PDA

View Full Version : Good plays in and around Denver?

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Sweetie and I want to see a few plays this winter. Does anyone have experience with the local theaters or specific plays still running?

Thanks!

AOK303
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 02:22 AM
downtown or the arvada center are you best bet's

kingtut
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 07:47 AM
This was okay-ee: http://denvercenter.org/buy-tickets/shows/loveperfectchange/home.aspx

Started off a bit slow, but got better. First play (if that's considered a play) I'd ever been to.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I've seen everything from high school plays up to well known stars like Al Pacino at the Kennedy Center in D.C. As long as they try and have some decent production value, I enjoy myself. I've seen countless Shakespeare here and abroad so I'm inclined to go more modern. Musicals need not apply...

Darth Do'Urden
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I wish there was a theater or two locally that allowed for more "off the street" auditions without requiring a friggin' acting RESUME. I love acting, but it's a hobby, not a career. I'd like to be able to get into some local acting, but everyone wants credentialed professionals, and it's aggravating.

Sean
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Arvada Center is usually pretty solid.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Oct 24th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I wish there was a theater or two locally that allowed for more "off the street" auditions without requiring a friggin' acting RESUME. I love acting, but it's a hobby, not a career. I'd like to be able to get into some local acting, but everyone wants credentialed professionals, and it's aggravating.
You and me both brother. I miss acting but don't have the resolve to give it all my hobby time.