanna be gang banger pieces of shit around here..

madvlad
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 10:58 PM
pretty much stock and flawless shape other than the stuff I listed. Yeah when we moved to belmar we liked it initially but absolutely hate it now, like you said a ton of wanna be gang banger pieces of shit around here..

Yea it is nice but just the surrounding neighborhoods are not very friendly unfortunately. I am Hispanic and man it sure sucks being judged thanks to people like this. Sure hope you find the bike soon man.

ezrider
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 11:02 PM
That sucks man. I'll keep my eyes open for your bike.

AOK303
Sun Oct 21st, 2012, 11:51 PM
Oi i just read this on quattro world

Was it in the garage by the movie Theater they have camera's actally helped catch the guy who stole a bike there 2 years ago from what i remember

hrvstofsrrw
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:20 AM
No it was at the garage at the 7166 at belmar building and they don't have cameras, they charge us 10 dollars a month for people to pick up trash at the door but the dipshits can't install cameras. I will be having one hell of a chat with the property manager tomorrow:guns:

hrvstofsrrw
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:21 AM
Sticker has been removed from the chain guard and gas tank, reflectors have also been removed from the front fork and rear license plate bracket, bike has a little over 6k miles on it

tecknojoe
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
Damn that's shitty

donno how people go without theft coverage these days

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Oh, parking garage. That explains a little more. Parking garage = mc thief convenient store

hrvstofsrrw
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
They found it and arrested the driver! Pressing every damn charge I can!

TransNone13
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25431334.jpg

madvlad
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Damn that was quick, nice. Hopefully no major damage done

tecknojoe
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Go buy a lottery ticket dude. You can consider yourself lucky as hell

asp_125
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
W00t! Rare that they get an arrest. Make em pay!

hrvstofsrrw
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah im on cloud nine right now, Hopefully all I have to replace is the locks but I sure as hell am putting full coverage on it now!

~Barn~
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Wow. You lucked out man! Glad you're getting it back.

JKOL
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Lucky as hell, congrats.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120602/n4fc9ba32b5927.gif

MilkMan
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Holy shit! Glad to hear you got it back man! My GSXR went walking in the middle of July, and I have recieved a whopping 1 (thats right ONE) fucking phone call from the police department and was given a detectives number, left mulitple messages with him, and no answer. Its a chritsmas miracle that you got yours back!! Happy for you! Be sure to get full coverage and lo jack or at the minimum an alarm installed on it now! Good news today!
-Mick-

hrvstofsrrw
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Thank you every one it is safe and sound in a garage in the mountains for the time being. They messed up all the locks and some wiring and had some minor scratches here and there. It sucks alot but all in all I am counting my blessings and consider myself very lucky. I will upload some pics of the damage tomorrow, tonight I am having some celebratory beers!! http://www.ar-15.co/forums/images/smilies/anim_beer1.gifhttp://www.ar-15.co/forums/images/smilies/anim_beer1.gifhttp://www.ar-15.co/forums/images/smilies/anim_beer1.gif

tecknojoe
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Did you buy theft/vandalism insurance yet?

CO_Vol
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
They found it and arrested the driver! Pressing every damn charge I can!

Who was the arresting department?

ezrider
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
Dude you scored big time!

hrvstofsrrw
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah it has full coverage now, the bike was reported stolen in lakewood but recovered in denver by dpd

ezrider
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Glad you got your bike back, I have five words for you...

Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit U-Loc

UHATEIT
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Good stuff man! I've got an sv650s as well and ill be watching my shit as well! I park in a parking garage as well. We park it in a paid underground lot as well.

slo lee
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:48 PM
Glad you got your bike back. There is a post from June 10th that you had a 2001 Ex250 stolen and recovered. Whazzup?

hrvstofsrrw
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah had my last bike stolen as well back in 06, its the last time I will have my bike in anything other than a personal garage with full coverage. Pain in the ass but I guess the lakewood area has its fair share of bad parts.

hrvstofsrrw
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Glad you got your bike back, I have five words for you...

Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit U-Loc

I am gonna go with the almax sexcurity chains out of london, expensive but I have a friend that has one and the thing is a damn behemoth

slo lee
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM
+1
Almax series III or IV. Will you post the total cost of what you get? Also the weight. I was looking on their web site and I'd like to get the chain and lock but I'm not sure if I want to carry the chain and lock around when I'm out riding. Also these things are not cheap!! Thanks, Dan

hrvstofsrrw
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I am waiting to hear back from them on a shipping quote but their series 4 in a 2.5 m length with the squire lock is about 360 before you even look at shipping. If you opt for the shortest chain it saves ya about 100

slo lee
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM
:jawdrop: Thanks. Let me know about the shipping and weight.

ezrider
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I am gonna go with the almax sexcurity chains out of london, expensive but I have a friend that has one and the thing is a damn behemoth

Sounds good. You could give this one a look on amazon for 106 including shipping.
Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain with Disc Lock - 3 Ft. 3 In http://amzn.to/VGga23

I read an article by a "x-professional" motorcycle thief who said that the Fahgettaboudit setup is hard to beat. He actually recommend using three locks: the steering lock, a rotor lock PLUS the Fahgettaboudit lock with chain. AND a locking cover. This is the method I use if I park on the street in front of my apartment overnight. I also use the three lock method when my bike is in the storage unit. In a pinch he recommended taking the clutch lever off the bike. That's only a one time deal because if a thief is casing you he'll come back with a clutch lever. (personally I'd like to kick his ass even if he is an "x")

Hope this helps you keep your bike.