PDA

View Full Version : SPEED, aka "the NASCRAP channel" sux ballz

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Did anyone else watching the Moto2 race at Phillip Island see the way the NASCRAP channel interrupted the race (in the middle of the title-clinching battle, no less) to show NASCRAP victory lane? The resumed it after that boring shit about 1/2 hour later, totally ruining my DVD-RW recording of it, I had to throw the disk away. Fuck you SPEED channel. None of us watching REAL racing care about a bunch of redneck has-been's and never-was's running around in a big circle in late-'70's technology boat anchors. You guys suck balls.

I suggest you write these morons and tell 'em we didn't and don't appreciatte that shit.

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I suggest you write these morons and tell 'em we didn't and don't appreciatte that shit.
It doesn't help, I've been trying that for a while. They even have a forum area you can bitch on too.

http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

madvlad
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Lol should be called pbrneck channel lol... I don't watch that crap channel anymore cause of that. They took all the good shows out for more nascar time.

TransNone13
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
::cringe::

Not having cable seems to be saving me a lot of headaches!

mauser72
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah and on top of that we have to deal with the scrolling "Breaking News another redneck turned left" banner on the bottom of the screen the whole damn race

BC14
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Don't worry Frank, as next year it'll be all nascar and baseball as it turns into "Fox Sports 1"... Formula 1 got relegated to NBC starting in the spring. Haven't heard anything about the other motorsports and where they might end up.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Hating on NASCAR is downright un-American Frank. ;)

bluedogok
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Don't worry Frank, as next year it'll be all nascar and baseball as it turns into "Fox Sports 1"... Formula 1 got relegated to NBC starting in the spring. Haven't heard anything about the other motorsports and where they might end up.
Yep, Speed as it is currently structured will cease to exist after the Nascar season ends. Amazing how Nascar and horrible automotive based reality shows couldn't sustain. For as many resources as Fox can bring to a channel they seem to squander them more than they utilize them. Most niche networks were better on their own instead of being part of some conglomerate that runs them into the ground with lowest common denominator programming.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Hating on NASCAR is downright un-American Frank. ;)
Naaaah, NASCRAP just sux. Indycar is something I used to get behind before Tony George screwed up open-wheel racing in the US.

mdub
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I like Velocity. Recorded Isle of Man few days ago....hmmm savoring every minute of it....

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I miss Speedvision. They had all kinds of racing from all over the world. All racing... nothing but racing! That was a great channel.

madvlad
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I miss Speedvision. They had all kinds of racing from all over the world. All racing... nothing but racing! That was a great channel.

Yep, remember waking up early sundays to watch F1 races then Lemans, WRC etc... Nascar=FAIL!.... I hate Montoya for quitting F1 and going to Nascar just cause Chip Ganassi said so, feg!